Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 01:53 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Just please don't advise anyone how to spell that word.
Haha, I would never :P

Obtuse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You are a big part of the problem. For one thing, you are dishonest, lack integrity, and act in ways that are counterproductive to your company. You are now suffering some of the consequences of your actions.
Just so you know, because you clearly know how my company works.

1. She did not apply for a job at this company.
2. We all have the task to edit and correct any mistakes in the reports before sending them to publishing. However, she literally omits parts of the report. It's part of my job, so I can't go around complaining that she purposely omits things. I'm getting paid to edit her work and she's taking advantage of the fact that there is a second round of editing because no one ever complains. I'm not the only person who edits her work and no one reported her because they all put it down on "newbie incompetence".
3. I told my boss she didn't work on the transaction properly and my boss told me to re-do it from scratch. Actually, I offered to re-do it from scratch after I warned him she didn't see the documents. My boss is aware of everything.

My performance is by the way fine. My bosses are pleased with my work, so my behavior is anything but counterproductive. The bosses still track the work progress without telling us, because there's a way to monitor people's progress on their own work and their final draft, so I'm sure they're aware of her performance, hence the fact I'm getting assigned her reports to edit. Believe me, they know.

I won't throw her under the bus. It's not in the company culture. Now, before you start making assumptions, at least have the full set of information. You know nothing about my job or how the company works, so you can't go around calling me dishonest.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:07 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
You helped her to cheat to get the job. You gave her the answers to the interview questions. You did this even though you knew she was not going to be good at the job. Now you complain about her.

That was dishonest, shows lack of integrity, and definitely not very good for the company.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:41 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
You helped her to cheat to get the job. You gave her the answers to the interview questions. You did this even though you knew she was not going to be good at the job. Now you complain about her.

That was dishonest, shows lack of integrity, and definitely not very good for the company.
This is a ridiculous post. She was coaching the other person. An interview is not a test where someone slips you the answers. I mean, if she had listened in and texted the girl the responses, that would be one thing. But it wasn't.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:13 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I loaned a guy close to 10000 USD equivalent for his house payment. He hasnt paid it back completely in 4 years yet and He doesnt even invite me there as a courtesy...

But I always believe our good deeds will be eventually returned to us in time..
He's taking the P!!!!

You're a lot more understandable and forgiving than I am

Old 05-08-2016, 04:35 AM

Quote:

This makes no sense.

I helped her because I wanted to. I'm not complaining about her, I'm appalled at her lack of social graces, is all. She got the job, good for her.

I don't see how this is lack of integrity. You must have a very twisted vision of "integrity". If I had a serious lack of integrity, I wouldn't have helped at all when she kindly asked me to. I would have left her to sort it all out by herself.

Besides, you clearly used the term integrity with regards to my work and the company, not with regards to the fact that I helped her out for the interview, so you're simply twisting your response however to suits you to be "right. This is ridiculous.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
This is a ridiculous post. She was coaching the other person. An interview is not a test where someone slips you the answers. I mean, if she had listened in and texted the girl the responses, that would be one thing. But it wasn't.
It's not like I showed up at the interview myself. Besides, those are answers to questions you can find online and everywhere. I just saved her some time. Where do you think I learned to prepare for interviews? I certainly wasn't born with that kind of competencies. You read books, get proper coaching, inform yourself. After some time, you learn how to manoeuvre interviews properly because you know what to expect. Questions are generally more or less similar when behavioral. They didn't ask her technical questions, so I couldn't have helped her with that since I had no way of knowing what those would be. I only helped her with behavioral questions.

There are tons of responses online to potential interview questions. I did not leak the interview questions ahead of time since I know nothing about the company she applied for. I didn't even know its name. I just knew about the position and warned her about the potential questions that could be asked because those are recurring questions, regardless of the position. Those are typical interview questions which can be found online.

There's no lack of integrity here. I simply coached her a bit because it was her very first job interview. It's actually called being "human".

Old 05-08-2016, 07:28 AM

29 posts, read 24,166 times
I still can't figure out why the younger generation stopped being taught by their parents. (??) It is not an "international" problem, as when I go on young Asian kids' art sites, (especially Japanese) they are being taught to be so polite, curteous, and not swear,get angry,rude, or even talk back, its amazing. Obeying the rules with them starts very early.WHY AMERICANS stopped being taught curtesy, manners, & consideration I do not know. I hate to say this.But we've seen so much of this, we hate going to "family restaurants" because parents refuse to manage & control their own kids,and the kids are very noisy,misbehaved, and annoy you.

I really hate this, its a mistreatment of kids, as well as others, it does not help the children either. They grow, get out among the world, and can't handle people or life.---and then,they feel its all their fault,and often get blamed for being "bad kids."--and sometimes "bad adults." I cannot figure out, why, or how, it has all changed so much. What went wrong? How did it happen? thanks for any helpful comments. my friend's son is 21, and he was never taught---to sign his own name. (!!!!) He had no cursive English.

OK, its Oregon schools, that's no excuse. They once did teach cursive. HOW can you sign a check, with no cursive? We got it in 1rst or 2nd grade. What would interns do, take special"how to script, for doctors" classes? It is rediculous. It is one reason no one wants their kids in public schools any longer.(sorry for bad spelling, lack of practice. Sigh-- ok, I have no excuse either.)

(is there a web,or Windows dictionary?I am tired of my old bad spelling. thanks!!!)

Last edited by doo555; 05-08-2016 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: i left out detail

Old 05-09-2016, 10:07 AM

529 posts, read 508,211 times
Someone I use to work with had issues writing cover letters. Eventually she found out that I have a fair grasp of the English language if i actually try. She asked me if I would look over her cover letter. I did. In the end, I simply scrapped what she had written, and rewrote one from scratch. It didn't take me too long. In the end she got the job...it was her dream job...and apparently the cover letter was the sole reason (she told me), the interviewer decided to call her.

After it was all said in done she thanked me dearly. I felt pretty happy that I was able to help someone along in their life. Of course I am thoroughly annoyed that my own cover letters seem to make not a lick of difference, but then she actually had Experience in her field so I get it. Incidentally, I only played a small part, which I told her. It was she who went on to impress them or whatever in the interview, pass their test, and get hired. Still, even now, she still send me Linked in contacts or wtv it's called...I guess to try and help me...

It's pretty deplorable that the person you helped didn't even thank you. She sounds like the type to use and abuse...so on the bright side you maybe dodged forming a relationship with a leech. Also, what happened isn't limited to age...

Old 05-09-2016, 12:03 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
This makes no sense.

I helped her because I wanted to. I'm not complaining about her, I'm appalled at her lack of social graces, is all. She got the job, good for her.

I don't see how this is lack of integrity. You must have a very twisted vision of "integrity". If I had a serious lack of integrity, I wouldn't have helped at all when she kindly asked me to. I would have left her to sort it all out by herself.

Besides, you clearly used the term integrity with regards to my work and the company, not with regards to the fact that I helped her out for the interview, so you're simply twisting your response however to suits you to be "right. This is ridiculous.
Maybe I'm confused. Did you help her with the answers to get through an interview for a job that you know she is not qualified for?

If the answer to that is yes, then you lack integrity.

If that is not the not the case, then I am mistaken and I apologize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships