Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 04:26 PM

127 posts, read 146,413 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! Sorry for the last few days of not posting. Things seem to have gotten worse.

She shut off the internet (she does this during temper tantrums) again.

And now I think she's asked her dad and another guy to spy on me. I keep seeing them going back and forth along the side of the backyard where my window is. At the end of my side there is nothing but dead weeds and they don't bring anything to cut those down. They just walk once or twice there and back every now and then.

Latest upset is that she's packed the refigerator full of her food so I don't have any room at all when I need to go to the store.

Unfortunately all the places I was looking at don't seem to be have anything in my price range right now. Ugh. Still attempting trying to stay at my parents but so far no success.

Oh and for those wondering about her accusing me of ordering from "adult websites" and saying how they don't have addresses, I found the one and only USPS package I have ever received and guess what? IT HAS AN ADDRESS so her accusations there are totally false and I have proof they are false!

Plus I ordered it from Ebay and it wasn't even from an adult store lol. I don't get what her obsession was with that. Plus the package came in January or February and I didn't even remember that I had saved the envelope it came in. Good for me, right?

I noticed that today it looked like she was going somewhere and asked where she was going just to be polite since I was curious. She glared at me and snapped, "why?"

Beyond moving out immediately, which doesn't look like it's going to happen unless a miracle happens, it seems the only thing I can do is wait and if she physically attacks me, call the police and let them sort it out. Don't think it will go this far and I hope it doesn't on her end, but not much can be done until she actually touches me in an argument.

Also nearly forgot. I was going to do my laundry and as mentioned she doesn't like me touching hers to move it (PS: I know what an iron is, I just don't have one right now) and she looked at me and snapped, "are those my clothes?" Without even looking.

Yeah so that's the latest crazy update.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 04:30 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
I think part of the problem may stem from your terming her your roommate. You are not her "roommate." You are her "roomer." You have no say over what she does. It's not a relationship of equals.

I agree, you should move.

Old 04-30-2016, 04:35 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
True. She's your landlady, not your roommate, OP. It's too bad about the brain tumor surgery, but clearly she can't tolerate a renter at this point in time. At least you have your parents to fall back on, while you look for a place. Good luck.

Old 04-30-2016, 04:39 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,787,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryDriver123 View Post
Sooooo.... I'm not really sure where to begin this. Moved in late last year with a roommate. She owns the house I pay $500 a month in rent. We were getting along great until a few weeks ago, and I'm not even sure what started this all to be honest.

Anyway, the big picture. She's beginning to irritate me. Long showers/baths (2+ hours I mean seriously, who takes this long to bathe?) Loud TV 24/7. Don't have a problem with the TV until ten pm which is what we have agreed quiet hours to begin.

The problems have increased over the last two weeks. She has complained about a "smell" coming from my room. And she didn't complain about it before I left to spend the weekend at my parents' house. She complained of it the day after I got back. I didn't do any outdoor activities when I went to my parents' house.

I use deodorant shower and brush my teeth and do my laundry so I know it's not that. Is this her way of telling me she's irritated with me? She also got irritated with me when I shut my window (after opening it but closed it because of allergies) in an effort to help her with trying to get rid of supposed "smell." She won't even tell me what it smells like.

I could complain about the smell of her cooking things with spices at 9:30pm right before I go to bed but cho0se not to.

Last night I said something that she didn't like, for which I apologized just to keep things settled down. However, she holds grudges and got upset when I moved a dry blanket from the dryer which she said she would move last night and didn't (I have work today so I needed the dryer to get all the wrinkles out of my shirt)

I set the blanket on a place where I didn't think the dogs would mess around with it (she had other laundry here already) She get's irritated about that and calls me irresponsible for moving it and to not touch her things again she said she would move it after 15 minutes last night and never did. She also had stuff in the washer from last night and I did NOT move any of those. If I had moved the clothes from the wash, I would understand.

Based on what she expected of me, it sounded like she wanted me to wait about a half an hour before work to dry my clothes, which is ridiculous since I have a 25 minute drive to work.

At this point I'm considering moving out at the beginning of the month. A few apartments are opening up and work has picked up for me along with the possibility of a second job coming, so I could possibly afford a new place closer to where I work.

She also leaves the back door open at night and insects and mosquito eaters come into the house (drives me nuts) She won't budge on this.

Has she just decided she doesn't want me as a roommate anymore but can't tell me in those words directly?

Edit: Coming from someone who has spent a year with 2 guys in a dorm room who all got along.

Move out asap....The $%^&* is nuts....

Old 04-30-2016, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatswanlady View Post
Okay, but at this point - this is about SO MUCH MORE than the clothes dryer. The clothes dryer is the least of the problems now. .
Yes, but while he's planning his escape, it wouldn't hurt to minimize the points of conflict. Ironing his shirts is a really simple solution.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, but while he's planning his escape, it wouldn't hurt to minimize the points of conflict. Ironing his shirts is a really simple solution.
I understand. I might have one here but if I do, I haven't found it yet. Looked for it a little today.

Anyway, today she was spying on me.

All day she had the chance to go outside and do sprinklers (switch in the backyard is apparently located right outside my room in the backyard) But get this: she waits until I open my window to do so and walks as close as possible to it.

I mean, why wait all this time and then do it right after I opened my windows and blinds to go do this? Out of a 24 hour day, her waiting to do it right as I open my window seems strange. Plus, she never did this until we had our fight. Nor did her father or the other guy that comes over sometimes for the backyard.

She also gave me a look like I had grown a third eye for whatever reason when I walked into the kitchen.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryDriver123 View Post
I understand. I might have one here but if I do, I haven't found it yet. Looked for it a little today.

Anyway, today she was spying on me.

All day she had the chance to go outside and do sprinklers (switch in the backyard is apparently located right outside my room in the backyard) But get this: she waits until I open my window to do so and walks as close as possible to it.

I mean, why wait all this time and then do it right after I opened my windows and blinds to go do this? Out of a 24 hour day, her waiting to do it right as I open my window seems strange. Plus, she never did this until we had our fight. Nor did her father or the other guy that comes over sometimes for the backyard.

She also gave me a look like I had grown a third eye for whatever reason when I walked into the kitchen.
Too bad. Sounds like she's a bit bonkers from the surgery. When are you planning to make a break for it, and liberate yourself?

Old 05-01-2016, 11:07 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,964,014 times
If she's looked at your browsing history, she's probably reading this thread.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
If she's looked at your browsing history, she's probably reading this thread.
Phones come in handy

Old 05-02-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Too bad. Sounds like she's a bit bonkers from the surgery. When are you planning to make a break for it, and liberate yourself?
This week. There's a really good job offering up the hill from where I live. 6 days a week $10/hr with $12/hr after the first few weeks. Just need to work out the moving arrangements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships