Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 04:46 PM

12 posts, read 6,222 times

Advertisements

Hahaha I thought women were great at just "talking things out"?? It's a well known fact women talk/communicate more than men.

Old 03-02-2017, 04:35 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
"Well, women typically are far more honest and open about things, no secrets, cover ups etc."

I LOL'd at this one!
yes, but men stick their heads in the sand and try to ignore what is really going on around them....just to keep peace and peace at all cost is no peace at all.

Old 03-02-2017, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trgfd View Post
Hahaha I thought women were great at just "talking things out"?? It's a well known fact women talk/communicate more than men.
they do, but if you cross some of these women, they will make you pay for the rest of your days....

There are some really great women out there....believe me, just as there are great men, however, my problem with it is...I'm a loner to begin with...then adding to the mix, several really bad experiences with some women, have definately taught me to tread the waters cautiously and there is nothing wrong with that.
And that goes for all people....we're just not all mentally compatible.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:00 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,254,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, but men stick their heads in the sand and try to ignore what is really going on around them....just to keep peace and peace at all cost is no peace at all.
really? i have actually experienced the opposite - men would rather just talk it out right away and squash the issue ASAP. whereas i find women will stew about the issue forever while being passive aggressive towards whoever is bothering them. i find women are far less confrontational than men.

but of course everyone's experience is different. it's just interesting to hear different points of view.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
really? i have actually experienced the opposite - men would rather just talk it out right away and squash the issue ASAP. whereas i find women will stew about the issue forever while being passive aggressive towards whoever is bothering them. i find women are far less confrontational than men.

but of course everyone's experience is different. it's just interesting to hear different points of view.
well, I'm talking men with their wives....not all, but a lot of them....

but yes, your right out in the work place, etc....men would rather discuss it and then drop it forever.

women kick the horse until its dead and then keeps on kickin it....including myself....lol

Old 03-02-2017, 11:57 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
The only problem with men as friends (if you're a woman) is that, once your man friends gets himself a woman, that woman will get rid of you post haste because...women!

Old 03-02-2017, 12:06 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,254,712 times
Quote:
well, I'm talking men with their wives....not all, but a lot of them....

but yes, your right out in the work place, etc....men would rather discuss it and then drop it forever.

women kick the horse until its dead and then keeps on kickin it....including myself....lol
oh haha i didn't read back enough posts. yeah i find my boyfriend doesn't like talking about issues with me. and i on the other hand want to address them. weird !

Old 03-02-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
oh haha i didn't read back enough posts. yeah i find my boyfriend doesn't like talking about issues with me. and i on the other hand want to address them. weird !
yupper, they just shut down, stick their heads in the sand....why I don't know?

But my male friends, no problem.

maybe husbands are afraid what they say will come back to haunt them?

Old 03-02-2017, 12:17 PM

3 posts, read 1,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
I apologize if this is not the right forum to say this, but it is something that I and I am sure many others have noticed. Namely women that say "I don't really have a lot of girlfriends because I don't get along with other women" "I am not like other girls (as if other girls are somehow "bad")" "I have lots more guy friends than girlfriends" etc. etc. ad nauseum.

It's really sad. For one most do it just to look "cool" for guys, then internalize it and blow off other women even though they could be great friends! It's fine to have guys as friends, but as a general rule it works better if the friends women have are more women than men, to me if I meet a woman that says any of the above or has more guy friends I don't trust her.

Not to get political, but we live in an age where women more than ever should be helping and supporting each other, we should always support other women and come together in sisterhood. Yet it's really sad how so many feel it's a kind of badge of honor to say "I'm not like other girls/women". Anyone else feel the same?
I think there's a difference between women who actively avoid female friendships and think they're better than other girls and then girl who just don't have as many friends.

For example, Some women prefer having a LOT of different gal pals, whether it be individual friendships or circles of women. But more introverted and shy girls really prefer having a few quality girls they can count on and call best friends- basically quality not quantity. I think both of these are perfectly fine but it's important not to confuse girls that fall on the continuum of extroversion and introversion with girls who are just selfish/narcissistic and want all the attention on themselves.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:30 AM

676 posts, read 528,329 times
Quote:
No, actually, I don't.

I responded to this:

you disagreed with her, yes, and that's fine, but why not talk instead of shooting her down with insults and say "Lets hear some intelligent reasons, rather than trolling.

No one is trolling and no one is less intelligent than you....or less of a person for their beliefs....

and how was this post of yours addressing the subject at hand?

It seems we can easily agree to disagree, but I won't take part in this back and forth banter of mean-ness.
And the 'meow' response?

You won't take part in it?

Less than me?

I'm not sure why you have decided to target me here, but if that is how you want to contribute to this thread, then have at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships