Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 08:43 PM

383 posts, read 343,181 times

Advertisements

Due to my recently relocation from my sister`s house (where i`ve lived since 2016 in Miami) to my new place in Tampa i lost my touch with my mates (most part of them are Cuban). So after spending a couple of months alone i started boring..I`ve never done anything to find a fellows or friends. It`s happened by itself. But now i came across the issue finding a new buddies that share my interests. Are there any web sites in US where someone is able to find a friend by interests/hobby?
I see here are many people chatting each other but almost nobody offers to go to real meeting!Why?

Last edited by elnina; 04-08-2017 at 04:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 10:38 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Look in your local newspaper where they publish the events schedule for the week. They'll post not only concerts and lectures, they should post also dance evenings, book readings and so on. Also, online you can look up MeetUp groups, to see what kind of activities those groups are doing. And you can look for other types of hobby groups or sports leagues (soccer? baseball? Diving?) or whatever you're into.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:11 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
as ruth noted, there are a lot of places to hang out and find people. there are singles events, church groups, dance clubs, libraries(specifically college libraries), fairs, shopping malls(start in the food court), comedy clubs, parks, book stores, etc.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:57 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsik View Post
Due to my recently relocation from my sister`s house (where i`ve lived since 2016 in Miami) to my new place in Tampa i lost my touch with my mates (most part of them are Cuban). So after spending a couple of months alone i started boring..I`ve never done anything to find a fellows or friends. It`s happened by itself. But now i came across the issue finding a new buddies that share my interests. Are there any web sites in US where someone is able to find a friend by interests/hobby?
I see here are many people chatting each other but almost nobody offers to go to real meeting!Why?
Best way to finding people IS by getting out and about mate

Social events, local boozers etc whatever takes your fancy

Old 04-08-2017, 07:19 AM

That sound nice but...i`m a little shy in meeting people at the events. I`d prefer meeting people in web and then after that go out) I`ve never been able just to come to someone and begin the conversation. You know sometimes you come to someone and begin the conversation and people smile you, but you feel that you are excess! Terrible feelings! In order not to run into that sort of people i`m gonna find some friends online at first)

Old 04-08-2017, 07:31 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
That sound nice but...i`m a little shy in meeting people at the events. I`d prefer meeting people in web and then after that go out) I`ve never been able just to come to someone and begin the conversation. You know sometimes you come to someone and begin the conversation and people smile you, but you feel that you are excess! Terrible feelings! In order not to run into that sort of people i`m gonna find some friends online at first)
You don't necessarily have to approach them mate, if for example at a gym or a social event and you attend regularly you'll bump into many of the same people quite frequently and even with a subtle nod of the head ( saying hello ), smile and just making yourself appear friendly you'll be be surprised how easy it is for others to pop over and say hello and go from there

However if you're insistent on just sitting around and not make the effort just have a look at your local communities and see what's online, whether that's a particular hobby or interest you have. Start on CD and gain a bit of confidence.

I can't emphasise enough though how having a positive and friendly exterior is hugely attractive for many people and makes it far easier for them to approach and strike up a conversation

Old 04-08-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
You'd have to find local internet forums, then. For example, have you looked at the Florida forum and its sub-forums on this site? There may be others in your city, where people discuss city affairs, or something. Or there may be sites dedicated to certain hobbies in your area. And there's always online dating sites.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:06 PM

Yep! I`ve just registered on meetsup and joined some groups. However many of the events haven`t been updated for a long time.. They seem as a "corpse" (no longer valid)..

Old 04-08-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Yep! I`ve just registered on meetsup and joined some groups. However many of the events haven`t been updated for a long time.. They seem as a "corpse" (no longer valid)..
You could start your own, for people new to the area.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:18 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,572,039 times
Take a class in some recreation activity you're interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships