Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 03:04 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,055,678 times

Advertisements

Monday, Monday....it has been a day of disappointments if not aggravations with friends.

First, my boss asked me if I would lend him a gun in view of what happened on Friday. A thing Mom taught me was not to be in the business of lending guns outside the family. That reason is a good enough answer.....and it saves me the unpleasant task of listing all the tactical reasons to this or that person. So I just simply told him "No".

So then he says something about "see you in heaven". My reply is that I'll fund him, say up to $1000, to get a gun, he can pay me back that money when he can afford it,........and he doesn't take the offer. I have made the offer before and I know why it isn't taken. With his view of the world, fed by Fox News, he doesn't want to be on "the government radar" by filling out all the paperwork...........which, of course, things like that work into the tactical reasons to say No.......if Mom hadn't told me to say No already.

Then another associate that I've known for years, met a time or two, seems perfect in that he isn't married, decently well off, I've made him the keystone of my stabilization-romantic philosophy (that, like what you've probably learned about me, is complicated), I'm all ready to get serious with him,

drops the bombshell that condoms don't apply to him........and in 5 minutes, it's over. He sort of responded with the linchpin ultimatum of that's the way I am, girl........but I have dropped plenty of men before for having such attitudes.

HOPEFULLY, there will not be a three. Instances like this, while aggravating, while disappointing, can be handled by eventually ironing them out.....I really don't need something else to test my patience.

Maybe these were 2 and 3 and number 1 was yesterday. I showed my finalized house plans to my belly dancing teacher yesterday. She had seen them before, the roughs, knew what I was leaning to. Yesterday, she said, "You know what would be good here?".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 06:54 AM

16,573 posts, read 10,683,199 times
1. What would you do if your boss took you up on your offer to pay for a gun?

2. I'm thinking that the bit about the would-be boyfriend should be in the Relationships Forum!

3. So, what would be good here?

Old 11-17-2015, 06:56 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,906,321 times
I don't understand, is this bad things come in 3s thing. None seemed that awful. And bad things don't come in 3s...

Old 11-17-2015, 07:25 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,661,440 times
What a weird post. Not sure if there's a point to it.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:37 AM

714 posts, read 749,355 times
Your boss is a moron.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
1. What would you do if your boss took you up on your offer to pay for a gun?

2. I'm thinking that the bit about the would-be boyfriend should be in the Relationships Forum!

3. So, what would be good here?
1. I would have financed the operation. He goes to find the piece he wants, gets a quote on the price, I would have given him a cashier's (or something like that) check for the amount, he goes buy the piece (AND FILLS OUT THE REQUIRED PAPERWORK!), he pays me back when he is able.

This method solves several issues. He gets the equipment he is asking for, I did not abandon him in his moment of need, and it stops these constant (but fortunately infrequent, think I only hear them every 3-5 years)requests for things like this.

2. The thought did occur to me, only since he rapidly turned himself into a ship that passed in the night, he rather cut himself off from being counted as one of my romantic relationships. Hence, he became a Non-Romantic Relationship. Besides, he fits in here in this thread. It was rather a double whammy Monday.

As a side point to him, after he did that to me, I was able to find on the Net another man I have talked to for a while years back for some reassurance. I mean, we aren't sharing wine on Saturdays, but he was kind enough to give me an ear, explain the potential why, and offer a suggestion or two.

3. I don't know, maybe "The more I learn about men, the more I love my cats"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I don't understand, is this bad things come in 3s thing. None seemed that awful. And bad things don't come in 3s...
I was always told that when it comes to deaths, famous people anyhow, they come in threes. Further, if one happens to be the late, might be bad for them.

As far as that awful, it depends on the point of view, doesn't it? As far as the boss went, unintentionally or not, he was laying a guilt trip on me that I have very few people that I can go to in order to be able to talk it out. He is my boss, he has done a lot of things for me, he has stood up for me, and in a way, I am his sounding board and confidant. I'm pretty sure it was unintentional, that he has no clue of what requests such as these do to me, but that still leaves me with finding a way to neutralize such a stress.

As far as the man goes, I thought he was the one (the one for what, I am not going to say). So much effort over so much time and to see it vaporize in seconds can take the wind out of a person. Now, as the listening ear I mentioned above noted, he probably thought he had me so hooked in that I wasn't going to back out....but he was wrong. On the good side of things, that could have been the bullet missed for if "he changed one side of the bargain", what other things might have been changed as well?

The house planes? That could just be the straw grasping, hoping that the downer was that.....and not something else further down the pike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
What a weird post. Not sure if there's a point to it.
I suppose that is why we call it fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtoWAtoUT View Post
Your boss is a moron.
I disagree for items I mentioned above.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 11-18-2015 at 12:44 AM..

Old 11-18-2015, 04:14 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,608,420 times
You'd be giving money to your boss? Without him signing a promissory note you'd be giving the money away. MEH, pay me back whenever. That's why Judge Judy has been on TV so long.

Your boyfriend is a moron. Good riddance.

Your dance teacher's comment didn't make sense. I don't know, what would be good there, a drive-through? Or, a big open dance space?

Old 11-18-2015, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
You'd be giving money to your boss? Without him signing a promissory note you'd be giving the money away. MEH, pay me back whenever. That's why Judge Judy has been on TV so long.
I can afford to be so generous though $1k is about the limit of such "loans".

Quote:
Your boyfriend is a moron...........
Thank you.

Quote:
Your dance teacher's comment didn't make sense........
She suggested a stain glass window on a sun side of the house but as I said, the plans had been finalized and the time has passed to make changes. AS IT IS, it has just come to realization that while such might be nice, it's not that nice to go to either the trouble or expense for. It sounded attractive when she suggested it a few days ago, but it's no longer as "compelling".

Old 11-18-2015, 10:13 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,044,045 times
Stupid men . I would have taken both - Bang and the Buck...LOL..

Old 11-19-2015, 02:52 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,403,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
... A thing Mom taught me was not to be in the business of lending guns outside the family.
A wise woman who listens to her Mom's good advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships