Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 03:06 PM

305 posts, read 330,950 times

Advertisements

We haven't hung out in almost 2 years. She would text me and post how much she missed me and we really have to make plans to get together so I'll ask her several times and she will make an excuse...all different things like I'll say we might go to a pizza place for dinner if you guys want to join and she will say something like we are having pizza next week....I'll invite her over and she says she'd love to but has to grocery shop...so I stopped reaching out...a few weeks ago she started up again posting how much she misses me and wants to get together so 3 times I asked her and she made an excuse....for instant I asked her to go to dinner with us and she said she went out to dinner last night....I noticed she had dinner right in my neighborhood. I've noticed that several times she is near and me never contacts me....only to say she "misses us" or "we need to get together in the next few weeks". I don't get it.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-15-2017 at 05:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 03:22 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Those are weird excuses that make no sense.

Moderator cut: delete

It seems she's making a show for everyone, of how much she misses you, but why? Why the charade? You can go ahead and take the wind out of her sails, by making a public post on her page.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-15-2017 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: No FB posts.

Old 02-11-2017, 04:08 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,937,291 times
I know someone who does this...I don't refer to her as a friend, though. I have no idea why she reaches out to me and then blows me off. Ultimately, I don't care. I run into her quite frequently and don't want things to be weird so I just repeat her words back to her.

For example, she just text me about a new restaurant and how we should go and she misses me. I text beck, not immediately, but eventually, and say, yeah, we should go. I miss you, too! And it's done. i think she thinks we're friends, but I sure don't.

Old 02-11-2017, 04:21 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
That doesn't make any sense. It reminds me of people who over-shop, then go return it all the next day. I used to see that when I worked retail. It's like they want to make a show of spending, or in your case, making plans/having friends, but they don't want the substance. Weird.

Old 02-11-2017, 04:47 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,256,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo775 View Post
We haven't hung out in almost 2 years. She would text me and post how much she missed me and we really have to make plans to get together so I'll ask her several times and she will make an excuse...all different things like I'll say we might go to a pizza place for dinner if you guys want to join and she will say something like we are having pizza next week....I'll invite her over and she says she'd love to but has to grocery shop...so I stopped reaching out...a few weeks ago she started up again posting how much she misses me and wants to get together so 3 times I asked her and she made an excuse....for instant I asked her to go to dinner with us and she said she went out to dinner last night....I noticedshe had dinner right in my neighborhood. I've noticed that several times she is near and me never contacts me....only to say she "misses us" or "we need to get together in the next few weeks". I don't get it.
She's an acquaintance who likes to give herself credit for reaching out, even though she never follows through on the offers. I'd leave her in your past and focus on your true friends.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-15-2017 at 05:42 PM..

Old 02-11-2017, 04:52 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
[quote=jojo775;47161406]We haven't hung out in almost 2 years. She would text me and post how much she missed me and we really have to make plans to get together so I'll ask her several times and she will make an excuse...all different things like I'll say we might go to a pizza place for dinner if you guys want to join and she will say something like we are having pizza next week....I'll invite her over and she says she'd love to but has to grocery shop...so I stopped reaching out...a few weeks ago she started up again posting how much she misses me and wants to get together so 3 times I asked her and she made an excuse....for instant I asked her to go to dinner with us and she said she went out to dinner last night....I noticed she had dinner right in my neighborhood. I've noticed that several times she is near and me never contacts me....only to say she "misses us" or "we need to get together in the next few weeks". I don't get it.[/QUOTE<iframe width="781" height="439" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bo2Q5OYorSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How old are you? I don't get the texting and the posts, clearly you live near each other. Although I think it's pretty clear she really doesn't want to bothered, and isn't really a friend.

But how about picking up the phone(you can actually make calls on them) and talk to her live. You can tell by the voice(something you can't tell in a text by her tone and if she hesitates if she really had any interest or not in socializing. That would have solved this much sooner.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-15-2017 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: deleted the FB comments..See sticky post

Old 02-11-2017, 05:11 PM

305 posts, read 330,950 times
I'm 42. She is 38.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:18 PM

683 posts, read 1,884,764 times
You mentioned "us". Is the other person your spouse? Maybe she only wants to see you. Have you tried making plans one on one to see if that works better?

Old 02-11-2017, 05:54 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo775 View Post
We haven't hung out in almost 2 years. She would text me and post how much she missed me and we really have to make plans to get together so I'll ask her several times and she will make an excuse...all different things like I'll say we might go to a pizza place for dinner if you guys want to join and she will say something like we are having pizza next week....I'll invite her over and she says she'd love to but has to grocery shop...so I stopped reaching out...a few weeks ago she started up again posting how much she misses me and wants to get together so 3 times I asked her and she made an excuse....for instant I asked her to go to dinner with us and she said she went out to dinner last night....I noticed she had dinner right in my neighborhood. I've noticed that several times she is near and me never contacts me....only to say she "misses us" or "we need to get together in the next few weeks". I don't get it.
I have family members who do that. I stopped making an effort because of it.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-15-2017 at 05:44 PM..

Old 02-11-2017, 06:02 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
She's an acquaintance who likes to give herself credit for reaching out, even though she never follows through on the offers. I'd leave her in your past and focus on your true friends.
in a nutshell^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships