Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 04:12 PM

19 posts, read 17,873 times

Advertisements

I need to tell his controlling oldest sister to stay out of our marriage and do not know how to go about it my husband is disabled their mom passed in June 2014 she uses him she still wont s control over his money he is very quite babied and sheltered.

She does not appreciate me at all way I see it she has spoken on how her brother looks to my niece think she may of texted her we had been out grocery shopping she said to make sure he has clean clothes on arms do not smell etc etc my husband is teachable and can do yes it takes to deal with him but still,

This is what we are going through his account got overdrawn well she still wont s to say I did it when this happened she came with the paper I was writing what bills I had and what he had at the time I did not overdraw the account she had her homeless son downstairs in my husband s apartment then his homeless girlfriend comes along, how else did the lights water stay on.

I had my husband call her after Thanksgiving last year asking about our own checking account she had no problem with it well before the conversation is over am being accused of overdrawing the account boy I let her know how felt well 12/04/15 she takes to the bank where 305.00 dollars comes out his account each month she charges 80 dollars in gas to take us wherever.

I still take cabs to the grocery store I cannot stand her and do not wont to be near her she goes off in a way she insists on taking my daughter to the doctors when her case coordinator can she takes her and she has VA Premier sometimes my oldest niece takes us grocery shopping she met with her in August to discuss a budget I know she did not like it.

Last edited by shyshy; 01-07-2016 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: misspelled words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 04:15 PM

22,615 posts, read 47,734,076 times
I am sorry.
What exactly is the problem?

Is this the same issue as here?

Sister in Law is controlling our lives I have been told to get an attorney how do I go about this

Old 01-07-2016, 04:17 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,883,461 times
Just another vent. She's not coming back.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:19 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,291,702 times
It sounds like maybe the sister has power of attorney and takes care of the finances and the husband has not revoked the power of attorney for his sister. That is his choice and he should go to the attorney who did the original power of attorney and get it revoked. (IF this is the issue). He should also contact any and all financial institutions and creditors in writing than his sister no longer speaks for him. Again, IF this is the situation and if I have sort of understood the broken English.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:20 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,377,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyshy View Post
I need to tell his controlling oldest sister to stay out of our marriage and do not know how to go about it my husband is disabled their mom passed in June 2014 she uses him she still wont s control over his money he is very quite babied and sheltered.

She does not appreciate me at all way I see it she has spoken on how her brother looks to my niece think she may of texted her we had been out grocery shopping she said to make sure he has clean clothes on arms do not smell etc etc my husband is teachable and can do yes it takes to deal with him but still,

This is what we are going through his account got overdrawn well she still wont s to say I did it when this happened she came with the paper I was writing what bills I had and what he had at the time I did not overdraw the account she had her homeless son downstairs in my husband s apartment then his homeless girlfriend comes along, how else did the lights water stay on.

I had my husband call her after Thanksgiving last year asking about our own checking account she had no problem with it well before the conversation is over am being accused of overdrawing the account boy I let her know how felt well 12/04/15 she takes to the bank where 305.00 dollars comes out his account each month she charges 80 dollars in gas to take us wherever.

I still take cabs to the grocery store I cannot stand her and do not wont to be near her she goes off in a way she insists on taking my daughter to the doctors when her case coordinator can she takes her and she has VA
Premier sometimes my oldest niece takes us shopping I see us not being able to get ahead or anything with her controlling his money we need to move how its to the point I wont to maybe just give up our marriage but know my husband would have a fit.

We been married 17 months now
Just how disabled is your husband..IF mentally intact..his sister has NO SAY in how you and your husband conduct business..

Then of course your husband and his sister have financial connections each depending on the other..then I would suggest getting a lawyer to sever that relationship..because..you have enough on your plate!! You should not have to deal with her at this point..

Reminding you tho..by bringing in league eagles..may open up some unwanted things on the financial side..but, in the end it could create stability and stop harassment by this unwanted sister-in-law!!

Old 01-07-2016, 04:24 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,101,801 times
Help us understand this: Your husband is disabled and not able to take care of his own money. Okay. Usually, you as his wife would handle your and his joint account(s).

Was he disabled when you married him?

Is his sister his legal guardian?

Who actually writes checks and keeps track of his acount(s)?

Does his sister write checks on his account? As a signatory? Or did she steal from him?

We can help you with advice about standing up to a bossy family member, but you probably need to talk to the bank officer at his bank if checks are stolen, and make a police report.

You may need to consult with a local attorney who is familiar with disability cases and legal guardianships about the whole situation.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:43 PM

22,615 posts, read 47,734,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Just how disabled is your husband..IF mentally intact..his sister has NO SAY in how you and your husband conduct business..
Sister has power of attorney, so she DOES have a say.

Read the link I posted for more info.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:51 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,116,887 times
Why are you asking all of these questions and not coming back to answer people's questions for them to help? How do you expect to get help for your perceived problems when you won't provide more information?

Old 01-07-2016, 05:20 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,210,253 times
Everyone is wasting their time. 16 total posts - but has started 15 threads. She almost never comes back.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:37 AM

997 posts, read 1,062,218 times
Punctuation is a good thing. OP, you should learn it and use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships