Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 12:47 PM

20,201 posts, read 14,425,887 times

Advertisements

I dunno I guess my feeling on it was, "beggars can't be choosers." If you're going to avail yourself of a free living situation, which ~ahem~ SOME OF US did not have as an option, then you can darn well show some gratitude for it by not imposing on the kind person (Mom) who is offering it, since she certainly does not HAVE to. In other words, keep your judgy judgment to yourself, or get out and find your own place to live.

She was acting like something that I personally saw as a privilege, was to her an entitlement.

All of her excuses as to why she couldn't possibly be expected to move out, were nothing so much as "I demand to have my cake, and to eat it, too!" The world ain't gonna treat her like a precious little princess, so I don't know why Mom should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 03:27 PM

765 posts, read 469,048 times
I'm sorry sweetie, but this is one of those life lessons that are painful and must be learned.

you are the child. she is the parent. you don't get the right to tell her what she should or should not do while you are not paying her mortgage.

ok???? I mean..... it's just one of those live and let live moments in life. I know you don't like it, you've made it pretty clear by saying you find her behavior gross.

So. THE GOOD NEWS IS: YOU HAVE OPTIONS!!!!!

And you know it's true, stop saying you are caught between a rock and a hard place. YOU made it hard, you are the one who can't live and let live.

Every college has a community bulletin board.... or a campus roommate finding service. put your own notice up "in DIRE need of new DIGS.... get out your magic markers kiddo and make it noticable..... post on said college bulletin board in the student union.... or in the local grocery store, at the gas station, the bakery, the firehouse....

be honest, you know why you haven't done it yet. It's gonna make your life harder..... well, that's the thing about life, at some point the hard knocks begin, the honeymoon with mom is over and you gotta put your big-girl-panties on.

So swallow this pill now, it will make you stronger the next time life tosses you a curve ball..... do it. I know it is going to mean perhaps taking longer to get your degree, it's going to take putting up with a roomie who listens to Metallica at 3 a.m, doesn't do their dishes and on top of all that, you have to take a part time job to help pay the rent and utilities. ((((((((((((((((sigh))))))))))))))))........ woe is you. but you cannot judge your mother for being in love with who you do not find appropriate. stop sulking. get moving to take charge of your own life.

hey!!!! THAT'S ANOTHER THING!!!!!! WHERE IS IT WRITTEN YOU GET TO CHANGE ANYONE????? THE ONLY PERSON YOU CAN CHANGE IS YOURSELF!!!!! good lesson to learn 'round' 'bout now.

Sorry i might be sounding kinda tough on you..... but there's the rub.... sometimes young'uns got to listen to their elders...... we've learned a few things about life. and i don't want to sound alarmist....but you do not want this to affect your relationship with your mom. don't go there. she may be imperfect. she may be self centered to you...... but she spent a good 18 years feeding, clothing and housing you.... she did the best she could. that's another thing to learn now. we all are imperfect human beings..... LOL LOL LOL (well, maybe not Nicole Kidman, that woman looks so da*m beautiful how could she have a flaw??? but even she has regrets about something, i guarantee you)

So here endeth the lesson darlin'..... get busy movin' out.... or get busy changing YOUR attitude. bright blessings. good luck..... and i hope karma ain't a biatch and gives you a daughter not unlike you someday as payback.... you just have to grow up now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships