Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 06:30 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,814,415 times

Advertisements

I have never had a successful friendship with a woman. Every woman I have been friends with only talked to me when they want something. I have never had a female friend that I could confide in and open myself up to. I feel like women don’t really want to be friends with men. We don’t have a lot of the same interests and hobbies so I can kinda see why. Have any of you guys had successful friendships with women you weren’t attracted to? Am I looking at it wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 06:39 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,451,346 times
I don't think I've ever had a woman as just a friend. I know women from work and other venues but they're aquaintances. I don't feel that pack kinship with women it seems. Further afield there's not a lot of people I consider a friend, just 2 or 3. My daughters mother is probably an exception but I'm not sure just now.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:42 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Well.
If you make friends with people (men or women) who share a common interest, you might see your luck turning around.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:46 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,079,876 times
I've have had guy friends, as a female, for my entire life.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:58 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
I guess you never had a sister?

Old 02-28-2018, 08:08 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,308,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
I have never had a successful friendship with a woman. Every woman I have been friends with only talked to me when they want something. I have never had a female friend that I could confide in and open myself up to. I feel like women don’t really want to be friends with men. We don’t have a lot of the same interests and hobbies so I can kinda see why. Have any of you guys had successful friendships with women you weren’t attracted to? Am I looking at it wrong?
I was actually going to start a thread like this. Unless you are work buddies, or live in a town of 30, I don't think platonic friendships can truly work between the sexes, particularly if one person is physically/ sexually attracted to the other. Some years ago, I realized like 3-4 rather cute females were contacting me, but really just to party with, eat lunch, talk about their personal problems, ect...

I remember thinking "how did I become the gay friend?" I ended up changing my number and moving forward I have made it quite clear to females I'm really not interested in being friends in its purest platonic sense. There's many conversations that I think me are just made to have only with other men.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:09 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,308,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
I've have had guy friends, as a female, for my entire life.
ARe you really cute? Meaning do you think these men are jumping at the bit to try something sexually with you if the drinks are flying or is there no sexual attraction?

Old 02-28-2018, 09:18 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,593,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
Have you seen the movie When Harry Met Sally? (If not, then you for sure can't be friends with a woman!) But getting back to the movie...if you haven't seen it, watch it.

I agree with Harry. I'm a woman.

https://youtu.be/i8kpYm-6nuE

Old 02-28-2018, 09:31 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,535,798 times
I'm a guy and I haven't. Even when considering just acquaintances, most of the people who I've been acquaintances with are males. It's not really a conscious thing, just the way it's worked out. I'm not the most social guy so I don't even have a lot of friendships with other guys but I do find it difficult to be friends with women. Probably just different interests and different outlooks on life.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:34 PM

9,376 posts, read 6,985,952 times
Some of my best long term friendships are with women. No matter what they say it’s complete possible to have a platonic relationship with a memeber of the opposite gender that’s not influenced by testes. Being a man and getting honest feedback from a woman’s POV is extremely valuable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships