Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 02:00 PM

1,553 posts, read 2,447,038 times

Advertisements

This happened with a female friend. What does it mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 02:01 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
There's absolutely no way for any of us to know, given the very limited information provided.

She could be having an insomnia attack.
She could keep thinking of "just one more thing" she needs to say.
She could be enjoying the conversation
She could be in need of a friend
She could be bored

But no, it's not a sign of whether or not she likes you. She may, she may not.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:13 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Not necessarily.

Maybe she's OCD and can't go to sleep unless she finishes a conversation.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:19 PM

19,027 posts, read 27,585,087 times
it's one of the female manipulation techniques. She's keeping you on a leash and checking, how much you are interested in her. You have 2 options:
1. you cave in and maintain texting. That will tell her that you are a rag and she can wrap you around her finger.
2. after first attempt on her behalf of such behavior, you text her back saying - Hey, I'm off for the night or "I have to go do.... and fill blank with some very serious task, then either turn off your phone or do NOT respond no matter what. then if you really want to, you respond after about 3 1/2 days, with something really out of whack - Hey, you had insomnia spell, or something? I was real busy, life, you know... Whatever shows no interest on your behalf. You show interest - you are done and over.

That's if you want to be a man, of course. If you want to join the Al Bandy cohort, then sure..

Old 05-29-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
it's one of the female manipulation techniques. She's keeping you on a leash and checking, how much you are interested in her. You have 2 options:
1. you cave in and maintain texting. That will tell her that you are a rag and she can wrap you around her finger.
2. after first attempt on her behalf of such behavior, you text her back saying - Hey, I'm off for the night or "I have to go do.... and fill blank with some very serious task, then either turn off your phone or do NOT respond no matter what. then if you really want to, you respond after about 3 1/2 days, with something really out of whack - Hey, you had insomnia spell, or something? I was real busy, life, you know... Whatever shows no interest on your behalf. You show interest - you are done and over.

That's if you want to be a man, of course. If you want to join the Al Bandy cohort, then sure..
Wow ... apparently it's not the females who are manipulative.

There are other options. Either continue the conversation or end it, but either option without manipulation and like a mature adult. No need for games.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:53 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post

If a girl texts you then says “I have to go to sleep” then texts you again, and the process repeats, does she like you?

It means she's addicted to texting. There are a lot of text addicts in the world today.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:05 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,076,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post

LOL WTF
If a guy seems uninterested, I am moving on. I'm an adult and don't have time for childish mind games.

OP: none of us would know. She could have been tired and needed to go to sleep but was enjoying the conversation. She could have known she needed to sleep, but couldn't and was just making a statement.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:26 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
If she is your friend, why are you asking if she likes you?

If she disliked you, I doubt you would ever hear from her.

This is so simple.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
If she is your friend, why are you asking if she likes you?

If she disliked you, I doubt you would ever hear from her.

This is so simple.
I believe the OP is asking if she likes *likes* him. As in, has feelings for him.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:56 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I believe the OP is asking if she likes *likes* him. As in, has feelings for him.

I think that's what the OP was asking too. But I don't think she *likes* him that way. She's just found somebody else that she can compulsively send texts to and get her text fixes.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships