Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 07:55 AM

576 posts, read 827,123 times

Advertisements

So 2 weeks ago , I was telling 2 of my co-workera that I have to go for my road test soon but I haven't mastered Parell Parking. One of the guys said he can teach me and knows a very easy way to do it. Him and I joke around allot and he seems like a nice guy.I said sure ,we set the date and he gave me his number to text him.

We met on the day and we practiced for about 15 min but it was during rash hour ...so we decided to set it for another day.Then 2 days later , I learned a much easier way to parell park from yutube video.I even nailed it when I went to practice on my own.I texted him and told him that we don't have to meet up anymore and told him because I now know how to parell park.He said cool...everytime I see him at work, he always ask me how the parell practice is going. He suggested thatvhe would like to see me parell park but I just brushed it off.Then yesterday he messaged me and ask me how my practice is going. I said good and we exchanged messages about the road test and stuff.Then he mentioned again that he wants to see me parell park.I said ok, he even offered to drop by because he was in my area, according to him.I told him that I was busy but I will see the next day when I get home from work..and I will text him and see if he's available. Well I wasn't really up to it and I didnt want to follow through to meet him so he cab see me parell park I never tex texted him.Does this count as flaking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 08:07 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,295,672 times
LOL...I think he is interested in you personally. You have just performed what is called "ghosting" (not contacting him as promised) according to a thread on this forum....which is a new term to me as I'm an old fart.

But, while it might be rude to not follow through with a contact after you've said you would. He is being a bit rude and pushy imo which puts him in the category of "a tree needs to fall on me" before he takes the hint that you are trying to avoid him socially.

You're fine, maybe he will finely quit pestering you. Good luck on your test.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:08 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,253,749 times
I think he's interested in more than parallel parking. If you aren't, don't lead him on. If you are interested, suggest an outing other than driving practice.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:25 AM

997 posts, read 942,236 times
I agree, but you work with him, so you can't avoid him. You didn't text him when you said you would but you should say that you don't need to show him because it isn't necessary. Act like you don't suspect that he has another motive.

He has another motive, and that is kind of disturbing because he is being pushy and he weaseled in by offering to do you a favor. He wants a favor. That is what is going on.

The best thing to do is to play dumb and say thank you for his help and say that you don't need to show him because you will show the driving people when you take the test. Say you were busy and forgot to text him. You work with him and you need to stay on good terms and keep things professional.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:21 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,790,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
I agree, but you work with him, so you can't avoid him. You didn't text him when you said you would but you should say that you don't need to show him because it isn't necessary. Act like you don't suspect that he has another motive.

He has another motive, and that is kind of disturbing because he is being pushy and he weaseled in by offering to do you a favor. He wants a favor. That is what is going on.

The best thing to do is to play dumb and say thank you for his help and say that you don't need to show him because you will show the driving people when you take the test. Say you were busy and forgot to text him. You work with him and you need to stay on good terms and keep things professional.
This is the best advice, above. ^^^^^

Old 08-08-2016, 02:50 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,288,266 times
Go get your license. If he contacts you again, tell him you passed and thank him for being willing to help you out.

Do not respond to more of his contacts unless you are interested in him, because I definitely think he is interested in you.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:40 PM

102,302 posts, read 108,445,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
Potentially disturbing, yes. OP, you kind of fell into his plan when you said he could watch you practice parking at home after work. That way, he would know where you live. Not a good idea, without knowing him better. It's probably a good thing it fell through, unless you think you might be interested in him.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:55 PM

48,610 posts, read 35,078,116 times
So person went out of their way to help you when you were in need.................. and that's how you treated them?

What do you think?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-08-2016, 10:57 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,528,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So person went out of their way to help you when you were in need.................. and that's how you treated them?

What do you think?
I I think it's funny that she thought this guy ever cared about her parallel parking when all he wanted was to pull into her garage.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:00 PM

48,610 posts, read 35,078,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I I think it's funny that she thought this guy ever cared about her parallel parking when all he wanted was to pull into her garage.

Yeah, but to me that actually makes it worse.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships