Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 04:34 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times

Advertisements

You don't see him much and he sees other people, but the plan is he will pay your tuition and be driving you back and forth to classes throughout the day 6 months from now?

Oh.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:39 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
You don't see him much and he sees other people, but the plan is he will pay your tuition and be driving you back and forth to classes throughout the day 6 months from now?

Oh.
+1.

Exactly. I'm lost. Just seems soooooo sketchy.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:45 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,136,373 times
No it's not like that. basically he said he would give me the money to just tell him how much it is. we are dating but he's also my friend. he said he would help so I have accepted his help. especially since I wasn't sure if I could get aid on time. I only know about how much tuition it is from what the website says. i haven't gone to the school yet.

he said he could drop me off sometimes maybe, not every day he works.

He's just helping me. He's not my boyfriend or married. we just are fwb

Old 05-30-2018, 05:26 PM

314 posts, read 237,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
No it's not like that. basically he said he would give me the money to just tell him how much it is. we are dating but he's also my friend. he said he would help so I have accepted his help. especially since I wasn't sure if I could get aid on time. I only know about how much tuition it is from what the website says. i haven't gone to the school yet.

he said he could drop me off sometimes maybe, not every day he works.

He's just helping me. He's not my boyfriend or married. we just are fwb
Daisy, we talked a bit back last year or so, but be careful. It’s easy to be swept off your feet, everything is amazing and great,. Very few times it ends that way. From what you write, there are too many Red flags. If he wanted to do one thing, ( small vacation in the states), or paying your hotel room 2-3 months in advance so you do t have to worry, I can see it. But this is sketchy girl. What if your in Europe, and he tells you to get out. Are you going to have money to come home? Last minute ticket is at least 1k

Old 05-30-2018, 05:43 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxxm98 View Post
Daisy, we talked a bit back last year or so, but be careful. It’s easy to be swept off your feet, everything is amazing and great,. Very few times it ends that way. From what you write, there are too many Red flags. If he wanted to do one thing, ( small vacation in the states), or paying your hotel room 2-3 months in advance so you do t have to worry, I can see it. But this is sketchy girl. What if your in Europe, and he tells you to get out. Are you going to have money to come home? Last minute ticket is at least 1k
It does seem odd that the fella isn't offering to pay room rent or boring everyday practical expenses but instead is offering expensive getaways and tuition, neither of which he has to come up with NOW.

"i'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" may be his game.

BUT if he does come through with the $$$ I'd definitely accept it.

Either way. OP is now focused on school, has a realistic plan for it -community college not four year uni- and THAT's where the focus should stay. The guy is a huge variable, take what he gives but don't RELY on or PLAN AROUND him, OP as he may vanish in an instant.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:13 PM

765 posts, read 473,178 times
wow. don't know what to say about the public shaming right above....that should NEVER be tolerated here. Uncalled for. Unkind. not productive.

sometimes a person needs to be listened to, we don't have to commiserate, just listen and offer an alternative route for a job, or to learn a new skill at a community college..... encourage someone to think of better ways to earn a living. Maybe their sensitive nature will work well as a caregiver...... but to publicly shame someone? In my humble opinion it is not nice and not called for

honestly people don't be so harsh with someone who might be having lots of personal problems..... we can't truly know anyone until we walk a mile in their shoes....... we can suggest she might want to seek a therapist for her low self esteem or a good job center where she can get counselling, just find supportive comments to make to this person who really needs some kinder words and a more hopeful outlook

Old 05-30-2018, 07:13 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
My guy has been helping me. He said you take five classes every semester. That’s what he did but he went to a regular college not community

I saw a degree plan online and it says the same thing it goes by semester and it says five classes?
You don't have to take that many. Keep in mind that class time may be less than in high school, but a lot of studying outside of class is required. Trying to keep up with that while working 40 hours/week would be very, very hard. Talk to an adviser. Tell them your goals and your constraints (work schedule). See what they say. A full time class schedule is made for someone who is still supported by their parents and either doesn't have to work, or only has to work part time.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:39 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,136,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
You don't have to take that many. Keep in mind that class time may be less than in high school, but a lot of studying outside of class is required. Trying to keep up with that while working 40 hours/week would be very, very hard. Talk to an adviser. Tell them your goals and your constraints (work schedule). See what they say. A full time class schedule is made for someone who is still supported by their parents and either doesn't have to work, or only has to work part time.
well i guess the reason I want to take five is because i would get done quicker. i would like to get a better job and get my own apartment hopefully or maybe a townhouse (that's the dream lol). I would def like to move out of the motel. i like it and everything but it has its problems. there have also been break ins here. I feel safe and stuff but really I'd like to get a place so i can have my own place to call home.

but yes, i understand what you and others here are saying. i guess i will also talk with the college to see what they think as well. i just hope i can at least have a two year degree in two years so i can get a better job and move on. after that a 4 year degree and hopefully law school.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:40 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceiligrrl View Post
wow. don't know what to say about the public shaming right above....that should NEVER be tolerated here. Uncalled for. Unkind. not productive.
I agree. Some people are seriously working out some mysterious grudges here.

Daisy, please read through this thread you posted about this guy a few months ago.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-care-you.html

Back then, you kept saying you would not take money from him, and now you are to the point where he has not only covered your rent but now is paying your tuition. This is a very slippery slope.

Please take steps to be able to cover your expenses, especially your school tuition yourself. If he disappears tomorrow, not only will you not be able to afford a second semester, you won't even have a ride to get there.

You started this thread to discuss a problem at work. So take a look at the potential origins of that problem and how it may have something to do with these questions about your FWB.

Many of us gave you warnings about this relationship before. Just please equip yourself to be less vulnerable.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:42 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
You could save a lot of money if you find another student or two to be roommates with. Back in my day there were bulletin boards all over campus with flyers of students seeking people to share expenses with.

Sometimes you become good friends, sometimes you don’t. Jut be sure not to drink their milk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships