Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 981 times

Advertisements

Hello, Im 21 no kids, I really dislike when people try and tell me wat too do.....example my granny when i do somethin, she would yell.....and says sit down. Or do this or do that. Just because she get me things that. I woukd like, when she gwt mad for no reason she throw it in my face.....i got you this and that.......when i git this job I want to save up and move out....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 04:39 PM

13,982 posts, read 26,050,667 times
People may not think you can take care of yourself, because perhaps you are truly not capable of taking care of yourself.

Your spelling and grammar are atrocious. I try hard to ignore obvious typos, but in your case, they are so blatant, I wonder if you are actually capable of living on your own. Just keeping it real here OP, and that may be what your Granny is doing too.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:45 PM

22,753 posts, read 48,008,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1990 View Post
Hello, Im 21 no kids, I really dislike when people try and tell me wat too do.....example my granny when i do somethin, she would yell.....and says sit down. Or do this or do that. Just because she get me things that. I woukd like, when she gwt mad for no reason she throw it in my face.....i got you this and that.......when i git this job I want to save up and move out....
Then get a proper education, land a good job, and be out on your own.

IF you choose to accept things from her, you have to realize that those things come with strings attached.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:50 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,923,721 times
It might be that your grandmother and the others are trying to be helpful by giving advice. Sometimes other people who have more life experience feel that it is helpful to offer their advice in the hopes that it helps someone else out, or maybe they have been in the same situation you are and want to help you avoid mistakes. When I was in my teens, I really did not want to listen to what anyone had to say to me because I didn't really realize how little I actually knew. I guess I was in a hurry to just get out and experience everything.

I don't think that your grandmother is trying to give you a difficult time. It sounds like she cares about you and is trying to give advice. When she criticizes something that you do for her, I would simply just ask her what the problem is in a calm manner and fix it or before you do it, ask how she wants it done.

There are reasons that she might be upset which is causing her to yell at you. She may be unhappy about something or stressed out about money, work, relationships--one of them or all of them. Sit down and talk with her and see if you can find out what is bothering her and work out any differences with her. It will make your and her lives much easier until you can work towards moving out on your own.

Old 12-10-2015, 05:42 PM

3,428 posts, read 3,368,800 times
Kid, I'm 52 now and if my grandma were still alive, and she told me to sit down, I'd sit my narrow butt down!

Old 12-10-2015, 06:23 PM

997 posts, read 1,065,917 times
I wish all four of my grandparents were still alive. I wish my parents were still alive. I'd be happy to have even one minute with them again, even if they were ordering me around.

Work on your grammar, spelling and general education. Get a good job and support yourself. It's a liberating experience, which it seems, you want.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:50 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,850,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet3 View Post
I wish all four of my grandparents were still alive. I wish my parents were still alive. I'd be happy to have even one minute with them again, even if they were ordering me around.

Work on your grammar, spelling and general education. Get a good job and support yourself. It's a liberating experience, which it seems, you want.

Please do work on your grammar & spelling.

If you want no one to interfere in your life then pay your own bills & be independent. Sometimes elders of adult kids/grandkids want to feel important so they show authority. Its a balance of power. They raised you & they know that you don't need them anymore so they are having a difficult time letting go of the control. By telling you what to do they are convincing themselves that you still need them. Its kind of sad so usually I just let them tell me what to do but I end up doing what I want because I earn my own living. If I was relying on them for financial support then I would have to follow their orders.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:41 AM

311 posts, read 294,277 times
I'm 24, have a job, and live on my own.
Guess what? My mom still want to tell me what to do.
The point is, parents never stop telling you "what to do".

Old 12-11-2015, 12:19 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,096,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1990 View Post
I want to tell you too, what to do!

Learn how to spell correctly and get a job!

Old 12-11-2015, 01:22 PM

26,711 posts, read 41,899,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboi View Post
I'm 24, have a job, and live on my own.
Guess what? My mom still want to tell me what to do.
The point is, parents never stop telling you "what to do".
At least when you live on your own you have the choice of pressing ignore or end call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships