Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2017, 02:32 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,018,330 times

Advertisements

..It's been almost 1.5 years but if anyone remembers my wild 96 at the time year old neighbor that insisted on my parking space...she has now left the building permanently.

The 1977 Cutlass Supreme station wagon has now been removed from the coveted covered space and is getting ready to be towed..

They raised all of our rent here $300 -$500 so shortly after she passed her daughter packed her things and said goodbye but left her mom's bunny shaped planter. She loved rabbits and her daughter eventually would come over and get my teenagers "Goth Bun"-he has black fur like my musician daughter's hair- to spend the day with the mom.
I doubt she knew it came from our apt...but maybe she did .The daughter ended up being a really nice lady, but the mom never did forgive me for not being able to give her my only covered spot .My car would have been trashed in this nonstop rain and I need it for work.

I hope she is resting peacefully somewhere and yes I got your bunny shaped planter right as the maintenance men were fixing to toss it. It's safe on my porch......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 08:48 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
I remember that thread! Is the station wagon in good shape? If so, I hope they're not taking it to a junkyard. 1977....I'd like to see that car!

Old 04-11-2017, 09:35 PM

I don't know yet but I do know its in the area they use to haul them off..I LOVED that year and the car model myself (my first car was a ruby red 77 Monte Carlo)..its an ugly color-army green- but other than that its not too bad and I can get a pic of it. They still drove it even though she used it as her storage room.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:59 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
Hopefully someone can get ahold of it who will restore it.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:51 AM

Up here people do not appreciate those kinds of things sadly.
Bunches cant drive a 5 speed either..we were joking around here on another thread in my city's section that a manual transmission was THE best theft deterrent device for those of us of a certain age ,learned to drive on a farm or were from the south lmao. It's true. Both mine are manual and I've never been broken into in Seattle- a miracle.
I bought a running/daily driver 1981 TransAm (Camaro girl here but felt terribly sorry for it) for $1000 just because they thought it was ugly and they were ripping the gears out ...lol

They freak out bad on pollution here yet you can pay $150 to exempt yourself from the test and drive a Edsel if you want.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:02 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post

I hope she is resting peacefully somewhere and yes I got your bunny shaped planter right as the maintenance men were fixing to toss it. It's safe on my porch......
I didn't see the other thread. I just wanted to say this is sweet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships