Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 06:23 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times

Advertisements

Never apologize for something you did that wasn't wrong. That only feeds into the argument that what you did was wrong. (Of course, if you did do something wrong, it is appropriate to admit the mistake, if it was a mistake & you truly regret it.)

You can't control how others behave and react to you. You are not God.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over your husband & his father's relationship. You have no control over that, and you can't fix it. Beyond that, I cannot say, because you didn't provide enough information about that. My guess is that they have an unhealthy relationship, anyway, or this thing wouldn't have blown up between them.

Explain on FB that all you did was "like" a positive message by someone about his/her parents, and that you do not apologize for that, & if anyone doesn't like that, maybe they should stop reading your FB account.

Then stop participating in FB in that way. I have a FB account, but have a msg on my face page saying, "I'm sorry, but I don't respond to friend requests. I'm on FB only to participate in some groups." You might consider that. FB is addictive. You can email family members w/pics and information, if you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 01:32 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
They are crazy.

You've done nothing wrong.

You apologized.

Move on and ignore them.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:17 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
To be clear, you liking a comment is not grounds for an entire family to squabble like this. You’re just an easy target. The answer here is to unfriend every single one of your husband’s family and set your privacy settings so that they can’t stalk your page. If they want to see your children they can visit them or even ask for photos if that’s all they want. That’s the only way to stay out of any future drama. The current situation has nothing to do with you either so stay out of that also.
This this and this again. There are family members I don’t have on fb for a reason.

These people sound like loons and belong back in middle school

Old 10-16-2019, 04:02 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Facebook is what you make of it. I do not have relatives, coworkers, classmates, or people I don't know as friends.

I have never sent a friend request. My friends are about 1/3 of the people that sent me one.

I mostly use it for groups and Words With Friends and an occasional message.

Old 10-16-2019, 04:49 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
This is not a Facebook problem, it’s an in-law problem. They sound crazy.

Old 10-19-2019, 05:13 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
You have apologized. You had no idea about whatever feud was going on. Leave it alone.

Now, get your own FB account and include your family and friends, but exclude the quarreling in-laws.

Old 10-19-2019, 06:12 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
When someone shows you who they are, believe them. —-Maya Angelou

Old 10-19-2019, 06:24 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
I am friends with 1 of my stepdaughters and have blocked the other. I am friends with my stepson but not his mother. My sons have chosen to keep their business off facebook. Other family is hit or miss. Friends, however, communicate on FB mostly. Since I cannot hear on the phone, FB is a great way to communicate and there's always messenger for privacy. We have a group of friends and we have a closed, secret group when we want to communicate to all - which we did recently when one in the group was in CCU and had heart surgery. At my age, I don't care if you know I was at such and such a restaurant and I never post info about vacations or trips.

If you cause drama, I will simply unfollow. If that doesn't do the trick, byeeee, unfriended and blocked. It's not my circus and I refuse to play your game (which is why one stepdaughter is on that list).

Old 10-20-2019, 07:29 PM

656 posts, read 1,375,724 times
How can people in this day and age still think that Facebook is real? Why take it seriously? It's as fake as it gets, like Twitter or the news, it's just bandwidth. It's not real life. It's someone sending a signal, that's all it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships