Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 02:30 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
April was a very busy month for me and I am sure for most people. There was a baby shower, graduation, baby birth/baptism type party, a close friends death, house warming party, 2 anniversary. I started the month with optimism & excited about all the things happening. But now I feel I have been running around celebrating everyone else's life that am I living my life or is this suppose to be life.
I'm not really sure what you're getting at. Sometimes life is quiet, sometimes it can be hectic. Was March like April? Do you have as many plans this month?

This is life. Celebrating the good and the bad, events that draw people together to share memories, milestones, reflect on a life passed or one beginning. If you didn't have all of this to do, what would your life consist of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 02:32 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
Well think of the alternative. If you never got invited to anything that would be much worse. Imagine not having any friends, or friends throwing these events and not including you. You can always throw a party of your own, even without a milestone like a birth or a new house. Throw a TGIF party or a summer solstice party at the end of next month. And realize that other people including you in their celebrations means you DO have a life.

Old 05-07-2016, 02:36 PM

52,262 posts, read 52,668,250 times
This sort of thing isn't typically a normal thing. Just get through it and then make some plans for yourself.

Old 05-07-2016, 02:40 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,506,680 times
I know how that feels, but sometimes these same people will be gathered around you, celebrating good things in your life, and won't that feel awesome?

Old 05-07-2016, 03:15 PM

102 posts, read 311,025 times
Maybe it was just coincidentally a very celebratory month. Is EVERY month like this for you? If so, then maybe you could refine your "friends list" so that you aren't stretching yourself too thin for people that you really only consider acquaintances.

If not, you should suck it up and be thankful that you have loved ones in your life who want you to be there for their happy moments/seasons. Count your blessings!

Old 05-07-2016, 03:52 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
I bet you had a better April than the friend that died.

Old 05-07-2016, 04:11 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
I was in the same boat years ago,,,,between all these gatherings.... its just not the keep giving of gifts and money ,,,its the time,,,every friggin weekend,,,their was something going on..

and while it is nice to be thought of to invite,,,i had to come up with a plan b

you can cut your invites in half,,,by blasting out political messages on facebook .... give it a shot,,it works..

Old 05-07-2016, 04:27 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,785,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
April was a very busy month for me and I am sure for most people. There was a baby shower, graduation, baby birth/baptism type party, a close friends death, house warming party, 2 anniversary. I started the month with optimism & excited about all the things happening. But now I feel I have been running around celebrating everyone else's life that am I living my life or is this suppose to be life.
You don't HAVE to go to every party...

Old 05-07-2016, 04:31 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,952,121 times
On Feb 25, I spent 12 hours in the ER, waiting for a bed in the main hospital. Fortunately, the ER staff began treatment to alleviate some of my symptoms.

I was admitted at 9:30AM and treatment continued for bronchial pneumonia and exacerbated COPD. After four days, my lungs began to clear and Transport showed up to transfer me to Telemetry because of atrial fibrillation. I spent the next eight days on a monitor, with personnel attempting to get my heart back to normal rhythm. With only 24 hours to go, it flipped to normal or I would have had to have cardioversion. (Electrical shock to the heart) During this time, I missed my little granddaughter's fifth birthday party. Fortunately, a dtr-in-law who has far too many things to do for her own family, shopped and wrapped a gift and card for the birthday girl from Grandma.

I was discharged and went home to sleep in my own bed. Son picked up a handful of prescription meds, bought me a TV for my bedroom, and ran to get groceries for me. The chicken that I had taken out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge had thawed 12 days ago and we got that out of the house. (Active gag)

I suffered an attack of bleeding. I didn't get too upset because they had been giving me heparin shots in the abdomen twice daily during my admission and I figured the bleeding had something to do with that. The next two days, it happened again - called my dr. and was told to stop one of the new meds and go directly to the ER. I was admitted for observation and more tests. Had a colonoscopy the following day and was sent home with orders to see my gastric surgeon. Somewhere in all this, I had to have blood work done - again. As if they hadn't all but drained me dry as an in-patient!

Since then, I have seen my cardiologist, my Primary Care, and the surgeon twice for
minor surgery. (Minor in the sense that there's no anaesthesia and I go home right away)

I sure would like to have a wedding or a shower or an anniversary party to go to. Just be happy that you aren't living MY life, sweetie.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:21 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
On Feb 25, I spent 12 hours in the ER, waiting for a bed in the main hospital. Fortunately, the ER staff began treatment to alleviate some of my symptoms.

I was admitted at 9:30AM and treatment continued for bronchial pneumonia and exacerbated COPD. After four days, my lungs began to clear and Transport showed up to transfer me to Telemetry because of atrial fibrillation. I spent the next eight days on a monitor, with personnel attempting to get my heart back to normal rhythm. With only 24 hours to go, it flipped to normal or I would have had to have cardioversion. (Electrical shock to the heart) During this time, I missed my little granddaughter's fifth birthday party. Fortunately, a dtr-in-law who has far too many things to do for her own family, shopped and wrapped a gift and card for the birthday girl from Grandma.

I was discharged and went home to sleep in my own bed. Son picked up a handful of prescription meds, bought me a TV for my bedroom, and ran to get groceries for me. The chicken that I had taken out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge had thawed 12 days ago and we got that out of the house. (Active gag)

I suffered an attack of bleeding. I didn't get too upset because they had been giving me heparin shots in the abdomen twice daily during my admission and I figured the bleeding had something to do with that. The next two days, it happened again - called my dr. and was told to stop one of the new meds and go directly to the ER. I was admitted for observation and more tests. Had a colonoscopy the following day and was sent home with orders to see my gastric surgeon. Somewhere in all this, I had to have blood work done - again. As if they hadn't all but drained me dry as an in-patient!

Since then, I have seen my cardiologist, my Primary Care, and the surgeon twice for
minor surgery. (Minor in the sense that there's no anaesthesia and I go home right away)

I sure would like to have a wedding or a shower or an anniversary party to go to. Just be happy that you aren't living MY life, sweetie.
THAT is putting things into perspective!

BTW, you evidently have an angel for a DIL. .....and your son also stepped up to the plate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships