Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 08:37 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times

Advertisements

This morning I was driving in my car. I wasn't going anywhere in particular but I was sort of driving aimlessly towards downtown. I was on a major road that goes there, but with lots of stoplights. About a mile or two north of downtown my car is stopped at the light. There is a woman standing at the bus stop close to my car, standing and looking right in my direction, almost close enough that she is going to cross the street, even though my car is not the first and she would need to be further up to cross. She can see right in, it's kind of embarrassing. But she doesn't bother me.

So I drive downtown and just drive around looking at the sights, eventually I find my way back on that same road heading out of downtown going back in the other direction. Then my car stops at a light about halfway back to that first corner. I look over to my left and I see that same exact woman walking along the sidewalk on the other side. She had been walking towards downtown, even though I don't know why she had stopped at the first corner earlier. The funny thing is, she looks right at me and starts smiling and waving like we are old friends. I think she must have thought it was funny to see me again and knew that I was looking at her and wondering is that her again? Even though the first time she didn't even see my face.

What would you think in that situation? I thought she was really friendly, personally. But I'm not the type to just talk to strangers that I meet in traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 09:13 PM

17,747 posts, read 9,202,314 times
She was a hooker. Seriously.

Old 09-07-2019, 09:15 PM

587 posts, read 423,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
This morning I was driving in my car. I wasn't going anywhere in particular but I was sort of driving aimlessly towards downtown. I was on a major road that goes there, but with lots of stoplights. About a mile or two north of downtown my car is stopped at the light. There is a woman standing at the bus stop close to my car, standing and looking right in my direction, almost close enough that she is going to cross the street, even though my car is not the first and she would need to be further up to cross. She can see right in, it's kind of embarrassing. But she doesn't bother me.

So I drive downtown and just drive around looking at the sights, eventually I find my way back on that same road heading out of downtown going back in the other direction. Then my car stops at a light about halfway back to that first corner. I look over to my left and I see that same exact woman walking along the sidewalk on the other side. She had been walking towards downtown, even though I don't know why she had stopped at the first corner earlier. The funny thing is, she looks right at me and starts smiling and waving like we are old friends. I think she must have thought it was funny to see me again and knew that I was looking at her and wondering is that her again? Even though the first time she didn't even see my face.

What would you think in that situation? I thought she was really friendly, personally. But I'm not the type to just talk to strangers that I meet in traffic.
If she was legitimately waiting for the bus, wouldn't it have arrived by the time you drove back in that area?

So...perhaps you were driving "aimlessly" in the "hooker stroll"?
(She was more friendly the 2nd time b/c she thought you came back "for her")

Old 09-07-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
She wasn't dressed like it. Long pants. Baseball cap.

Old 09-07-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
If she was legitimately waiting for the bus, wouldn't it have arrived by the time you drove back in that area?

So...perhaps you were driving "aimlessly" in the "hooker stroll"?
(She was more friendly the 2nd time b/c she thought you came back "for her")
I wouldn't have come back that same way to look for her. I really thought she was going to cross the road there and go down that other main road that crossed it. I had totally forgotten about her until I suddenly saw her again.

Old 09-07-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
She wasn't dressed like it. Long pants. Baseball cap.
Most hookers dress like normal people.

If a woman is walking alone on a city street, and she's paying attention to cars driving by, she is usually a hooker.

There's no question in my mind that the person you described is a hooker.

Old 09-07-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Most hookers dress like normal people.

If a woman is walking alone on a city street, and she's paying attention to cars driving by, she is usually a hooker.

There's no question in my mind that the person you described is a hooker.
Maybe you are right. But it's a coincidence that I saw her twice at two stoplights.

Old 09-07-2019, 11:58 PM

Personally I am taking this as a kind of sign. I'm not going to go into details about that.

I also saw a man twice today who I have seen before on more than one occasion...always indoors. Two pretty strong signs on the same day at around the same time.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Maybe you are right. But it's a coincidence that I saw her twice at two stoplights.
How is it a coincidence? If you kept driving around aimlessly in that area, you probably would have seen her a 3rd and 4th time (if someone hadn't picked her up).

Didn't you think it was odd that she waved at you? She saw that you were a guy, alone, and driving around in circles. I'll guess this was a low income area and you probably looked out of place.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
How is it a coincidence? If you kept driving around aimlessly in that area, you probably would have seen her a 3rd and 4th time (if someone hadn't picked her up).

Didn't you think it was odd that she waved at you? She saw that you were a guy, alone, and driving around in circles. I'll guess this was a low income area and you probably looked out of place.
So it's not a coincidence that I passed her twice, true. But the fact that both times we passed she was even with my car which was stopped. You don't think that's a strange coincidence? She probably noticed that fact also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships