Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 09:31 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,201,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
Well that is where you folks are misinformed. He does know because they check each other’s page everyday. He saw that I liked it. I did take my like back.
They meant a mod here on C-D, not on FB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 10:06 PM

749 posts, read 480,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzPaw View Post
They meant a mod here on C-D, not on FB.
Oh

Old 03-15-2018, 11:53 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,708,393 times
Quote:
Liking a Facebook picture can land you in a lot of trouble. But that's why I hope that somehow he doesn't find this forum and see I'm writing about him. Any way that you can delete a thread?
No, following the instructions of a crazy person just because he orders you to can get you in a lot of trouble. Did you read about the Milgram Effect?

OP, if you knew it was wrong, why did you do it? Are you afraid this person can physically harm you? If so, why do you call him a "friend"? Why would you take his calls?

It also kind of worries me that you are a Lyft driver, and that strangers trust you alone in a car with them. You seem to have very poor judgement and impulse control.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:56 PM

749 posts, read 480,759 times
He called me today. Sounded really happy, talked about the girl for about 45 minutes. Asked me if I could help him talk to her but I declined.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:05 AM

6,689 posts, read 5,919,280 times
Quote:
He called me today. Sounded really happy, talked about the girl for about 45 minutes. Asked me if I could help him talk to her but I declined.
That's 45 minutes of your life that you'll never get back.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:44 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,469,209 times
Quote:
I'm not a troll, I understand sometimes my posts are dramatic. I want to get that out of the way. So I'm going to give you a story as straight to the point and honest as I can. My friend is really into this girl. I've never met this girl. He talks about her all the time. All the time. I drive rideshare-Lyft part time at night time. And apparently this girl uses it all the time according to him. So he's wondering if I've ever picked him up.

He keeps on calling me while I have passengers about to get in the car. He keeps on asking me if I have seen her, which is really odd because there's millions of people in our area. He also posts these things on Facebook to try to impress her. He kept on asking me what I thought of the posts. And he told me to let him know right away if I see anything on the internet about her. I thought he said internet. Honestly. But now I think he meant if I find her outside getting a ride.

And so I go to her Facebook just to see if I find any information. I am just doing it because I thought that's what he wanted. I was busy at the time and so I was thinking about many things. And so I go to her page and I see a random pic of an animal and like it. I guess her page is public so it allows you to like.

The next day he calls me up and he thinks that I disrespected him and might be trying to get with her. He said either way, the most awkward thing you can do is to like someone's post that you don't know. He says that it might be best that we aren't friends anymore since I disrespected him.

The truth is I want nothing to do with the girl. I don't know her. I've never met her. I don't care about her. But he talks about her non stop. And now he's saying that I'm totally stabbing him in the back because I liked an animal post that she made. I did go back and unlike it. But he says that you never are supposed to like someone's page that you don't know....

So now we're not on good terms. I honestly wan't even thinking at the time and just hit the like and left her page. But because of this, he says the friendship might be over.

Some of you think it's very strange that I went to her profile. It's because he kept on asking me what I thought about his posts and what she would think... Then as I had to go, he told me to find out anything about her. Because we were talking bout FB, I thought that's what he wanted me to do, go look at her page and see if I find anything fishy or something, I don't know??? I wasn't even thinking about it.. So I didn't mean anything by hitting that like.

And now he's saying it's making him look bad because he's gonna have to explain why I did what I did. I didn't write anything, I didn't message her, I didn't friend request her, I simply hit like on an animal post. I have no idea why I hit like. It was a cute llama. I'm used to hitting like when I see something on instagram, that's all. I swear to god I wasn't trying to disrespect him. But now he's trying to make all these connections and is making all these accusations.
Lol op! I get what you are coming from. Your friend is a drama queen and probably very insecure. I bet you you are hotter than your so called friend too and it makes him feel threatened by you.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:48 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,469,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
It is concerning that you decided to stalk this woman because your cognitively impaired friend told you to.

What exactly are your boundaries? How far would you go just to follow someone's instructions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strip_...hone_call_scam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
Gtfoh!
Stalking? Get real.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:41 AM

477 posts, read 840,227 times
This seems to stupid to respond to. Are you afraid of this guy.
Why are you wasting your time with people so complicated? You are thinking too much.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:47 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,515,850 times
Well the good news (for your relationship) is his relationship won't last long with this girl because he's most likely driving her insane as well. He sounds incredibly insecure and needy.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:53 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,267,447 times
Quote:

And so I go to her Facebook just to see if I find any information.

So now we're not on good terms. But now he's trying to make all these connections and is making all these accusations.
Yeh, well...facebook (discracebook) will do that to you.
Stay off if you want a more peaceful life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships