Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 06:08 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times

Advertisements

let me know where and when,,,and ill be there

simple,,,leave it at that ... put the ball in her hands...and if she wants to run with it she can
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 06:19 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo775 View Post
We haven't hung out in almost 2 years. She would text me and post how much she missed me and we really have to make plans to get together so I'll ask her several times and she will make an excuse...all different things like I'll say we might go to a pizza place for dinner if you guys want to join and she will say something like we are having pizza next week....I'll invite her over and she says she'd love to but has to grocery shop...so I stopped reaching out...a few weeks ago she started up again posting how much she misses me and wants to get together so 3 times I asked her and she made an excuse....for instant I asked her to go to dinner with us and she said she went out to dinner last night....I noticed she had dinner right in my neighborhood. I've noticed that several times she is near and me never contacts me....only to say she "misses us" or "we need to get together in the next few weeks". I don't get it.
She doesn't really want to hang out with you, but she likes the attention and power she gets from playing you. I had a cousin who used to do this to me.
Don't ever make plans with her again.
My cousin would say to me in a tone suggesting he wants to hang out "My wife's going to her moms and I don't have anything to do this weekend ..." which would prompt me to ask "Wanna go Downtown or something Saturday night?" just so he could reply 'naaaah.' Got me a few times over the course of a year with that until I stopped biting.
Then (when we'd already have plans) he'd call me out of the blue when he and his wife were on their way out and invite us ... Weird. Just make a plan already. It's hard to be friends with people who play games.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-15-2017 at 05:45 PM..

Old 02-11-2017, 06:23 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
I'm sorry to say this but she does not care about you.

What she "says" and what she "does" are two different things.

She is not your friend. She may have been at one time, but she is putting zero effort into this friendship. In all the time you have known her, has she always been flighty? Has she always blown you off or is this more recently? She is either too busy, caught up in her own world or does not give a dam* about you.

Whenever she says, "Oh yes. Let's get together." Say, "Okay" and then remain silent. Let her make the next step. Don't say "Oh GOOD, when?" She is just saying things for the sake of saying things. Meaning: She is one of those who makes promises to meet for lunch or events and then blows you off.

NOT a friend, sorry.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:31 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,664,872 times
So, it's been two years since you've seen this person? <edit> Stop responding to the "We need to get together, I MISS you!" b.s. and be friends with people who actually reach out to you and enjoy being with you.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-15-2017 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: deleted FB comment see sticky post

Old 02-11-2017, 06:37 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
let me know where and when,,,and ill be there

simple,,,leave it at that ... put the ball in her hands...and if she wants to run with it she can
This, just say when your ready to do something let me know and then change the subject.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:51 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
Quote:
We haven't hung out in almost 2 years. She would text me and post how much she missed me and we really have to make plans to get together so I'll ask her several times and she will make an excuse...all different things like I'll say we might go to a pizza place for dinner if you guys want to join and she will say something like we are having pizza next week....I'll invite her over and she says she'd love to but has to grocery shop...so I stopped reaching out...a few weeks ago she started up again posting on FB how much she misses me and wants to get together so 3 times I asked her and she made an excuse....for instant I asked her to go to dinner with us and she said she went out to dinner last night....I noticed on FB she had dinner right in my neighborhood. I've noticed that several times she is near and me never contacts me....only to say she "misses us" or "we need to get together in the next few weeks". I don't get it.
It's her fantasy life.

I'd give you advice except I never go on that site anyway. I hate poseurs. Be genuine or be gone.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:43 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,753,744 times
I have an exact same person in my life like this.. same age, same gender. Wonder if its the same person!

Old 02-11-2017, 10:40 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
She doesn't really want to hang out with you, but she likes the attention and power she gets from playing you. I had a cousin who used to do this to me.
Don't ever make plans with her again.
My cousin would say to me in a tone suggesting he wants to hang out "My wife's going to her moms and I don't have anything to do this weekend ..." which would prompt me to ask "Wanna go Downtown or something Saturday night?" just so he could reply 'naaaah.' Got me a few times over the course of a year with that until I stopped biting.
Then (when we'd already have plans) he'd call me out of the blue when he and his wife were on their way out and invite us ... Weird. Just make a plan already. It's hard to be friends with people who play games.
Yes, it certainly is and a terrible waste of energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
So, it's been two years since you've seen this person? Put her in the category of a FB friend, and stop responding to the "We need to get together, I MISS you!" b.s. and be friends with people who actually reach out to you and enjoy being with you.
No, put her in the category of "we were never really friends and go no contact". Why continue with this nonsense?

Old 02-12-2017, 03:56 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,009 times
Quote:
We haven't hung out in almost 2 years. She would text me and post how much she missed me and we really have to make plans to get together so I'll ask her several times and she will make an excuse...all different things like I'll say we might go to a pizza place for dinner if you guys want to join and she will say something like we are having pizza next week....I'll invite her over and she says she'd love to but has to grocery shop...so I stopped reaching out...a few weeks ago she started up again posting on FB how much she misses me and wants to get together so 3 times I asked her and she made an excuse....for instant I asked her to go to dinner with us and she said she went out to dinner last night....I noticed on FB she had dinner right in my neighborhood. I've noticed that several times she is near and me never contacts me....only to say she "misses us" or "we need to get together in the next few weeks". I don't get it.
I've been through this. Walk away. Clearly, she is not your "friend," so why keep subjecting yourself to this?

Old 02-12-2017, 05:01 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,781,844 times
Send her a private message, saying, "I haven't seen you in years. You repeatedly turn down invitations, never invite me, and yet keep posting how much you "miss" me. Best of luck to you in the future.

Then unfriend her, and move on with your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships