Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 05:39 PM

19,975 posts, read 30,329,325 times

Advertisements

what a leg humper!!!!!

he has no right to be asking you these questions...

tell him you got diarrhea next time he pesters you,,,
(as allen said on two and a half men....no one wants to be with someone who has that)

be careful... he may have a crush on you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 05:44 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,728,876 times
I had a friend like that. We did not stay friends for very long. He also had a girlfriend, but was incredibly possessive of all his female friends and would go into a rage if any of us turned him down when he asked us if we wanted to hang out. Even if it was for something legitimate like we had to wait for someone to come fix a washing machine or for redelivery of a package that required someone to sign, he'd get furious we were picking that over him.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:07 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,521,769 times
I'm assuming you are not driving them around, buying them drinks or supplying them with drugs when you all hang out together? Typically, someone who wants to hang out that much is in it for something other than your company.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:11 PM

4,856 posts, read 3,668,546 times
You can't be manipulated without your permission.

Say no and mean it!

Old 05-20-2017, 09:19 PM

361 posts, read 434,966 times
No, he is not gay for me (he has been with this girl for 3 years and they plan to be married) and he is also a straight edge person. He really likes being friends with me, but he just wants to hang out with me too much. I do really like both of them and want our friendship to stay the same though.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:55 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,779,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue20 View Post
No, he is not gay for me (he has been with this girl for 3 years and they plan to be married) and he is also a straight edge person. He really likes being friends with me, but he just wants to hang out with me too much. I do really like both of them and want our friendship to stay the same though.
OP:

You never know what could really be going on with him.
Just because he has a long-term girlfriend does not mean that he is not into you
Are the 2 of them engaged?
Trust your instincts.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:41 PM

3,862 posts, read 3,173,177 times
let your friend know that you have changed, and hanging out all the time is not a thing you do anymore. Let him know you have matured, and have learned that the less you let people know, the better it is for you. everyone deserves their privacy, and suggest he gives his girlfriend more attention. how often do you think he will push his girl aside? If he is a good friend, he should understand.

all these questions, man are you a reporter or something?

Old 05-20-2017, 11:25 PM

102,302 posts, read 108,429,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue20 View Post
Why doesn't this guy have a life? That's not normal, to revolve around another guy to that degree. Doesn't he have hobbies? Is his gf ok with them revolving around you? Doesn't she have hobbies or leisure time interests of her own? Or does he get bored easily, and uses you to avoid boredom?
It almost sounds obsessive-compulsive on his part.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:56 AM

19,975 posts, read 30,329,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I had a friend like that. We did not stay friends for very long. He also had a girlfriend, but was incredibly possessive of all his female friends and would go into a rage if any of us turned him down when he asked us if we wanted to hang out. Even if it was for something legitimate like we had to wait for someone to come fix a washing machine or for redelivery of a package that required someone to sign, he'd get furious we were picking that over him.

yes had an x friend like that,,,he could not be alone.. always had to be with someone or a group..
and one day I bought him a small clock...and said...this is your time buddy...... your own clock,,,, stop messing with everyone elses....be possessive of your own time only..

he finally got the message and tried to brush it off..til he called and I told him...he needs to grow up

this is part of the fall out of always getting your own way... when parents coddle their kids,,,they don't get pushed back...

to the op...if you see possessiveness in guys ...push them back hard,,,its totally unacceptable.
some guys get all squirrely - particularly with women...and they need to back off and be told loudly to back off

Old 05-21-2017, 05:24 AM

4,417 posts, read 3,497,180 times
It sounds like he doesn't want to be alone with his girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships