Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 05:17 PM

101 posts, read 103,755 times

Advertisements

i will start with a few

seeing my mate fall off the bed laughing when we were 15 when we saw my mate on TV,

and also in the middle of primary school in Year 6 shouting every where we go people wanna know where we come from and later on the trip seeing my mate throw water over a teacher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 08:47 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Playing baseball, football with my childhood friend back in my old neighborhood as kids. We got into mischief also of course. We also had a Toxic Avenger movie marathon at his house with 10 other area kids and everyone was laughing at the films. Many pizzas were eaten. Great times. I have not seen him in years, He had a lot of personal trouble and I only get a text maybe once a year from him. Sad.

Family outings to the diner with my Aunt and uncle and their kids on Saturdays. Also the dinners at home. My Aunt and Grandmother drank enough coffee during their get together to make Godzilla jittery. Grandma and Aunt are long gone now, As is the diner.

Las Vegas Buffet outings with my other Aunt and Uncle. They too, Are gone now.

I cant live in the past, But it's tough thinking about how they are all gone and I keep the good memories close. I tell everyone not to squander time with friends and family-Once it's all gone it can't be regained.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:40 PM

7,044 posts, read 6,295,966 times
My brother and I were the youngest of 9. When all the other kids were in school, we would tease the goat until he chased us and we'd scream and run into the house. I'll bet he and I gave mom more trouble than all of the other seven.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:08 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,134,001 times
Wow, there are so many! I was an only child. Summer road trip to Yellowstone. I got the whole back of the massive station wagon all to myself. Decked out with a couple of lounger cushions, all of my crayons, paper, books. Dad traveled for work, gone for weeks at a time, so when he was home on a weekend, we'd go to some really nice adult restaurant for a fancy lunch. And when he was home in the summer, I remember swimming in the pool while he did yard work and listened to the Dodgers games. I really miss them.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:07 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Every year one set of my grandparents would rent a beach cottage in Rhode Island. For two weeks every summer, the same cottage year after year. I was able to bring one friend to hang with and I took full advantage of that opportunity.

It wasn't just swimming in the ocean and being beach bums either. There were fish to catch, all kinds of creepy cool crabs, and jellyfish too. Walking along the beach and poking a dead thing with a stick.....

There was a roller skating rink nearby along with the biggest arcade I've ever seen. Skee ball too......

Clam bakes and laughing at the older folks when they were drinking beer and getting tipsy.

Sleeping on a cot that was set up on the sun porch, listening to the newest rock 'n' roll on the radio.

Good times.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:47 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,262,140 times
I grew up in Sacramento, CA., and my twin brother and I, and all of our friends would spend hours in the 100+ degree summer days swimming in our pool and just having fun. Our mom would usually order pizza for all of us, and we always had music playing. I miss those days!

Old 03-15-2016, 01:42 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Back in the late 90s, all of my immediate family members lived in the same area in South FL and we all went to church on Sundays. After service, we gathered at my grandparents house and we would prepare dinner and everyone would just be having a good time talking and socializing together. There were cell phones and beepers but not like now. Everyone had to talk to each other. The weather was sunny and beautiful. It was a great time. I miss those days alot. Thanks for bringing up such wonderful memories.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:15 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
My happiest memories are not those associated with my parents who made themselves a difficult marriage, and being the only surviving child I was the exclusive recipient of the backwash of their anger and frustration. But I lived in a wonderful small town, and I loved the first neighborhood we lived in. We used to play in the old cemetery behind the street during the day, but as sundown came it turned into a scary place...and I dreaded taking the short cut to the neighborhood store through it in the dusk. Still have some old photos from my days on that street.

My mother's sister was a wonderful person, and a much needed counter-weight to my mother. We used to walk through the woods and fields together, and talk about school work and books.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:32 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
Road trips!

Old 03-20-2016, 10:03 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,463,657 times
Default summer vacations

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Road trips!
my favorite memories are summer vacations as a kid and going to the zoo, Marine world, State Fairs, picnics and boating trips, etc

lots of old memories of road trips to interesting places with the family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships