Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 01:50 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,343,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You can dislike me or hate me, fine no skin off my butt. But don't put your hands on me or try to start a fight. That's when the problems start. I live by this motto.
This 100%!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 02:19 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
I agree that we should, deserve to, and really need to know why any relationship (whether romantic, friendly, or familial) ends, but it's been my experience that few to no people will actually tell you. I've tried to ask when this happens to me (I think it happens to everyone at some time or another) and have gotten "Oh, nothing!" "I've been so busy lately." and even "It's hard to explain?" with no explanation. If you find someone brave and honest enough to level with you about this, you might want to try to save that relationship, as it's a very unusual person.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:43 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
you think people hate deaf people because the way they talk?

Old 04-19-2017, 01:32 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
I'm passive-aggressive, non-confrontational, "sensitive" and a "people-pleaser", so I would not even dream of telling someone I did not like them, and I would be very hurt if someone over the age of five told me that they didn't like me. (In this last, I was thinking of a grandchild who told me she didn't like me after I refused to give her some candy, lol.)

However, if someone told me in a NICE way that there was something about me that they didn't like and it was something that could be changed to make me more likable and/or a better person, I would actually appreciate it.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:11 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
I think I'd have more respect for someone to just flat out tell me, as opposed to putting up with the subtle or not so subtle digs, eye rolls, back stabbing, snide remarks, etc.

But if they're just going to ignore me...that's ok too.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:28 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Once in my early 30s I had a co-worker tell me, "you are the most arrogant person I've ever met". He was dead serious. I busted out laughing. I thought it was hilarious. He was obviously shocked by my reaction but I still want to laugh when I recall it. People form their own opinions, very quickly and often based on subjective feelings. Don't lose sleep over who likes you and who doesn't. It's of no importance.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:57 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I think I'm a good reader of people and can tell if someone doesn't like or approve of me.
And that's fine. I'm not looking to win any popularity contests. You don't like me, it's your problem, not mine - I know my worth and what I bring to the table.
Anyway, in my 50+ years, I've had maybe two people tell me to my face, "I don't like you." But I've had a score of others who I can tell also didn't like me; their facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, etc. were dead giveaways.

Would you rather have someone actually tell you they didn't like you, or would you prefer them not tell you but convey it in their demeanor?
I think it is hurtful to hear that you are disliked. If I can read someone's demeanor, I'll respect that and keep my distance. That would be quite enough for me.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:40 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Even on here people have sent me rude remarks and hate rep comments. I had to tell another poster that I don't care if you dislike me, find me whiny, or hostile. I'm only hostile and rude when others are the same to me. I'm not here to get you to like me because I don't care what people think. I'm not here to make friends and I just post my opinion. If you disagree with me fine I don't care, but if you start getting hostile and threatening towards me then we will have an issue. If you're nice to me I'll be nice to you. That's all.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:35 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
I don't care who doesn't like me either, but I'd prefer to NOT actually be told. That's very rude IMO & there's no appropriate time to be told that one doesn't like someone. I can't think of any situation in which telling someone that they don't like someone would be appropriate.

BTW, I'm in my early 40s & never been straight-out told that someone doesn't like me. But I can definitely tell who doesn't like me by certain people's actions as well, such as no eye contact, never look my way in a group of people, ignores me like the wallpaper, etc.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:50 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,322,594 times
I dont really care if someone doenst like me...if they dont like im assuming we are not friends. I also dont think there's a big reason to not like someone unless they have treated you badly or you feel threatened by them. There are people in life who downright annoy me but i cant say flat out that i dont like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships