Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 07:34 AM

8,153 posts, read 8,354,049 times

Advertisements

the cringling nose thing ..... if it happens more than on a single day I'd be concerned. If it was just now and is not a common occurance, shake it off. But its some cue of distaste. So something about you was not good; either its your own leering look, your body or breath odor, or maybe you forgot to zip your junk back in.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 08:01 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,835,211 times
The fact that these reactions seem very specific to females, there is something that you are doing that would trigger female disdain. Women for the most part are sharp at reading body language and if it seems that you are impressed with yourself and looking to impress them, an opposite reaction will occur.

What are you wearing and how are you groomed? If you are too much of a peacock and walk and act like one, especially if you include any ogling that others have mentioned, women, especially dominant or confident women will likely be repulsed. Same goes for badly, sloppily or extremely dressed or coiffed like (sorry) white guys wearing big dreads or if you are covered in skull tats or piercings. Those looks are very specific to a type, that is repulsing to others.

Finally, you mentioned the gym. If you are overly massive or pumped up, that is off-putting to a fairly large swath of women, and attractive to others. I'm in the former group. You can't please everyone so please yourself and work to be a good person. Trust me, unless you are very lucky or work very hard at it, the outer shell starts falling apart as time progresses leaving what is beneath.

Many, (many) years ago I dated a couple of physically beautiful men but one of them was a hot mess inside. It got to where I couldn't even see his beauty, I just saw and experienced the part that was a jerk and I let him go. Don't worry so much about what others think other than striving to be beautiful inside.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:01 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,533 times
Ask a close friend or a family member to give an honest opinion about any odor problems. I had a roommate who had really bad breath but she didn't know about it until one of us told her. Another friend sweat a lot & had body odor within few hours of taking a bath but didn't notice it either. Its either body odor or bad breath or your perfume/deo/cologne. If you are absolutely sure its not your breath or sweat then change your perfume, deodorant, cologne, after shave, shampoo, body wash......whatever products you use. Notice any difference in their attitude. Maybe some products you are using are giving allergies to people.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:22 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
No-one crinkles their nose when they walk past another person. I haven't even seen people crinkle their noses in the worst fish markets. If one person did this to you, I'd suggest that was extremely abnormal and to be ignored. But two? Insane. Several? Twilight Zone. I'm not being mean to you, but honestly, I cannot imagine this happening in any part of the world. My only suggestion is to not look at women when you pass them.
I'm sure I've crinkled my nose, and it's usually because they smell.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:23 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
OP, is it like this?
bahahahaaaa!!!

Old 10-14-2015, 09:17 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whywontthisjustwork View Post
Ok, I'm very confused by girls behavior towards me. I'm attractive and I get attention. Girls flirt with me. But they often also give me looks of disgust. Like crinkling their nose. Women, what does this mean? Obviously I take it as disgust, but I know I'm attractive and am very confident (not cocky). Does it just mean I'm not their type? I would think so but just wanted to double check. I just find it hard to believe people would do that just because they don't find someone attractive. And to clarify, this always happens in passing. Not when I'm talking to them. And I don't smell. I bathe daily and use deo. This happens from across rooms also.
Maybe you should get rid of the nose hair dreadlocks?

Old 10-14-2015, 12:19 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
Ok, I've read most of your posts and here is my diagnosis: you are a paranoid narcissist.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:22 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,261,452 times
Do you smoke? Maybe you smell.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:49 PM

112 posts, read 130,745 times
Girls or anyone wouldn't really show contempt even if you weren't handsome. I mean, even if there was an ugly guy on the street, people don't really bother to show contempt unless they were asked or you did something. Maybe you took the attraction as granted & it pissed off their ego? But you should really post your picture for things like this. I am a guy by the way. I was just saying "girls or whoever" wouldn't do that usually.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:18 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Ive known people over my lifetime who bathe daily, yet NEVER wash their clothes.

Which kind of defeats the entire point of bathing...

But I digress.

If you look good from a distance OP then females start wrinkling their noses, I'd look to your personal hygiene clothes-wise.

Maybe you wear the same daggy slacks and frayed collar from Mon-Sun I don't know.

Maybe you have long fingernails<<<<UTTER turnoff

Maybe your general hygiene is not quite as splendid as you think it is...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships