Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 10:34 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,725 times

Advertisements

chick file doesnt serve Halal..SO dont go there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 09:39 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,627,973 times
Two parents from India about 5 years ago bring two girls barely adults to the US and leave them here. They go back to India leaving the girls on their own and then are surprised to learn their daughters are meeting American men while living in America. Is this a troll post?

Old 05-29-2016, 01:41 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Give yourselves a good ten years and you will best buddies--- swapping recipes, parenting advice, etc., etc. For now, just grin and bear it.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:53 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
First of all, I don't think people should casually throw around the term "evil." She's not evil.

Second, although you complain that she treats you terribly, most of the things you mention aren't directed at you.

Third, you don't mention your age, nor hers, but presumably you grew up together for a decade or two, so some of this shouldn't be news to you. She probably didn't suddenly become messy; more likely she's been like that for a long time. In the same way, after living together for a decade or two, you should have figured out how to deal with her asking you questions if you don't want to answer.

From an American point of view, you are an adult, and you are free to decide to move out, either to live by yourself if you can afford it, or with a roommate. And go see a dermatologist.

Of course, if she's been living somewhere else with her boyfriend for the last four months, it sounds as if your problem is solved.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:11 PM

6 posts, read 5,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
First of all, I don't think people should casually throw around the term "evil." She's not evil.

Second, although you complain that she treats you terribly, most of the things you mention aren't directed at you.

Third, you don't mention your age, nor hers, but presumably you grew up together for a decade or two, so some of this shouldn't be news to you. She probably didn't suddenly become messy; more likely she's been like that for a long time. In the same way, after living together for a decade or two, you should have figured out how to deal with her asking you questions if you don't want to answer.

From an American point of view, you are an adult, and you are free to decide to move out, either to live by yourself if you can afford it, or with a roommate. And go see a dermatologist.

Of course, if she's been living somewhere else with her boyfriend for the last four months, it sounds as if your problem is solved.
What do you mean? She questions ME about why I eat a salad at Chick-fil-A or why I want to go running? Those are directed at ME. And she's messy in OUR apartment.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:21 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shehatesme View Post
My 29 year old sister and I are two Indian Muslim immigrants living in the U.S. all by ourselves since our parents went back to India 5 years ago. We live together in a small apartment and I have had the most miserable time living with her. My sister is narcissistic and selfish and treats me terribly.
She is an extreme slob and throws her clothes all over our apartment. Our laundry room is a mess because of her clothes, our kitchen is a mess because she does not clean up after herself. Dishes pile up in the sick and get moldy and I am sick and tired and grossed out by this so even though I give her 2 weeks to get to her dishes in the sink, I finally wind up washing the dishes because she never gets to them.

I also am the sole person doing the cleaning of the apartment. My sister and I decided upon cleaning the apartment once a week, alternating weeks but she never does her part. In retaliation, I don't do mine and months go by until our apartment is unlivable due to dirt and I wind up cleaning everything. I'm sick and tired of asking her to do her part but she never does!
She is also so judgemental! I have horrible acne on my cheeks and I feel so insecure about it. When I complain about how my skin sucks, she tells me to get over it because its temporary and acne will go away and I'm being superficial about caring to get rid of my acne. She also always constantly questions my decisions. If we go to Chick Fil A, and I order a salad she will be like, "why are are you getting a salad?"

If I go running, she will be like "why are you going running?"

WHY do i have to explain myself to her? Why does she expect me to?

Also, my sister is so nosy and SUCH a snoop! When I was at work, she would log into my Facebook and stalk my profile and my friends. She also found out that I have a crush on a boy at work by reading through my messages. Instead of confronting me about it, she kept hinting stuff at me to let me know that she knows about the boy! UGh mind games!

She is also a hypocrite. When my parents left, she started dressing in revealing clothes, joined an online dating site and started drinking. She would go out, wear low cut dresses and goe on multiple online dates. She, however, disapproved when she sensed I wanted to do that too. So, I decided to not tell her and go out with my friends. However, because she is a snoop, she read my FB messages and found out and is being cold to me about it! She also called and told my mom I was out clubbing and my mom called me angry and upset! I have always kept her secrets and supported her decisions to go do whatever she wants but she instead wants to police me and my activities and go tell mom!

Also for the past 3 years she has been in a secret relationship with this white christian guy. She always goes over to his house to sleep there and my parents don't know anything about him. I have kept her secret and supported her relationship and been there for her. I am super nice to her BF and spend a lot of time with them.

But 11 months ago, I also met a white christian boy and I fell in love. He is perfect and I love him! I did not tell my sister about him until I was ready a few months into it and she BLEW UP AT ME. She yelled at me and said she was so disappointed in me for having a white christian boyfriend too and how our parents will be so heartbroken knowing BOTH their daughters ended up like this. She said I was gross and disgusting and how she wants nothing to do with me. She stormed out of our apartment and lives with her BF for 4 months now.

I am furious with her and so heart broken at how she has treated me. This January, I spent 5 days in my BF's house and she FLIPPED out and CALLED my mom and told her about my boyfriend!! My mom has since been calling me and telling me how disappointed she is with my choices and how I am doomed and going to hell.

My sister is a traitor. She acts like she is the angel and I am the rebellious one and has ruined my reputation. How dare she tell my mom about MY relationship without MY consent??

I am so done with her and want her out of my life.

tl;dr: My 29 year old Muslim sister is so evil. Should I cut her out?
Seems like you solved the problem.

Yes, cut her out and tell her you guys can hang out again once she becomes nicer. Which might be never.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:28 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,603 times
Siblings always fight, that's natural. They tell on eachother. Typically there is one sibling that tells more than the other. That is normal life, not evil. Your sister is messy, well that can be solved by moving or hiring a help if you can financially afford it. Everything else between you 2 seem to be ok except she told your parents about your secret boyfriend. In that case why don't you tell your parents about her bf.

You are even then. Maybe your parents need to move back to USA

Old 06-02-2016, 12:42 PM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shehatesme View Post
What do you mean? She questions ME about why I eat a salad at Chick-fil-A or why I want to go running? Those are directed at ME. And she's messy in OUR apartment.
So move out already.

And the previous poster is correct... nothing she is doing is "evil".

You both sound like pampered, spoiled teens... hard to believe you are both in your mid/late 20s.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:44 PM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Two parents from India about 5 years ago bring two girls barely adults to the US and leave them here. They go back to India leaving the girls on their own and then are surprised to learn their daughters are meeting American men while living in America. Is this a troll post?
I guess we can see why they left their daughters behind!

Old 06-02-2016, 01:29 PM

6 posts, read 5,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
So move out already.

And the previous poster is correct... nothing she is doing is "evil".

You both sound like pampered, spoiled teens... hard to believe you are both in your mid/late 20s.
Why are we pampered or spoiled?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships