Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 04:51 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times

Advertisements

I also know multiple couples who met at weddings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 05:45 PM

741 posts, read 478,729 times
I already declined. I doubt I'll be the person who meets my husband at a wedding, I didn't meet him in grad school like I expected or my post graduation job like I expected and or in the grocery store or on the million dating sites I'm on or any of that so I really doubt being miserable at a wedding where I'm either deliberately getting hammered or sitting alone not talking and around a bunch of couples will find my husband.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:49 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
I'm either deliberately getting hammered
That's what you're supposed to do when you show up solo. I've done it numerous times. Although I did go into full blackout mode at my best friend's wedding 7 years ago. Everybody told me I had had "too much" to drink. I told them I could handle much more than that and be fine the next day. I thought everything was fine until I saw the pictures and video. At some point my dress shirt, undershirt, necktie, and glossy dress shoes disappeared. I was dancing like a maniac on the dance floor. Good times!

Old 05-17-2016, 06:57 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
I already declined. I doubt I'll be the person who meets my husband at a wedding, I didn't meet him in grad school like I expected or my post graduation job like I expected and or in the grocery store or on the million dating sites I'm on or any of that so I really doubt being miserable at a wedding where I'm either deliberately getting hammered or sitting alone not talking and around a bunch of couples will find my husband.
I thought you sounded familiar. You're the poster who is jealous of a classmate who is pregnant.

You go around comparing yourself to others and always on the "hunt" for a man, you will never find one that way. You could have gone to the wedding and had a nice time. Who knows? You could have met someone, or maybe someone there if you could show yourself to be fun(not walking around with a puss on) someone might even say "I think my brother and you would hit it off".

I bet you walk into a room at a party and say "well I won't meet anyone", because you put that out there. And you prove yourself right.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:59 PM

741 posts, read 478,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I thought you sounded familiar. You're the poster who is jealous of a classmate who is pregnant.

You go around comparing yourself to others and always on the "hunt" for a man, you will never find one that way. You could have gone to the wedding and had a nice time. Who knows? You could have met someone, or maybe someone there if you could show yourself to be fun(not walking around with a puss on) someone might even say "I think my brother and you would hit it off".

I bet you walk into a room at a party and say "well I won't meet anyone", because you put that out there. And you prove yourself right.
At the bar I always try but idk I feel like maybe I'm not pretty anymore idk or I need to go out with people less pretty. And yes I'm literally unhappy most of the time and jealous of everyone.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:19 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
At the bar I always try but idk I feel like maybe I'm not pretty anymore idk or I need to go out with people less pretty. And yes I'm literally unhappy most of the time and jealous of everyone.
Wow! What a catch! Just what a guy wants - a girl who usually drinks too much, is unhappy all the time and is jealous of everyone else.

Sofia Vergara couldn't get a date with that attitude.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:20 PM

993 posts, read 766,974 times
Quote:
I've just read through several of your threads. I'm curious.....how self-conscious are you because of the CP? Do you feel that having a date with you at the wedding is a sort of protection from judgment from others? Is that why you so often drink to the point of inebriation?

Life isn't fair Gab and I feel for you. But from where I'm sitting, I think you have much to be grateful for. Your intellect for one. You have friends and family. Yet you're only able to focus on what you don't have. You've never been married or been a mother. How are you so certain that's what you want? This obsession of yours saddens me. You're blind to the wonderful things in your life.

You have much to offer others. If you took all the energy you expend on finding men and focused it on helping others, you could move mountains. I really believe that

I suspect if you married and became a mother, there would always be something else out there you had to have to be happy. Practice being grateful for who you are and what you have. When you're able to feel content with life as it is, the rest will fall into place. You are wasting your precious life with these obsessive yearnings.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:39 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
I've just read through several of your threads. I'm curious.....how self-conscious are you because of the CP? Do you feel that having a date with you at the wedding is a sort of protection from judgment from others? Is that why you so often drink to the point of inebriation?

Life isn't fair Gab and I feel for you. But from where I'm sitting, I think you have much to be grateful for. Your intellect for one. You have friends and family. Yet you're only able to focus on what you don't have. You've never been married or been a mother. How are you so certain that's what you want? This obsession of yours saddens me. You're blind to the wonderful things in your life.

You have much to offer others. If you took all the energy you expend on finding men and focused it on helping others, you could move mountains. I really believe that

I suspect if you married and became a mother, there would always be something else out there you had to have to be happy. Practice being grateful for who you are and what you have. When you're able to feel content with life as it is, the rest will fall into place. You are wasting your precious life with these obsessive yearnings.
^ Ding! That's the key - always yearning.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:40 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
That shows. It probably is a large part of the reason you're alone. Are you still in therapy?

Old 05-17-2016, 07:48 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
No, but you may meet someone if you are having fun at a wedding, not getting hammered and by talking to everyone. I also know people who met their future spouses at weddings OR impressed other people by their friendliness so that they were introduced to their friend who ended up marrying them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships