Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2017, 08:32 AM

16,427 posts, read 12,533,205 times

Advertisements

This thread is largely directed to the mods, as I would like to request some clarification.

There used to be a "sticky" topic at the top of the thread list which outright banned all discussion of social media. We couldn't even mention the "F word" without having it deleted.

(IMO, that was a rather heavy-handed application of the rule. Facebook is so pervasive these days that it's difficult to discuss some things without the ability to even mention the site)

Now, it appears that the sticky is gone. The topic of social media sites is still addressed in the forum rules.

Quote:
Do not make any threads complaining about Facebook friends, Instagram, Twitter or any other Social media sites. They quickly descend into complaints about the site. We really don't care who unfriended you on FB., or who said what about anyone else on any of the Social Media Sites.
However, I'm confused because a thread was recently closed that didn't appear to be complaining about Facebook, per se. The reason given for closing the thread was "The topic of social media is no longer permitted in this forum."

The rules make it sound as if social media is allowed as long as it's not complaining. But PJSinger says the topic is no longer permitted.

Could we get some clarity on this subject please?

Old 09-25-2017, 09:01 AM

268 posts, read 282,873 times
I never knew about that rule until I saw a thread deleted for social media(I didn't even really believe the topic was in relation to social media) social media just happened to be mentioned in the thread. The mod said no dscussion of social media was in the rules. I went to read the rules and didn't see anything about social media so I pmed a mod and they said discussions about social media can be closed.

But maybe you should post this on the Administration Zone.....About this forum section.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:08 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,001,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleNicole View Post
But maybe you should post this on the Administration Zone.....About this forum section.
Yep.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:18 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,523,795 times
It was my experience when FB and other SM were allowed that the NRR forum was overrun with these type of threads and posts. There was no real informative discussion, just complaints(that is what I mean by "complaints about FB")Complaints about being unfriended, not being invited to birthday parties, not many likes on your photos, etc.

CD is looking for informative, adult discussions and are not in competition with any of the SM sites.

Any thing else you may want to discuss about this is best done by DM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships