Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2018, 04:21 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,443,557 times

Advertisements

Are you going to school right now? That's a better place to chat and make friends than work.

Old 05-27-2018, 04:31 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,131,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Are you going to school right now? That's a better place to chat and make friends than work.
no not yet but i'm going to be.

Old 05-27-2018, 04:48 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,443,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
no not yet but i'm going to be.

I hope you have a plan to start as soon as possible. It can take a long time to get through a degree program, especially when you're working full time. You can start with one class at community college and see how you handle it. You can get a very good education at CC if you study hard and take full advantage of the many other resources colleges offer (tutoring, career and academic counseling, scholarship and grant programs, etc).

Dreams are just dreams until you take action.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:20 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,870,963 times
Quote:
thanks for suggestions but i'm not interested in military. and yes, i have issues with my leg so i don't think i could make it in boot camp. i have the energy and all that but my leg would hold me back. i have had a lot of problems with it though it has gotten better. but it truly does hurt to stand for to long.

i am trying to get a paralegal degree then go into law.

Have you ever taken the SAT?

Or a placement test at a community college to see where your academic level is?

How will you get to classes without a vehicle or driver's license?

Old 05-27-2018, 06:53 PM

12,956 posts, read 9,604,182 times
Quote:
thanks for suggestions but i'm not interested in military. and yes, i have issues with my leg so i don't think i could make it in boot camp. i have the energy and all that but my leg would hold me back. i have had a lot of problems with it though it has gotten better. but it truly does hurt to stand for to long.

i am trying to get a paralegal degree then go into law.
If you can perceive it you can achieve it, good luck.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1957 View Post
Have you ever taken the SAT?

Or a placement test at a community college to see where your academic level is?

How will you get to classes without a vehicle or driver's license?
well for classes i was going to walk or my guy that I'm seeing can maybe take me sometimes, not every day.

No I never took any of those tests. i haven't taken a test yet or registered yet but I'm going to.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
If you can perceive it you can achieve it, good luck.
Thank you! I appreciate that.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:16 PM

97 posts, read 61,408 times
Quote:
No, get facts straight Zen.

He attempted to convince her to perform a sexual act in his car, she invited him inside the trailer wherein she dwelt with her Mother, sister, sister's husband, 4 younger sibs and sister's infant.
She then went to attend to the infant, leaving Manager alone in the parlor.
She states that upon her return he said he had to leave.

No sex occurred per the OP's posts.

I guess the scene inside the trailer put him off the notion? She states couch was missing a cushion, perhaps that did it. Other posts state trailer had no heat, can't recall what season this date was?

Subsequent posts blamed the manager and said he treated her horribly after this and then fired her.
Not sure if you're trying to be funny, but trying to pressure someone into having sex and then firing them when they refuse is sexual harassment. That's not a laughing matter at all.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:40 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,870,963 times
Quote:
well for classes i was going to walk or my guy that I'm seeing can maybe take me sometimes, not every day.

No I never took any of those tests. i haven't taken a test yet or registered yet but I'm going to.
The college is walking distance from where you live?

You have to take the SAT to get into a 4 year college or uni; have you considered community college instead?

Old 05-27-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
The college is walking distance from where you live?

You have to take the SAT to get into a 4 year college or uni; have you considered community college instead?
no it's a bit far. and yes it is a community college. i was looking into universities but they are expensive. im going to do my basics at community college and hopefully get rides there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.