Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 03:50 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times

Advertisements

I like this thread.

Today is the official first day of the year to wear shorts and sandals. I really like working for myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 04:24 PM

964 posts, read 994,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
Hello people, I have a question:

Is it rude to ask a friend to stay some nights at their home? Me and another friend are going to FL probably soon, and I am considering to ask her about this, but I am not sure if it is fine or rude... especially because I don't know how it is considered in the US.
It depends on how well you know her. Also, will your travelling companion need a place to stay, too? Does the FL friend know this companion of yours? Asking a friend if you could stay at her place a few days might be ok, if she has room. But inviting yourself AND a stranger (to her) would be over-the-top. It isn't done, unless you and the FL friend are best friends.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:05 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,996,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I like this thread.

Today is the official first day of the year to wear shorts and sandals. I really like working for myself.

It's already 90 here. And I don't work for myself but I get to wear shorts and sandals too.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:31 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,600,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
Hello people, I have a question:

Is it rude to ask a friend to stay some nights at their home? Me and another friend are going to FL probably soon, and I am considering to ask her about this, but I am not sure if it is fine or rude... especially because I don't know how it is considered in the US.
Yes, it is considered rude.

The exception would be if you have a previously extended invitation from your friend in the US to come and stay anytime you want - and for any length of time.

You might want to start a new thread if you want more replies.

Old 03-15-2016, 05:57 PM

62 posts, read 75,694 times
I asked my sister to knit or crochet me a couple scarves and hats. I had to buy her the wool which was fine but when I got the scarves I couldn't believe how long they were. The one was also so thick and wide it was really stiff and way too bulky as well as long. i ended up having a co-worker rip one of the scarves shorter and made a hat and a head band with the excess, The other scarf she completely ripped out and remade it much lighter and shorter. I love it and can actually wear it now. She made a head band with the excess from that one and I still have wool left over. My concern is if my sister finds out she might throw a fit. She's a bit touchy. I'm sure she will find out one day but the wool cost me a lot of money and I didn't want to ask her to re-do them as she does a lot of projects and i felt lucky she even agreed to do them in the first place. I am just happy I had a nice co-worker who was willing to help me out.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:00 PM

4,184 posts, read 3,397,876 times
Lucky! I just found some heavyweight wool in greens and blues marked waaay down, bought it to use for hats or scarves next year.

What color were yours?

Old 03-15-2016, 07:07 PM

62 posts, read 75,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Lucky! I just found some heavyweight wool in greens and blues marked waaay down, bought it to use for hats or scarves next year.

What color were yours?
I have a coat that is a dark purple and I wanted something matching. I found a really nice chunky wool with a variegated color of purples to black so it's a perfect match. The other wool was brown with a gold thread also chunky. i love a gold hi-light in things whether it's a thread or sparkles. It just gives a pop of glitz and the chunky wool makes it very soft. The brown is great with my black jacket.

Old 04-18-2016, 08:03 AM

7,004 posts, read 4,811,992 times
i've been out of work since December. Starting to get a bit bored with it now. My house is cleaner than ever, how many times a day can you vacuum? Lol. Guess I can clean and organize the garage.....

Old 04-18-2016, 08:14 AM

5,575 posts, read 6,500,449 times
To the poster with the "touchy" sister, as long as you don't have physical contact with her during times when you are expected to wear what she made for you (scarf), if she asks about it just say "thank you for making it" again and say it looks nice with your (insert color here) coat or jacket. If you do have physical contact with her when you are expected to wear the scarf, wear a different coat/jacket, then you can say (if asked) it doesn't go with this coat/jacket. Do not bring it up at all, she may never even ask about it again.

Your description of the material and that of the other poster you were conversing with sounds beautiful! ALMOST makes me wish I was back in Michigan's winter so I could wear these beautiful, warm items.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-18-2016 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: Deleted the quoted post and your response since the quoted post has been deleted

Old 04-18-2016, 01:46 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
i've been out of work since December. Starting to get a bit bored with it now. My house is cleaner than ever, how many times a day can you vacuum? Lol. Guess I can clean and organize the garage.....
One time I got bored and organized, swept and even mopped the attic floor.
Being bored would be a luxury for me, and by the looks of my house now I really need a whole week of boredom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships