Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 06:06 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
This man and lady were in line in front of me and the man pushes his wifes hand away while he is reading something , apparently he was reading the pkg machine instructions and she was ready to push a button and he moved her hand away , was that disrespectful or what ? I just shook my head and wondered what kind of relationship they must have . I know my other half would never hear the end of it if he were to do that to me . I would feel disrespected if he did that to me . what say the rest of you ?

Christ, that poor, poor man.

Did it ever dawn on you that he was reading instructions or important info? How dare he do the logical thing while the wife is ready to move!

Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 07:12 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Nosy people don't often appreciate the nuances and illusions of what they think they "see."

Old 10-27-2015, 09:24 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,386,473 times
Why people can't mind their own business and not jump to conclusions from little or almost no information about others? I guess they are happy together, and you just don't know how and why.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:02 AM

422 posts, read 336,116 times
I learned a long time ago to never judge a couples relationship......two people who seem totally happy in public can be on the verge of divorce and what works for you may not work for them!

Old 10-28-2015, 10:05 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Not your problem. Not your relationship. You don't really know what was going on before, during, or after. It's none of your business. Worry about yourself. Unless there's a physical fight, I mind my own business. I've got no problem calling the cops if people are physically fighting.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:26 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
This man and lady were in line in front of me and the man pushes his wifes hand away while he is reading something , apparently he was reading the pkg machine instructions and she was ready to push a button and he moved her hand away , was that disrespectful or what ? I just shook my head and wondered what kind of relationship they must have . I know my other half would never hear the end of it if he were to do that to me . I would feel disrespected if he did that to me . what say the rest of you ?
Yes, that was disrespectful of her not to wait for her husband to stop reading, kind of like someone butting in and finishing your conversation for you. Let the man finish what he's doing for heaven's sake, if he needed help I'm sure he would have asked her.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:12 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I think you see into it as does the OP.
More like I suspected that was what the OP was waiting to hear...or rather read.

For all I know, what she saw as disrespectful was him playfully swatting her hand away.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:40 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,493,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
. I guess only that couple knows who was really the rude one.

Yup. MYOB

Old 10-28-2015, 01:54 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
This thread is cracking me up. No where in her post has the OP made a judgment about the couple. All she did was ask a question - "Is this behavior rude?"

Where's the insight? Perhaps the OP is a kind person who was feeling empathetic about what she perceived to be disrespectful treatment.

No one on here ever sees something in public that concerns them? And no one here ever makes a judgment about strangers? How about the OP? Are you judging?

(It's so easy to see when someone else does it. For some it's impossible to see when they, themselves, do it.)

Old 10-28-2015, 04:40 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
Us:

wife: don't turn the hose on yet.

me: turn on the hose?

wife: No. DON'T turn on the hose.

me: Turning on the hose then. . .

wife: NO. I SAID, DON'T TURN IT ON.

me: turn it on?

wife: NO.

me: looking at her and smiling.

wife: does a slow burn, then starts smiling.

Ya gotta be married awhile to get that. . .
Are you my husband? I live with this every single day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships