Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 07:29 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,521,910 times

Advertisements

That guy was really rude, obviously.

I was once lucky enough to have the middle seat in coach, with the parent with the kicking kid on their lap seated directly behind me.

No amount of pointed looks over the shoulder had any effect on this rude parent. It was one of my most uncomfortable flights ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 07:30 PM

192 posts, read 258,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
I would pay extra to fly on an airline that was 18+
Many of us would and people are screaming for two things; Flights with NO PETS and flights with NO CHILDREN. They can have flights on major routes once or twice a day for everyone who insists they have to bring pets and kids with them everywhere they go.

That includes the ridiculous Companion Pet program and the company who issues those false certificates, which needs to be abolished. Only the most blind or disabled truly deserve a Dog with them, and ONLY those people!

Next are the five star resorts. We want special floors with no kids or pets, and even special weeks we can arrive to the entire hotel being pet free and child free for that week only. I have had it personally. It's not even just the kids or the pets per say; I love kids and pets, that are well trained and well behaved. Todays children and animals of the snowflake generation are all wild things. Enough. I want some decorum and rules back with flying, including a dress code; no shorts, no sandals no beater t-shirts, and a few other flying rules!

Old 07-02-2018, 07:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,478,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhound View Post
Many of us would and people are screaming for two things; Flights with NO PETS and flights with NO CHILDREN. They can have flights on major routes once or twice a day for everyone who insists they have to bring pets and kids with them everywhere they go.

That includes the ridiculous Comapion Pet program and the company who issues those false ceetificates, which needs to be abolished. Only the most blind or diabled truly deserve a Dog with them, and ONLY those pople!

Next are the five star resorts. We want special floors with no kids or pets, and even special weeks we can arrive to the entire hotel being pet free and child free for that week only. I have had it personally. It's not even just the kids or the pets per say; I love kids and pets, that are well trained and well behaved. Todays chuldren and animls of the snowflake generation are all wild things, spawns of Saten! Enough. I want some decorum and rules back with flying, including a dress code; no shorts, no sandals no beater t-shirts, and a few other flying rules!
I want only people who can spell allowed on public forums. Back in the good ol' days parents made sure their children did their spelling and grammar homework. Snowflakes today can't be bothered to communicate properly!

Get off my lawn!

Old 07-02-2018, 07:54 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,311,378 times
The only time I was highly annoyed was by two drunks.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:15 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,973,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
i want only people who can spell allowed on public forums. Back in the good ol' days parents made sure their children did their spelling and grammar homework. Snowflakes today can't be bothered to communicate properly!

Get off my lawn!
:d!

Old 07-02-2018, 08:40 PM

32,668 posts, read 48,116,742 times
It doesn't do any good to glare at the parent.

My last flight, one change of plane, so 2 flights each direction, plus 4 hours on a train. All four legs of the flights, a child screamed the entire flight. Not just at take-off when it hurts the child' ears, the entire flight. Then 4 hours on the train, another child screamed and shreiked the whole time.

At least for this trip there wasn't a youngster running up and down the aisles the whole trip, which has happened more than once.

There is a reason that a lot of passengers would prefer a child free flight.

To be fair, a well behaved child sat across the aisle from me for one leg of the flight. Another child was the screamer.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:53 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,122,990 times
Because small babies are usually uncomfortable on planes, people assume they will cry.

You stooped to the same level of that guy making your comment to him.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:55 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,478,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
It doesn't do any good to glare at the parent.

My last flight, one change of plane, so 2 flights each direction, plus 4 hours on a train. All four legs of the flights, a child screamed the entire flight. Not just at take-off when it hurts the child' ears, the entire flight. Then 4 hours on the train, another child screamed and shreiked the whole time.

At least for this trip there wasn't a youngster running up and down the aisles the whole trip, which has happened more than once.

There is a reason that a lot of passengers would prefer a child free flight.

To be fair, a well behaved child sat across the aisle from me for one leg of the flight. Another child was the screamer.
So *some* children are badly behaved....Just like *some* adults are badly behaved. This is true in all walks of life.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:57 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,896,519 times
I can not count the times I have been on public transport, including plane...Once I was bothered by a crying baby. I had just had a miscarriage and the sound of the baby really hurt my heart. I complained to my husband who said " that is going to be us some day"...which was actually the sweetest thing he could have said.

I take it from these posts so far that many people think he was just a jerk. But the 18+ is just a laugh. My kids at 11 and 12 have far better manners on a plane then about 25% of the adults. They wont get up when the seat belt sign is on. They say please and thank you to the flight attendants. They don't race ahead when its time to get off, they wait their turn. They make almost no noise. They don't talk loud, swear, leave their electronics sound on without head phones, kick seats, apologize if they bump into someone. They make sure all trash is picked up and thrown out before they exit the plane. But a lot of that is because we traveled so much as they grew up.

I can see in 15 years people complaining that kids in their 20s don't know how to travel...but its because they weren't taught young. I could give my kids 2 boarding passes and they could figure it all out themselves.

I am starting to think the anti-kid thing is just something some people have and they will never get over it.

PS...honestly...I was a very busy mom. Besides a few major issues, I cant remember the little stuff. I would count this guy as the little stuff. But what the heck? Its like getting on board and announcing the IQ of the customers went down because I am a blonde.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:00 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,896,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Because small babies are usually uncomfortable on planes, people assume they will cry.

You stooped to the same level of that guy making your comment to him.
How? When he said it I assured him the baby would be ok. When the flight was over I just said in a light hearted (and proud aunt way) that he did pretty good for a toddler. How on earth is that stooping?

I wanted to say "that is what head phones are for you dumb f"...and then "dumb a...get a clue, this baby was better behaved then your old a". But I was very, very, very polite. Go ahead...make up a story in your head....didn't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships