Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 12:56 AM

7,042 posts, read 6,292,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am confused - what does bending have to do with organizing paperwork?
You hired your sister to clean and now complain she is a neat freak?

Why not have her clean your floors since you can't bend and do the organizing yourself (no stranger would know off hand how to organize somebody else's paperwork) or is all of that stuff on the floor?

I don't get it.
Because with the mops & devices I bought to help with cleaning floors, that is something I can do. The visa card was on the stand I put my breadmaker on. No, there was no reason for her to even attempt to organize it, but in her mind a receipt meant garbage.

I actually 'hired' her to help me organize my cabinets & living space. Being unable to bend is really challenging. When trying to find the correct pot/pan for cooking, I have my most frequent in the cabinet on top of the stove. There is limited room. Other pots/pans have to go into a lower cabinet & I have trouble with that. I can reach the desired object if there is something I can hold onto to pull myself up.

I am hoping we can work out a system to organize my cookware/bakeware so I can use them. Otherwise I am either going to have to move to a more 'cabinet friendly' apartment or quit cooking some of the things I love to cook.

And, yes, it's a new dilemma since the car accident. I used to be able to bend. After the back operation, I can no longer bend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 06:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
I would go back to the pro too. It's too difficult to treat family members like employees.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am confused - what does bending have to do with organizing paperwork?
You hired your sister to clean and now complain she is a neat freak?

Why not have her clean your floors since you can't bend and do the organizing yourself (no stranger would know off hand how to organize somebody else's paperwork) or is all of that stuff on the floor?

I don't get it.
I have allowed papers to pile up because it is hard to file them. I found the card, which I had put in one of the safe places we all have.

She was very good this week. Organized & very helpful. Yeah, I'll keep her.

In the next few weeks I need her help in organizing my son's memorial. There's the 3 fold poster, deciding what pictures to use. Deciding what food to serve, (a lot of family is coming), helping me decide what readings to do; how to say goodbye to my son without breaking down.

There's just a lot I need her help with right now. I am so sorry I ever complained; she has become my strength.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:33 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,555,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I have allowed papers to pile up because it is hard to file them. I found the card, which I had put in one of the safe places we all have.

In the next few weeks I need her help in organizing my son's memorial. There's the 3 fold poster, deciding what pictures to use. Deciding what food to serve, (a lot of family is coming), helping me decide what readings to do; how to say goodbye to my son without breaking down.

There's just a lot I need her help with right now. I am so sorry I ever complained; she has become my strength.
Have you thought of one of those scanners that will save all your receipts in a digital file? Could that help you?
And as for the pots and pans, can you get one of the overhead pot racks? My wife loves it, and keeps all of her favorite pots and pans right there, within easy reach.

I hope you feel better soon, and that you and your sister are able to work things out. She does sound like she loves you very much, and you the same. As other posters mentioned, it is hard to treat one's blood as an employee.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
Have you thought of one of those scanners that will save all your receipts in a digital file? Could that help you?
And as for the pots and pans, can you get one of the overhead pot racks? My wife loves it, and keeps all of her favorite pots and pans right there, within easy reach.

I hope you feel better soon, and that you and your sister are able to work things out. She does sound like she loves you very much, and you the same. As other posters mentioned, it is hard to treat one's blood as an employee.
The scanner idea is a good one. Unfortunately, my apartment building doesn't allow a lot of holes in the walls/ceiling.

As for getting better, my car and back were destroyed when a woman ran a red light. After a back operation, this is the best I'll ever be. But, it's amazing I wasn't killed so I am grateful for that.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:30 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I would go back to the pro too. It's too difficult to treat family members like employees.
I agree. it's too close for comfort, Not worth the potential conflict. Life is short and if you can maintain good relationships with family your in good company. Go back to the pro, Or find another at a less price.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:47 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:

I am glad you found your peace with her.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:26 AM

510 posts, read 500,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
Have your in-laws actually snooped and rummaged through your stuff in the past or are you just projecting?
My in-laws have occasionally stopped in from time-to-time. Usually it is for something benign, like the were there waiting for furniture delivery or the cleaning ladies (and neither one of us could be at home that day for whatever reason). One day my M-I-L decided to "help" organizing some things, so I came home to our open mail nicely arranged

Granted there was nothing embarrassing in those particular letters, but occasionally we will get some sensitive mail which, as you can imagine, you don't want other people seeing (if you're not paying my student loans, you don't need to see the balance). Needless-to-say I asked her to stop "assisting" my organization of mail, dishes, whatever. I just said, I prefer to arrange things so I know where they are.

Fortunately we recently installed a Nest thermometer and pet-cam so I can get notification of any movements within the house (non-dog related) and that has seemed to stop any "opps, I need to go over to your house and check something" moments from happening again.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:00 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
I have to put all my papers - good ones, bad ones, etc.. all in one basket, that way its not out in the open and wont get lost amongst my stuff. So what you need is a basket to hold everything, you can get them at Target or some store, its really a great idea. tell your sister or house cleaner not to touch whats in the basket.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:21 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
The scanner idea is a good one. Unfortunately, my apartment building doesn't allow a lot of holes in the walls/ceiling.

As for getting better, my car and back were destroyed when a woman ran a red light. After a back operation, this is the best I'll ever be. But, it's amazing I wasn't killed so I am grateful for that.
There aren't any holes. You plug it into your computer and an outlet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships