Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2017, 02:57 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,418,355 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I don't know what forum to put this under because there was no precise sub-forum under Health and Wellness...

Ten days ago my son hurt his pinkie finger while playing with friends. He fell and it bent back. I took him to an urgent care center where they did x-rays where they determined it was a sprained finger. Due to his limited mobility they gave him a splint and wrapped it. He also is the "star" basketball player on his competitive team and I let him go to practice. He only dribbled and made free throws while others did the regular drills.

While with his dad over the weekend his puppy ate the splint and wrap and then his dad brought him home and casually told me this. I was concerned because I broke a finger, never got it fixed and it hurts and looks funny.

Off we went to urgent care to get another splint and wrap since they were not available OTC. While there the doctor wanted to check talk to us. Apparently, they have called me about six times since our original appointment because they discovered a fracture in the growth plate. I guess they reviewed the image after we left. The reason they never got hold of me is that they mis-read the number and called someone else. They never bothered to write because they could of since they had my address and told me to beat it down to the orthopedic doctor before it was too late and his finger quit growing.

I am mad at them! Should I be? What would you do? He is right handed and really good at basketball but will be out the rest of the season. He and his team are so good they won the championship game where they played on our city's NBA team's court. I'm miffed and it hurts him even though his pain threshold is high.

What would you do? I liked the doctor.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:59 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
CD does not offer legal advice, which is what it seems you are looking for. Thread closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships