Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 02:53 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times

Advertisements

Has never happened to me.

i would stop contact with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 03:16 PM

112 posts, read 130,669 times
Cut them off. Simple. You don't have to talk to the people you don't want nor like. It's your right, both morally & legally.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:26 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
Bye felicia!

Old 10-17-2015, 04:11 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,159,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Recognize that they act that way...
and either cut them out of your life (since it bothers you so much), or don't let it bother you so much.
Agree.

I would not respond to their impatient comment. They get their answer when they get their answer.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:47 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,981,246 times
I realized if they don't have time for me and there is always an excuse to get back to me...
I remove myself, so they have no time to make excuses about getting back to me.
It's a hard lesson, but it's better than the alternative.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:06 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
I don't understand what the fuss is about. People get busy. If you want to look for reasons to feel slighted I'm sure you can find them but if you're interested in making friends, loosen up.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:20 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I don't understand what the fuss is about. People get busy. If you want to look for reasons to feel slighted I'm sure you can find them but if you're interested in making friends, loosen up.

While the OP may be on the sensitive side what you said isn't right either. Busy is a four letter word.

It's the excuse used nowadays for rude behavior. Instead of saying "I'm sorry I should have gotten back to you" it's now "I'm just so busy" to justify their lack of manners.

I guarantee these same people who are too busy, if you sent them a text or left a VM stating "Hi, I just came into an inheritance and would like to give you $5,000, could you get back to me or come over".....would somehow manage to find time for that.

Using the "busy" excuse is just that an excuse.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:49 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,250,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
While the OP may be on the sensitive side what you said isn't right either. Busy is a four letter word.

It's the excuse used nowadays for rude behavior. Instead of saying "I'm sorry I should have gotten back to you" it's now "I'm just so busy" to justify their lack of manners.

I guarantee these same people who are too busy, if you sent them a text or left a VM stating "Hi, I just came into an inheritance and would like to give you $5,000, could you get back to me or come over".....would somehow manage to find time for that.

There's no way we could have ever been friends then. My working life in the past 5 years was a tightrope act, not poor manners. A job and a place to live would be more important than a lack of tolerance on your part. I'm grateful my friends and family had a bit more of an understanding.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:20 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

I certainly disagree with you. Adults in this society have BUSY periods. That's just life.

Old 10-18-2015, 03:07 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,159,881 times
I don't think the issue is that somebody was too busy. Instead, one person took his/her time responding to the OP and didn't like it when the OP took his/her time to respond back.

It's annoying at most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships