Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 04:33 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
And that's okay. You don't owe any one an explanation for it. Lots of adults live at home to save money to buy a house. I think that's smart.
I agree. I would do the same for my kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 09:21 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
And that's okay. You don't owe any one an explanation for it. Lots of adults live at home to save money to buy a house. I think that's smart.
Thanks. Got my first house @ 26, never would have been able to do that by paying rent

Old 06-01-2018, 06:19 AM

492 posts, read 631,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Thanks. Got my first house @ 26, never would have been able to do that by paying rent
Living with your parents until you are 26 is not the same as living with them until you 66. I wanted to be on my own asap. It was not easy but I am glad I did it.

Old 06-01-2018, 12:05 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Anybody else know someone like this? LOL
Yeh...a few....and the parents are more than happy to have them there, cause they help out when needed....course, they're all single as well.
It'd be a special women would go with such a man.

Old 06-02-2018, 06:52 PM

21 posts, read 22,078 times
It could be worse.

My neighbor is a great guy – divorced but a good conscientious father. He’s lived in the same house for about 30 years and has put a lot of work into it. His college student son has been living with him.

His daughter has always been an annoying whiney self-centered creepy brat. At 17, she got pregnant and eventually married the loser father. They had two more children. They fight constantly, and she has often come back to stay with her father.

Now, she and her husband have gotten into a financial mess and were about to become homeless. So she brought loser husband and their three small kids to live with her dad in his 3-bedroom 1-bath house. But there just wasn’t room for all those people, so she persuaded her dad that he needed to move out. After all, she has the children to worry about. So dad is going to move in with his parents while daughter and her brood will stay in his house.

It’s supposed to be temporary, but I bet she’ll still be there in a year.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:01 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I'd be happy for my kids to live with me as adults, so they could save up money. Paying rent is a hardship for people trying to buy a home. I couldn't really live at home with my parents because the house was too small and my mom was a hoarder. But I kind of wish I'd had that option instead of paying rent for years.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:57 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,835 times
I'm sure he has plenty of money in the bank but sounds to me like he's on the outside looking in. Missing out on life, how sad.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:14 PM

492 posts, read 631,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDaffodilLady View Post
It could be worse.

My neighbor is a great guy – divorced but a good conscientious father. He’s lived in the same house for about 30 years and has put a lot of work into it. His college student son has been living with him.

His daughter has always been an annoying whiney self-centered creepy brat. At 17, she got pregnant and eventually married the loser father. They had two more children. They fight constantly, and she has often come back to stay with her father.

Now, she and her husband have gotten into a financial mess and were about to become homeless. So she brought loser husband and their three small kids to live with her dad in his 3-bedroom 1-bath house. But there just wasn’t room for all those people, so she persuaded her dad that he needed to move out. After all, she has the children to worry about. So dad is going to move in with his parents while daughter and her brood will stay in his house.

It’s supposed to be temporary, but I bet she’ll still be there in a year.
I bet she will be there in 10 years. Any one that would ask their dad to move out of his own home will not care that he wants to move back.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:56 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
I'd be happy for my kids to live with me as adults, so they could save up money. Paying rent is a hardship for people trying to buy a home. I couldn't really live at home with my parents because the house was too small and my mom was a hoarder. But I kind of wish I'd had that option instead of paying rent for years.
I feel very lucky being able to have that option. It really helped me get on a good financial footing.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:26 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
Quote:
I'm not interested in judging people who still live at home. Guess what? Some of them are caregivers to their aging parents. Why can't people at least give them credit for that?
Because there was NOTHING wrong with his mother other than being a religious cult member who used her son as a surrogate husband since age 9 and I would have liked to have had a life with him .

We were in our 50's and it was just ridiculous the rationalizations she came up with .
If she were so religious she would have remembered the leaving your parents part .
No one could make him leave and in spite of his jobs , patents , how smart he was, how much he loved me etc etc etc . His life was ruined by a sick person who made him think over a lifetime that he somehow had to stay . Although I was saying goodbye by email after ( or possibly during his death ) he died I couldn't help but think of a wonderful life ( his) wasted .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships