Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2015, 11:31 AM

2 posts, read 1,305 times

Advertisements

There are sometimes but at first I want to say my family does not do this and am thankful
But it seems like thanksgiving and Christmas is a big time for families to argue with one another at the table. Let's sAy that there are small kids for thanksgiving and Christmas . How does the parents and grandparents handle the kids if there is argument among family members because you can let afford grandparents getting high blood pressure worry about how the grandkids will reAct??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 11:48 AM

238 posts, read 222,672 times
I hate family gatherings at holiday times. My two brothers and I don't always get along. My youngest brother is a spoiled brat. Christmas is about what he will get. He get's nobody any gifts, yet expects everyone to get him whatever he wants. My parents spoil him too. Which really bugs me and my other brother. He's so ungrateful too. My parents co-signed a fifteen thousand dollar car for him last year. He only has to pay two hundred a month. They are paying about three. He still acts ungrateful.

Thanksgiving isn't as bad because gifts aren't being given. But, there is family from my oldest brothers wife who I don't care for. That makes for an uncomfortable evening. Her siblings are artsy fartsy dorks. I know that sounds mean, but they are. I have nothing in common with them. They don't even watch sports. Not my kind of people.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:49 AM

22,556 posts, read 47,605,466 times
Since your family does not do this, why do you need to know how to handle it?

Old 11-12-2015, 01:03 PM

237 posts, read 224,615 times
When I find myself in awkward situations such as family gatherings over the holidays, I just pretend I'm an actor in a cheesy sit-com. I just sit back and allow myself to be entertained.

Old 11-12-2015, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Since your family does not do this, why do you need to know how to handle it?
A friend of mine faces that all the time. He has in laws that are a pain and his parents idolize them due to the grandkids

Old 11-13-2015, 12:08 AM

601 posts, read 1,450,761 times
Drink a lot and eat a lot, then take a long nap on the sofa (blame it on food coma). Nobody will bother you until it's time to go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships