Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 01:31 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,571,405 times

Advertisements

Keep up with your personal hygiene. Shower regularly. If you don't shower daily, at least wash your face and clean your ears and neck. Brush your teeth and floss. Wash your clothes. Shave (if you're a man). Wear deodorant. Keep your hair trimmed. Clean and trim your nails and toenails. Dress so others don't think you're a slob. Don't wear stinky, worn out shoes.

Seriously, though, I haven't learned to be an adult yet, and I'm well into my adult years. Adulting is hard work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 06:39 AM

745 posts, read 479,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip33 View Post
If someone is standing in line and leaves 8 or 10 feet ahead of them, it annoys me.
That is different than being on the road in traffic, and while I agree with you about leaving space in a line, I do not consider that a lack of adulthood.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:52 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip33 View Post
If someone is standing in line and leaves 8 or 10 feet ahead of them, it annoys me.
And it annoys me when I'm standing in line and someone is right.on.my.azz.

Personal space people.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:58 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,830,289 times
Don't let yourself get pulled into petty drama of friends or co workers. Don't answer a question with a question. If a direct answer will do just give it. Above all quit the partial sentence expletives to get someone to question you for attention that is so over used in person or social media.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:21 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,671,809 times
When going out to dinner with friends always have enough to pay for yourself or don't go. I cannot believe the amount of times I've seen people expecting others to pay for them. These people are so embarrassing.

Always be early or on time. If you are late and keeping someone waiting the first thing should be an apology for keeping them waiting. Don't go in to a big story as to why you're late people waiting don't care to hear it. But an apology is appropriate that you took up their time keeping them waiting.

If you're taking a trip be prepared have everything you need and organized in your carry on tote. If you need to make a list - triple check it.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:01 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,791,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
#11. Stop telling people what to do and insulting them with made up lists.

12. Be respectful of people who aren't rigid and still very much in touch with their inner child. You might actually witness us having fun once in awhile.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:14 AM

2,145 posts, read 3,060,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Sorry, I disagree with this one. I always leave space in front of my car when in traffic. I need to allow room to stop if the car in front of me slams on their brakes. I also need to have room to react if someone rear-ends me, so that I don't hit the car in front of me.
Word. Daughter was just involved in a multi-car accident because people were all on top of each other.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:33 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,696,380 times
Most of the list is resolved by simple personal awareness. Okay, so maybe it's not so simple.

I know the world is filled with distractions, but, believe it or not, the distractions can wait. What is in front of you likely cannot or should not.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:37 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote
Here's my #11: Listen before speaking. And listen with the intent of understanding, not with the intent of finding an opening.

In truth it's a pretty good list. I'm amazed at the number of people who simply lack awareness of how they treat others or how they present themselves to the world.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-10-2017 at 04:14 PM..

Old 02-06-2017, 07:03 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,671,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Ah. I see someone who could benefit from it already.

Here's my #11: Listen before speaking. And listen with the intent of understanding, not with the intent of finding an opening.

In truth it's a pretty good list. I'm amazed at the number of people who simply lack awareness of how they treat others or how they present themselves to the world.
Great Post !

This shows great insight to listen with the intent of understanding. Someone must be connected and in the moment to be able to do so.

I'm constantly shocked too by the lack of awareness of others, I don't think they even realize or have insight how they present themselves to the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships