Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 10:52 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times

Advertisements

Your poor mom gave up every ounce of privacy she had to enjoy her new relationship and her empty nest, and here you come. It is very generous of her to let you move home in the first place.

At 26 I was married and working overseas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 11:07 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryiko View Post
Now due to financial difficulty I did move back in after she was in this "relationship" but still, shouldn't she see how I view it as her daughter and tone it way down? The guy she is with is nice and everything but it's not fun seeing this.
Look, I get that PDAs can be uncomfortable but you're in her space. You came back into her space. Pull your finances together and vacate yesterday.

No boyfriend of your own, eh?

Old 03-14-2018, 11:53 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,832 times
Her house. Her rules. Her relationship = her business.
I wonder what the OP thinks when mom and the boyfriend are in the bedroom "getting their groove on".

Old 03-14-2018, 11:58 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,832 times
Incidentally I did the math. The OP says she's 26, the mom 43.

Seems that mom had her at 17 years old, so she started out early. Just sayin'.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:10 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Essentially what it comes down to is this: No one cares what you think is gross.

The great thing about being an adult is, that if you do not like where you live, you can move.

Thirteen year age difference isn't really that much.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-14-2018, 12:25 PM

8 posts, read 8,353 times
Thanks for the responses. Went to bed after posting, just now got back. I get that it's my mothers house and she can be with who she wants, but isn't it wrong to get them to tone things down? I feel embarrassed if I say go to the kitchen to get something and they're all over each other. And I swear, since she's been with him she has started acting more like a teenager. I came back from work and I kid you not, my mother and the guy she is with were running around the house playing lazer tag

And she gets all lovey dovey and the like.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:37 PM

6,297 posts, read 4,195,051 times
Quote:
Thanks for the responses. Went to bed after posting, just now got back. I get that it's my mothers house and she can be with who she wants, but isn't it wrong to get them to tone things down? I feel embarrassed if I say go to the kitchen to get something and they're all over each other. And I swear, since she's been with him she has started acting more like a teenager. I came back from work and I kid you not, my mother and the guy she is with were running around the house playing lazer tag

What is the matter with you seriously you are the one with the issue. Move out.

Ps. Never too old to play laser tag and live life authentically and fully. More power to your mum, stop being so judgemental and ageist

Old 03-14-2018, 12:43 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:

And you feel that at 43, she should be celibate and serious?

Old 03-14-2018, 12:46 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:

They don't have to tone anything down just to make you feel more comfortable. Get over yourself. She's enjoying life. Perhaps you should try it.

Didn't know there's an age limit for laser tag. I'm 43 ... I guess I'm not allowed to have fun anymore. Oh well.

[CENTER]SaveSaveSave[/CENTER]

Old 03-14-2018, 12:51 PM

24,514 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:

Do you have a boy friend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships