Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 11:30 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,256,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Is it possible that the women getting together was a last minute, spur of moment thing and you were just accidently overlooked?
This is what I was thinking as well. ^^^

If this is not the case, then you seriously need to reevaluate your friendship with this group of women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 11:34 AM

13 posts, read 13,672 times
I do hope this is the reason, but to think they still didn't think of me once they saw my husband seems off.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:42 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
It sounds as if it's more his social group than yours....
I didn't get that impression personally because that would be VERY ODD that ALL the mens' ladies are there and his isn't, yet you think it's HIS event. Makes no sense to me. Then, that would mean to me that he PURPOSELY doesn't want her around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola lrig View Post
The people in the social group are all original my friends. He didn't know any of them prior to us meeting.

My husband did let me know they showed up, by this time I was busy and unable to join. Even though he did let me know, I still felt hurt of not being asked to join by the women of the group and that none of them bothered to think if me when they saw my husband.
This is even more puzzling that they treated you this way since they were all ORIGINALLY YOUR friends.

You have a legit right to be mad. This isn't the first event this group has had get-togethers, right? They've invited you all along, I assume, right? So what happened THIS time? Did you get into an argument w/ anyone in the group, etc.?

Anyway, sit back & see if they invite you to the next one & if they don't, you AND your husband both need to be done w/ this backstabbing, two-faced, disloyal group!

Your husband better not go anymore as well to any more because a husband's SUPPOSED to be in his wife's corner 200%, so if they don't invite you next time, he should feel just as strongly about not wanting any part of them either. If he still has the nerve to go & actually leave you, that's f'ed up & your husband's just as bad as the rest of them. In fact, I'd start to wonder if he actually likes one of the ladies in the group & doesn't want you around while he's there flirting up a storm.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:07 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I didn't get that impression personally because that would be VERY ODD that ALL the mens' ladies are there and his isn't, yet you think it's HIS event. Makes no sense to me. Then, that would mean to me that he PURPOSELY doesn't want her around.

This is even more puzzling that they treated you this way since they were all ORIGINALLY YOUR friends.

You have a legit right to be mad. This isn't the first event this group has had get-togethers, right? They've invited you all along, I assume, right? So what happened THIS time? Did you get into an argument w/ anyone in the group, etc.?

Anyway, sit back & see if they invite you to the next one & if they don't, you AND your husband both need to be done w/ this backstabbing, two-faced, disloyal group!

Your husband better not go anymore as well to any more because a husband's SUPPOSED to be in his wife's corner 200%, so if they don't invite you next time, he should feel just as strongly about not wanting any part of them either. If he still has the nerve to go & actually leave you, that's f'ed up & your husband's just as bad as the rest of them. In fact, I'd start to wonder if he actually likes one of the ladies in the group & doesn't want you around while he's there flirting up a storm.

This is so spot on ^^^^^ But why does your husband have to tell them . You need to get tough and confront your husband and let him know that you did not appreciate his being disloyal and he should have left when he found out that you were not there and did not attend the girls thing . Your husband sounds like a jackass and you are tolerating it . Grow a spine and put your foot down and demand some respect and loyality from that so called husband of yours .

Old 04-23-2017, 12:12 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I said that it sounded more like his social group because in the original post, she said the women showed up later at "a guys diaper shower at a bar." You know, a GUY thing, like a bachelor party.

We still don't know whether the other women just decided to go later or there was some plan in place for them to show up and the OP was deliberately or inadvertently left out.

We also don't know if the OP adequately expressed to her husband how hurt she is by this apparent slight. She asked if the women asked after her and he said, "No." Man of few words or leaving out additional input because he hasn't recognized it's a big deal to her? Did she convey that to him or just come here to tell us?

He could have gotten off the phone with her and yelled, "She's busy!" and the others might have waved and raised a beer in his direction – and all of this conjecture about rejection and terrible friends and a rotten husband is ... conjecture.

No reason to get out the damn pitchforks just yet.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:19 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Diaper showers are becoming popular with the guys. My brother had them when his wife was pregnant.
I'm really starting to be concerned for American men.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:25 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
It's the generation, I think. Gender reveal parties are also a huge event now for many people of parenting age. I would say older millennials and some Gen Xers. Personally I hope these trends die out, but that's just me.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Why? Is there something inherently wrong with this? Not trying to start anything, just looking for clarification, as I don't understand why this is bad for men to do. All of the men that were at the diaper shower are lovely people with good jobs and take care of their families. The age group of those there were 33-52

Old 04-23-2017, 12:39 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola lrig View Post
Why? Is there something inherently wrong with this? Not trying to start anything, just looking for clarification, as I don't understand why this is bad for men to do. All of the men that were at the diaper shower are lovely people with good jobs and take care of their families. The age group of those there were 33-52

I guess some people still think diapers are only women's business. Old fashioned ideas of gender roles are still clung to by some.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
This is so spot on ^^^^^ But why does your husband have to tell them . You need to get tough and confront your husband and let him know that you did not appreciate his being disloyal and he should have left when he found out that you were not there and did not attend the girls thing . Your husband sounds like a jackass and you are tolerating it . Grow a spine and put your foot down and demand some respect and loyality from that so called husband of yours .
You do have points I will reflect on, but respect should never be demanded though. Respect is something that is mutual upon two people. I dont ever want to be get something from husband because I demand it, I much rather have it cause he loves me. This also goes both ways in a marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships