Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 10:43 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Ah, there's that logic and reason women are known for... Oh wait.

Like I said before, you clearly have a lack of experience with relationships and human nature in this dynamic. Please spare me any more of your ignorant posts on the subject.
Funny that my lack of experience (excuse me have we met?) represents the majority of opinions posting in this thread. Say, when was the last time you listened to a woman tell you what it's like to be a man and men's friendships? (Rhetorical question, as I know you have no women friends.) But please Dr. Phil...keep talking...you are proving my point for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 10:56 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
If there was ever any doubt that Kaphawoman was on the right side in this tiff you two are having, your post above cleared that up. Putting a big grinning face next to a trite sexist comment doesn't make it funny. Or true. Not to mention, countering someone's beliefs with the rejoinder that she just doesn't have enough "experience" to understand your side (when you know so little about her) is a shining example of a strawman.
Thank you. This poster based his stereotypical opinion on two things: the gender of OP's friends and the fact that she's getting married before them. He took nothing she wrote into consideration. Not the several years of backstory between the OP and her fiance or the things she may have told her friends about the relationship. Talk about lack of logic! Funny that he thinks I need to be married to have an opinion on this but he can have his opinion on how women think while he is not one. I feel sorry for whatever mail order bride he had to import.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:01 PM

483 posts, read 691,865 times
Personally, I think 3.5 years is long enough as an experience, to know if you want to be with someone, the ups and downs of things. In fact, I once heard that many couples get engaged immediately after the largest fight in their relationship, for whatever that's worth.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:30 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,378,490 times
Back in the day almost all of my co-workers warned a co-worker against marrying "fast Eddy". In Calgary a few years ago I met them through a cousin, celebrating their 30th. wedding anniversary. Just because a bunch of people have an opinion doesn't mean they're right and you're wrong. They're not the one sleeping with the guy, eh?

Old 11-17-2015, 07:33 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,772,785 times
I tend to agree with the people who think you may not be seeing things clearly.

It's one thing if one person seems bitter about you getting engaged... but if most of your friends feel that way, there is probably something that you are too blind to see. I would have very candid discussions with each of them and keep an open mind. Choosing who to to marry is arguably the biggest decision you will ever make.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:39 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,102,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Funny that my lack of experience (excuse me have we met?) represents the majority of opinions posting in this thread. Say, when was the last time you listened to a woman tell you what it's like to be a man and men's friendships? (Rhetorical question, as I know you have no women friends.) But please Dr. Phil...keep talking...you are proving my point for me.
A couple things... One, you don't represent the majority of opinions in this thread. Two, you don't even represent women as a whole. Three, you're not engaged and not married, so you've never dealt with the OP's situation, EVER. (Based on your ignorance displayed thus far, it'll probably stay that way.)

Please let me know when you actually have a point in this conversation, because so far, you're only showing that you know very little about relationships between men AND women.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:46 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,102,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Funny that he thinks I need to be married to have an opinion on this but he can have his opinion on how women think while he is not one. I feel sorry for whatever mail order bride he had to import.
Yes, funny how I've been engaged and now married and have many other couple friends who have been engaged and married to enable me to have an opinion about someone becoming engaged. Yet you think I need to be a woman to have an opinion on why a woman might feel a certain way about a friend getting engaged.

The hypocrisy is strong in this one.

Insults from bitter people such as yourself are simply a reflection of your lack of character. Get used to being alone, I don't see that changing for you.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:24 PM

155 posts, read 234,221 times
Who cares what they think, the sad reality of life is most friends will fade away with time. Enjoy the relationships while they last and keep moving forward.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:27 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,683 times
They just did you a favor: Now you don't have to deal with having them in your wedding party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships