Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 08:06 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessy29 View Post
I think there's a difference between women who actively avoid female friendships and think they're better than other girls and then girl who just don't have as many friends.

For example, Some women prefer having a LOT of different gal pals, whether it be individual friendships or circles of women. But more introverted and shy girls really prefer having a few quality girls they can count on and call best friends- basically quality not quantity. I think both of these are perfectly fine but it's important not to confuse girls that fall on the continuum of extroversion and introversion with girls who are just selfish/narcissistic and want all the attention on themselves.
BOOM!

Over the years I have learned that quality is quantity. And I mean that. Yes, when I was younger definately had a lot of friends....but only a few, that were close.

I had befriended an older couple years ago...and this topic came up. He said, that they're real true friends, they could count on on hand, and all the rest were simply acquaintances. He was right.

I've been extremely fortunate throughout my life, in meeting those one in a million friends. Two of them have passed away...and I miss them dearly.

My one friend who passed away, also touched base on this subject. Years after I left my husband, it was extremely noticeable, how some couples dropped me as their friend. While others continued to include me.

My girlfriend worked in a 55+ community as an activities director, she said, yupper, it was extremely noticible, how when one's husband passed away, the group of couples that they hung with now ignored her. But if a wife passed away, the women were all over the widower with food, and invites for dinner.
It's so true.

Now, another reason why I don't like to hang out so much with all women, is the fact that I hate shopping, any kind of shopping, with a passion. Hate soap operas, and gossip. I find myself gravitating towards women who are versatile in their hobbies and likes....who are knowledgeable, and kind hearted souls. I don't care for organized religion, but if they do and as long as they don't preach to me, I don't care. But I'm very picky about my friends now a days and all done with the drama. And I will protect my territory if need be. Won't hold anything back.

I've had several girlfriends who was so clingy and invaded my space, smothering and annoying, so I cut them out of my life.

I live a different lifestyle than most...so our schedules don't always match up....but, I make time for those who are devoted and real true friends, as they do for me. I always think that God has placed them in my life to learn so much for them, b/c they have been phenomenal human beings. People magnets.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:27 PM

153 posts, read 114,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
Really???....this is the most absurd comment I've read on the internet today.

I agree with what Maciesmom said. Just because you are generalizing women in a positive manner, doesn't necessarily make you the better person over those that generalize women negatively.
Just stating what is observable. Women aren't, for example, the ones robbing banks, making heists, etc. One good thing about having more women as business execs, CEOs, CFOS, etc. etc. is white collar crime would drop fast.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:01 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
Just stating what is observable. Women aren't, for example, the ones robbing banks, making heists, etc. One good thing about having more women as business execs, CEOs, CFOS, etc. etc. is white collar crime would drop fast.
I thought we agreed -- a few (dozen) pages back -- that women's aggression is "passive" traditionally, probably due to their relatively lesser physical strength. You can "kill" with a word or a look and by spreading rumors and ruining reputations and relationships by manipulation and subtrefuge, just as surely as men traditionally do with a knife or a gun, and -- not to generalize -- but that's traditionally how women inflict violence.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:24 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times
zzzzz

Old 03-13-2017, 08:06 AM

676 posts, read 528,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
zzzzz
Wake Up! You're missing all the good stuff.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I thought we agreed -- a few (dozen) pages back -- that women's aggression is "passive" traditionally, probably due to their relatively lesser physical strength. You can "kill" with a word or a look and by spreading rumors and ruining reputations and relationships by manipulation and subtrefuge, just as surely as men traditionally do with a knife or a gun, and -- not to generalize -- but that's traditionally how women inflict violence.
My sister worked for a woman, who was an executive and ruined peoples lives for years, until they finally caught up with her and left her go.

I'm certain, no matter what bad karma is inflicted on someone else, comes back to them eventually....

Old 03-16-2017, 07:54 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
I kind of wander if being an extrovert vs. an introvert plays into all this. For some, it's a need to be surrounded by LOTS of friends, and anyone and everyone is welcome into their orbit. The more, the better. And they are no more shallow, or vain, or whatever, than anyone else. It's the way they are wired.

And then you have introverts, who are quite happy and content to have a handful of friends, and can happily look forward to staying home with a good book on a Saturday night.

It doesn't mean either of them are stuck up. It doesn't mean either of them likes or dislikes anyone else, (in and of itself.)

Old 03-16-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I kind of wander if being an extrovert vs. an introvert plays into all this. For some, it's a need to be surrounded by LOTS of friends, and anyone and everyone is welcome into their orbit. The more, the better. And they are no more shallow, or vain, or whatever, than anyone else. It's the way they are wired.

And then you have introverts, who are quite happy and content to have a handful of friends, and can happily look forward to staying home with a good book on a Saturday night.

It doesn't mean either of them are stuck up. It doesn't mean either of them likes or dislikes anyone else, (in and of itself.)
I think you are right, but also, there are probably other reasons, like incompatibility. I love people, but enjoy and need my privet time, and cannot handle someone who is smothering.
Also hate talking on the phone a lot...

Old 03-16-2017, 10:43 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
I am a man, age 30 (will be 31 very soon) and I haven't notice this at all. I don't know many women who don't have many female friends. And I know alot of women. Even some tomboys I knew growing up had female friends around them. Now, I've seen alot of situations where I see one female walking around in the store or some coffee place with two or three males. And it's almost like an entourage. I've known one female who didn't like to hang around other females much.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I am a man, age 30 (will be 31 very soon) and I haven't notice this at all. I don't know many women who don't have many female friends. And I know alot of women. Even some tomboys I knew growing up had female friends around them. Now, I've seen alot of situations where I see one female walking around in the store or some coffee place with two or three males. And it's almost like an entourage. I've known one female who didn't like to hang around other females much.
well, now you know more, from CD....lol

I'm older, and as you grow older, you grow less tollarent and willing to put up with much and you start thinning the herd so to speak.

It didn't happen all at once, for me, it is a culmination of years, and just letting go of some of those who we didn't have much in common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships