Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 04:01 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianrocker View Post
I already said he has a low EQ he has an emotional threshold of a cup or even smaller. Yesterday, he was so mad at our grocery total, a whopping $180. One of his rant was 'When i give up, I give up'. His solution was withdraw $500 and gamble and if he lost, he will withdraw all his money so he can't pay mortgage and bills anymore. He honestly is a mess. I told him your way of thinking is nuts.

And when he worries about money like that. My line always is - how many freaking times I have to tell you it is only money you have a freaking job you can earn it back?!

See, there are also times he is frustrated and I have to shush him you know how you comfort a child and always tell him to relax. And he relax. He is lucky I can understand his tantrums.

I honestly don't know how I tolerate him when he does this behavior but that is only my example on how you handle conflicts like that. If you meet someone's anger with anger it will really end up with physical altercation.

I know he will never harm me physically because I won't let him. Meaning I will WALK away when I sense it is going in that direction. Because I have a freaking COMMON SENSE.

He maybe a deadbeat, lowlife to many of you. But like I said I am not stupid. He treats me right and he supports me in everything and I really don't care what you guys think of him.

You can't blame only one person if the other person is antagonistic from the beginning. And when someone has an emotional threshold of a cup that has a thinking of 'When i give up, I give up'. And you still don't get it then get off my thread. LOOOOOOOOOL.
Sounds like both you of your need professional help asap. His ex wife left him for a reason and if you'd read between your own lines, you just might see why.

He's a hot mess and you're as naive as hell.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:52 AM

169 posts, read 115,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Sounds like both you of your need professional help asap. His ex wife left him for a reason and if you'd read between your own lines, you just might see why.

Pffft. Can you say the same for the ex whom her 2nd husband of more than a decade left HER. I think I am done making threads. I can't with some people making a lot of ASSumptions.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:03 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,154 times
Quote:
Pffft. Can you say the same for the ex whom her 2nd husband of more than a decade left HER. I think I am done making threads. I can't with some people making a lot of ASSumptions.
I really don't see anyone making assumptions - all I see is you adding more and more bits and pieces to a story, and the more "details" you give out, the nuttier all of you come across! If you really ARE over 40, isn't it time you grew up?

Old 02-06-2017, 01:27 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
Well, this is fun.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:34 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
I already said he has a low EQ he has an emotional threshold of a cup or even smaller. Yesterday, he was so mad at our grocery total, a whopping $180. One of his rant was 'When i give up, I give up'. His solution was withdraw $500 and gamble and if he lost, he will withdraw all his money so he can't pay mortgage and bills anymore. He honestly is a mess. I told him your way of thinking is nuts.

And when he worries about money like that. My line always is - how many freaking times I have to tell you it is only money you have a freaking job you can earn it back?!

See, there are also times he is frustrated and I have to shush him you know how you comfort a child and always tell him to relax. And he relax. He is lucky I can understand his tantrums.

I honestly don't know how I tolerate him when he does this behavior but that is only my example on how you handle conflicts like that. If you meet someone's anger with anger it will really end up with physical altercation.

I know he will never harm me physically because I won't let him. Meaning I will WALK away when I sense it is going in that direction. Because I have a freaking COMMON SENSE.

He maybe a deadbeat, lowlife to many of you. But like I said I am not stupid. He treats me right and he supports me in everything and I really don't care what you guys think of him.

You can't blame only one person if the other person is antagonistic from the beginning. And when someone has an emotional threshold of a cup that has a thinking of 'When i give up, I give up'. And you still don't get it then get off my thread. LOOOOOOOOOL.

Honestly, between this thread and your other posts, I have yet to see anything positive about your husband. And might I add, his ex is always brought up and made to sound like a monster. Based on this comment and another one you made in another thread, it does not appear to me that his ex has acted irrationally. Best thing for that boy was to sever any connection to your husband, who is basically the sperm donor and not a father and I wouldn't consider the boy as "his son" when he had no involvement in his life. Yeah, yeah, the ex was <insert excuse here>. Not sure why you'd even consider contacting the boy. Personally, I'm not sure, actually, no, I'm confident that I wouldn't still be married to him unless I needed to be out of convenience.

You've made your decision. You're not contacting the boy or telling your husband. Not sure why this thread is still open since your dilemma has been resolved.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:59 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,664,872 times
Quote:
Thanks. Yeah. It is kind of sad though. I also feel this is the real reason why he decided not to have kids anymore. And again I blame the ex wife for this coz well I got affected by this big time.

I agree it might be terrible. And yeah if he really wants to, he will do it himself. But he gave up on his son. Unfortunately.

Yeah he actually does not want to talk about it. Not even the divorce. That's why I did a Sherlock Holmes on it, myself. .
The first thing that comes to mind is . . . are you sure the child is actually his? And perhaps, if not, that was the reason for the divorce?

And if it WAS his and he gave up on his own child -- that doesn't really sound like someone who is interested in being a good father, so why would you push it?

Old 02-06-2017, 10:32 PM

3,252 posts, read 2,337,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post

She's been told the same thing by so many of us, but she'll never believe us.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:33 PM

3,252 posts, read 2,337,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy2u View Post
i really don't see anyone making assumptions - all i see is you adding more and more bits and pieces to a story, and the more "details" you give out, the nuttier all of you come across! If you really are over 40, isn't it time you grew up?
bingo!

Old 02-06-2017, 10:54 PM

169 posts, read 115,407 times
I think this thread needs to be closed so many useless babbles from strangers that make ASSumptions. I would like to answer you, dblackga, but I am over with this non sense.

Thread /done.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:55 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Double Bingo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships