Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 09:47 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Oooooh now the truth comes out.
It wasn't like I just showed up and they had no idea I was going to be there. They knew well in advance I was coming. Now I will admit it probably was on me for not talking to them about sleeping arrangements and assuming it was taken care of, however, I still think assuming someone will sleep in their car is a bit unreasonable.

I did not just show up and catch them off guard. These were not strangers. In fact, I've known them almost 25 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 10:25 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
This reminds me a bit of the time when 3 of us went to visit a friend in another state a few years ago, and the friend didn't allow anyone to sleep on her couch. I was assigned a room, another was assigned a room, and the third had to sleep with our friend, which did NOT make her happy (it would have pissed me off, too). She wanted to sleep on the couch, and it got pretty ugly.

To me, couches are always an option when someone needs to crash. Ain't no way in HELL that I would consider making someone sleep in the same bed with me with a couch available. But.....

Old 04-05-2016, 06:46 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
It wasn't like I just showed up and they had no idea I was going to be there. They knew well in advance I was coming. Now I will admit it probably was on me for not talking to them about sleeping arrangements and assuming it was taken care of, however, I still think assuming someone will sleep in their car is a bit unreasonable.

I did not just show up and catch them off guard. These were not strangers. In fact, I've known them almost 25 years.

But they did not invite you. Whether or not they knew you were coming is moot.

I have friends I've known for years that are not invited to my home. If they show up on my doorstep they will be told to leave, and the person who invited them to come to my home is no longer welcome, either.

At any rate, they pretty much told you through their actions that you aren't welcome there, so at least now you know not to ever go there again, no matter who invites you.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:42 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I would make like a bakery truck and haul buns out of there.
(cracking up)

Old 04-05-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
But they did not invite you. Whether or not they knew you were coming is moot.

I have friends I've known for years that are not invited to my home. If they show up on my doorstep they will be told to leave, and the person who invited them to come to my home is no longer welcome, either.

At any rate, they pretty much told you through their actions that you aren't welcome there, so at least now you know not to ever go there again, no matter who invites you.
So are you still friends with these friends who are not welcome at your home? And as I've pointed out on a few posts I don't plan on going there again, so that is a moot point.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:11 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
I'm guessing you haven't gone on outings with them since then?
right...

and that as my intentions... sometimes deeds are louder than words

my gut feeling was not to go,,,but I went to be "considerate" and got the rabid dog treatment even tho I brought most of the food and drink

when appreciation goes to expectation... that's arrogance...when expectations goes to inconsideration,,,thats being a total jerk-off

Old 04-06-2016, 08:26 AM

8,270 posts, read 8,650,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
This reminds me a bit of the time when 3 of us went to visit a friend in another state a few years ago, and the friend didn't allow anyone to sleep on her couch. I was assigned a room, another was assigned a room, and the third had to sleep with our friend, which did NOT make her happy (it would have pissed me off, too). She wanted to sleep on the couch, and it got pretty ugly.

To me, couches are always an option when someone needs to crash. Ain't no way in HELL that I would consider making someone sleep in the same bed with me with a couch available. But.....
It is their home not yours. They make the rules. I would have sent you to a motel.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:01 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
So are you still friends with these friends who are not welcome at your home? And as I've pointed out on a few posts I don't plan on going there again, so that is a moot point.

No. There was a good reason they weren't welcome at my house (because they were lousy, sloppy drunks). That's not to say you are, I'm just saying there's not too many people I don't have at my home, so no point in remaining friends with someone I have no respect for.

And if someone treated me in the same manner as they did you, I wouldn't be friends with them anymore. Nobody got time for that mess

Old 04-06-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
No. There was a good reason they weren't welcome at my house (because they were lousy, sloppy drunks). That's not to say you are, I'm just saying there's not too many people I don't have at my home, so no point in remaining friends with someone I have no respect for.

And if someone treated me in the same manner as they did you, I wouldn't be friends with them anymore. Nobody got time for that mess
These ones were pretty drunk as well...

Old 04-06-2016, 11:00 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,663,923 times
Rude and bizarre. I'm surprised you stayed -- I would not have been such a good sport. Honestly, as hosts, they truly, truly suck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships