Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 08:02 AM

4,692 posts, read 3,472,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
Being from Cape Cod I can tell you that is absolutely correct. New Englanders are standoffish people. Including me!
Hey we may be standoffish but we are very live and let live. I play music when I am out on my deck. My neighbors also play music, have kids playing loudly, hang out with company in yard, etc. I'm sorry but I would not want to be the OP's neighbor.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:15 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I get it.... believe me... but he's not "just" assuming you don't mind. The guy has asked - at least twice - how you feel about the music. If you don't say it bothers you, why would you expect him to stop?
I agree with this poster.

Just be nice and request nicely - because the reality is there is nothing you can do. noise during daylight hours is not illegal in most places. Would you rather listen to blowers, weed eaters, lawn mowers, air compressors, etc ?

Old 05-14-2018, 08:25 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
I agree with this poster.

Just be nice and request nicely - because the reality is there is nothing you can do. noise during daylight hours is not illegal in most places. Would you rather listen to blowers, weed eaters, lawn mowers, air compressors, etc ?
Ha, that happens too in most neighborhoods. What is wrong with quiet time, it is normal for humans to need some quiet time. My hood used to be quiet, what changed? Oh wait, respect for neighbors changed from having it to not having it. When people lived with people like themselves it was natural for everyone to be on the same page or to get on board, but now we have diversity - of thought and behavior as well as culture. Bullies get to take over an area and no one is supposed to do anything. Bullies never respect peace and quiet, they are loud, obnoxious, selfish and controlling.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:34 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,101 times
arsenic always worked for me

Old 05-14-2018, 08:46 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,271 times
I kind of want to hang out with your neighbor. Does he have a pool?

Old 05-14-2018, 08:52 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Five hours is nothing. Try Twelve hours. Twelve hours of latin music with the same droning beat.
Otherwise quiet neighborhood. Thinking about what to do...maybe play something louder that they don't like. Talking to them would be a waste, they know they are the only ones making noise and think they own the neighborhood for it. But we have some good speakers too. Just need to pick the right music.
Pantera has an excellent song for this situation. It's called F***in Hostile

Old 05-14-2018, 09:14 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
Pantera has an excellent song for this situation. It's called F***in Hostile
Thanks. I was thinking along those lines, it'll give me a headache but less so than twelve hours of one monotonous beat.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:30 AM

715 posts, read 1,073,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Ha, that happens too in most neighborhoods. What is wrong with quiet time, it is normal for humans to need some quiet time. My hood used to be quiet, what changed? Oh wait, respect for neighbors changed from having it to not having it. When people lived with people like themselves it was natural for everyone to be on the same page or to get on board, but now we have diversity - of thought and behavior as well as culture. Bullies get to take over an area and no one is supposed to do anything. Bullies never respect peace and quiet, they are loud, obnoxious, selfish and controlling.
I feel like it should go both ways. If I’m living in a neighborhood where the norm is to play loud music all hour of the day and night, then there won’t be much I can do about it. Not without a coalition of neighbors who are looking to quiet the neighborhood.

Same for if someone moves to an otherwise quiet area. No, this isn’t your opportunity to “liven up” an otherwise quiet area with your music. It’s a quiet area for a reason. Be quiet like everyone else. Have your occasional backyard party, let the neighbors know when you’re shutting the music down, and operate with common courtesy. Play the music in your house or get a small wireless speaker where you keep your music in your own backyard. If there wasn’t an advertisement put for a neighborhood DJ, no need to volunteer. It’s rude and shows a lack of decency.

There needs to be a law specifically against neighborhood DJs.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:36 AM

24,529 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Hey we may be standoffish but we are very live and let live. I play music when I am out on my deck. My neighbors also play music, have kids playing loudly, hang out with company in yard, etc. I'm sorry but I would not want to be the OP's neighbor.
:>) This is our first time in a long time with close neighbors as a house is being built behind us. SO will turn down Ancient Aliens when he is in the hot tub or watch it in the garage. I have asked neighbors to change the channel or brought them a playlist on CD. OP needs to chill a bit. The husband does not say anything. The dog does not bark anymore. .... Live and let live. Yes, revving engines of mid life crises vehicles can be annoying, blasting radios on cruisers make no sense to me and radios that almost shake a car at a red light are extremely unpleasant - will me pacing the patio while working with a headset bother the new neighbor, generator coming one once a week for maintenance, me turning up Santana or Shaggin' on the Boulevard while going down memory lane bother them? Let's not talk about full throttle Lynurd Skynyrd and me singing along off key. Well, that does not happen too often:>)

Old 05-14-2018, 10:53 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,113 times
That’s not weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships