Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 06:48 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,571,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
What the OP is describing is totally inappropriate actions towards him by a co-worker. A female would be getting support and sexual harassment advice.
OP....I dm'd you. Go to HR, contact DOL if HR doesn't stop this.....You have every right to feel the way that you are feeling.
Jan is right on about this. If I were him I would be on the lookout for a better job in case HR doesn't do anything to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 07:21 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
Because I’m too nice
Uh huh.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:25 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,113 times
Jeez this is horrible.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:51 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
There is this one older woman at work that likes me who tries to make life difficult for me every day. I can’t do anything to avoid her either.

Things she does:

- She will tell me to stop looking at her butt, even though I never look.
- One time she came up to me and told me she was mad at me because she claimed I slammed a door in her face, even though I never did that.
- she will come up behind me and slap me on the back or shoulder as hard as she can even though I have asked her to stop multiple times.
-She used to be friendly to me then stopped speaking to me for several months and now all of a sudden she will say hey to me at the beginning of the day then try to play games to tick me off.

-Her brother-in-law (she used to date his brother but was never married to him yet she calls him this) sometimes sits with someone else at lunch and when he does then she will come sit by me for attention. I usually just ignore her but sometimes she will ask me questions.

This woman is single. She is 45 and never been married. I see why. People also have said that she liked me in the past but I have made it clear that I don’t want to date her or any woman I work with.She seems like the button pushing type. I try to keep my cool around her but it is getting to the point where I am about to lose it. I hate how women have to be mean to guys they like because they think it is cool. Sometimes I think I wanna be single forever because this behavior seems to be very common among women and it seems ok for women to test men.

I swear I really hate people.
Not that it makes a difference, but are you a man or a woman?

Old 04-17-2018, 01:47 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,245 times
I'd go with male or simple 'boy'. This is not the way a ' man' would handle this situation.

Add 'pushover' as well.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:01 PM

137 posts, read 100,929 times
In my opinion, this is harassment, even sexual harassment. I'd turn on my phone to record ANY time you interact with her. She's a ticking time b*mb and will definitely make serious trouble for you that could have devastating consequences if you don't protect yourself and act first. Seriously, she's unstable and unhappy and looking for someone to take it out on. This is the type of woman who files fake rape charges.

Old 05-16-2018, 01:44 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,047 times
Quote:
Because I’m too nice
Nice people don't have this many issues TBH.

Old 05-16-2018, 01:56 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Most women will seem irrational to a man who is rational.
It absolutely cracks me up how many men think they are soooooo super rational. Spoiler: you are not.

Helpful hint: It is not at all rational to turn a question about an alleged interpersonal problem to a discussion about the woman in question being "single" and making one want to 'stay single forever.' This has nothing whatsoever to do with dating, marital status, who she dated in the past, etc. The very inclusion of that information indicates that he is not, actually, rational in the slightest.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:58 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Most women will seem irrational to a man who is rational. Find a woman who is of the more rational/thinking type and talk with her about this issue. She might have some advice. Or conversely, a man who is the opposite. Better than trying to get advice on a forum.
Oh c’mon. Most women are not irrational. Some people of both genders are unbalanced or mentally ill. The woman in question sounds as if she is emotionally unstable with poor social skills. You’ve never met a man who is emotionally unstable and has poor social skills?

But I actually think speaking with a trusted female is a decent idea. I also think he needs to document the slapping, and complain to HR. The poster who recommended that is right. This woman might well complain to HR in order to gain revenge or attention.

Then OP needs to concentrate on his career. This woman is a stupid distraction. And, I suspect he himself, needs help with his social skills. Many guys know how to shut stuff like this down. But the slapping—that needs to stop. Document and report.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:33 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
OK, so it's been a month since the OP posted this problem. OP? Are you there? How have you dealt with it? Are you still getting slapped around at work? (That's very bizarre. The entire situation stretches credulity.) An update would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships