Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 07:51 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,245 times

Advertisements

Well, in my opinion you have a ton of clueless guys who are following 'PUA' nonsense, and social media has fed the egos of tons of clueless women to the point that attention has become the drug of choice. I've had female friends and acquaintances tell me how much they enjoy getting attention from random guys with no intention of ever escalating it. It's a bit dangerous for an attractive woman or younger girl to go about her day smiling at every guy and accepting any and all attempts at conversation from strangers. She's literally asking for trouble.

Again, she should shut this staring moron down completely. If she so much as walked past him one day, made eye contact and smiled, he'd concoct an entire fantasy out of that. I just never understood the purpose of just staring at someone as if that's all I need to do to make her 'mine'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 12:16 PM

838 posts, read 1,119,905 times
Give 'em the stink eye!

If that doesn't work, ask why are you staring at me?? Out loud so others will hear you. This will make them feel uncomfortable.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:43 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,755,652 times
Ignore.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:24 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackopotamus View Post
Next time they stare at you start picking your nose!
there are plenty of things you can do to tell them to **** off, without having to actually do it. I'll just, like, scratch my face or something, but with my middle finger, so, when they're staring at you, of course, you can flip them off without them actually being sure.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:38 PM

ugh, this used to **** me off when I was in school, if someone was staring at me and I couldn't get away from them (because a lot of times you have assigned seats, and can't do anything about it.) there was this girl, in high school...god, I hated her. in one of my classes, it was set up so there was a row of seats on the side, facing the rest of the class (I hate when they do that), and, of course the girl was in one of those seats, and I was in the others, so she was like facing me the entire time. then, there was another class, and one time we were watching a video (so it was dark) and she was to my right, so of course I was just watching the video, which was that direction. and she'd keep turning her head to look at me. I was like, wtf? the tv is that-a-way. god, I hated that her.

then, in college, I would sit in the back of the class, so no one could see me. but, apparently even that doesn't work, because there was this one class, where this guy in the row in front of me, would periodically turn around for a few seconds to look at me, for the whole class. I got so annoyed, that I sat in the front, from then on.

there was also a time in 7th grade (again, assigned seats), where one day, when we were all waiting for class to start and everyone to get there, so I'm just sitting there, and the guy in front of me was turned around, facing me, and just, stayed like that. I would look down, waiting for him to turn around...then look annoyed and try to hint that I'm annoyed and to stop staring at me...then, finally after a few minutes, I finally just said "can you stop staring at me?" and he was like "I wasn't staring at you...I was looking at the poster on the wall."

Old 03-12-2017, 02:47 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Ignore.
Luvvarkansas is right.
And it's sooooo easy to do.
Better than making a mountain out of a molehill, that's for sure.
It's only awkward because you're allowing it to be...you could also "allow" it to be, and mean, nothing.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:23 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times
Is OP still alive?

Old 03-13-2017, 01:26 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
It's been a week, so we don't know.

My son, just shy of 30--yeah, I was an old mom--said that he would slam a book (or something) and tell the person to stop freaking looking at him. I'd say, "Hi! Why are you looking at me?" I'm just a puppy waiting to wag a tail. That's going to hurt me one day.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:50 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
there are plenty of things you can do to tell them to **** off, without having to actually do it. I'll just, like, scratch my face or something, but with my middle finger, so, when they're staring at you, of course, you can flip them off without them actually being sure.
lol, I thought only I did that.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Is OP still alive?
maybe they got the death stare. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships