Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 12:19 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
So my friend who lives in Arizona is coming to join in on a trip to San Diego. I live in Los Angeles so it will be a drive down for me but he has to fly in which will cost him a few hundred bucks I think. He thinks I should pick up the entire tab for the hotel since he has the expense of flying. I think we should just share the cost of the hotel 50/50 since the fact that he is flying is not exactly my issue. He thinks that is not how friends operate.

Is he being reasonable?
I haven't read the whole thread, but most seem to be against the friend. If I were in the OP's situation, I would offer to pay half of all the expenses, in total, it would take for us to get together. Why wouldn't that be fair? Just because someone lives farther away, they should be punished for making this trip you planned together? They're even making more of an effort. If I were the one flying in, I wouldn't ask my friend/host to pay anything, but it sure would be nice if they offered to and we wanted to work together to bring down/even out the costs. Anyway...

EDIT: I see where the trip turned out very badly, and supposedly the friend is, let's say, high maintenance. I answered assuming you were truly "friends." lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 03:38 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
guy was an ass... due to the holiday weekend the parking was jacked up to thrice but he still insisted I pay the whole thing, I refused and finally he relented and said he will pay half. He still made me pick up the tab for the cabs, never offered to pay for gas (250 miles that I drove around with my car), made me pay more for dinners that we had (I paid for dinners and he paid for the breakfasts which cost half of the dinners) not that I care to keep a tab but I expect people to offer - that is showing respect.

In my defense I made sure to tell him that he is the cheapest guy I have come across and having the audacity to say I am cheap, when he is the one that is the cheapskate here is ridiculous. I got my message across anyway...but the guy has no shame. Never ever going with this guy again.

In addition, we shared a room and he snored the whole time and it was so loud I could not even sleep..terrible.
I wonder if you will ever learn to pick other people who don't treat you poorly.

It seems like, so far, you pick people who don't treat you very well and then complain about how they treat you.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:27 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times
Quote:
guy was an ass... due to the holiday weekend the parking was jacked up to thrice but he still insisted I pay the whole thing, I refused and finally he relented and said he will pay half. He still made me pick up the tab for the cabs, never offered to pay for gas (250 miles that I drove around with my car), made me pay more for dinners that we had (I paid for dinners and he paid for the breakfasts which cost half of the dinners) not that I care to keep a tab but I expect people to offer - that is showing respect.

In my defense I made sure to tell him that he is the cheapest guy I have come across and having the audacity to say I am cheap, when he is the one that is the cheapskate here is ridiculous. I got my message across anyway...but the guy has no shame. Never ever going with this guy again.

In addition, we shared a room and he snored the whole time and it was so loud I could not even sleep..terrible.
I doubt anyone who has read this is one bit surprised at the outcome .

The guy is not your friend.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:07 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
I doubt anyone who has read this is one bit surprised at the outcome .

The guy is not your friend.
Especially those of us who had also read his threads about the emotionally abusive and manipulative girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships