Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 04:56 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,684,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
If you live alone and you don't care how it looks or how many dust bunnies are mating in the corners...

If you haven't cleaned your shower in a decade or more...

If people shudder when they look inside your fridge... Well, maybe they should stay out of your fridge. But I'm just saying...

Does that mean you're a person of poor character? Let's say you love kittens and puppies and donate to animal causes, are you still a reprobate because your home doesn't pass the white glove test?

I'm sincerely interested in this question: Is there a connection between being a slob and being a horrible human being?
Of course there's no connection. But people will tend to see it as a personal failing.

Is it you? Would you like to change things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2019, 05:44 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,281,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Because some tenants are too stupid to change a filter/battery or follow a lease.
I'm glad that when i lived in military housing they would come change out the filters and check on things.

I guess that could be a way of checking up on things, but i didn't care. I hate having to do all those little things now that i own my own home - lol.

Old 11-09-2019, 05:49 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Of course there's no connection. But people will tend to see it as a personal failing.

Is it you? Would you like to change things?
No, it's not me.

I keep my house as clean as I can, given there's a feral husband roaming around.

Old 11-09-2019, 10:40 PM

80 posts, read 33,119 times
There might be problems there but that doesn't necessarily mean being a bad person for having them. Depression can manifest in being unable to keep a tidy home.

Old 11-11-2019, 10:26 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Regarding landlords inspecting with odd excuses to snoop...

Every single year, around the same time, we are told that someone is considering buying the building of townhomes where we live, and we've got to give them a tour around our place. We get contacted by the property management to schedule this. Every. Year. And every year, no one actually buys the property. I've wondered every time this has happened, if they're just checking to see how we live, if we're trashing the place or have unauthorized pets or people or anything like that. I don't actually mind them coming and having a look around, I just wish that if that's why they would simply say so. I guess they figure people would hide any evidence of rule-breaking if they just came out and called it an inspection. But I'm on the up and up, so I don't really care.

The only thing is, my fiance lives in the basement (it's his own space and kept locked, so my sons don't go down there, though they're adults now anyways) and he has it decorated with quite a bit of adult artwork on the walls. So I always warn the people doing the walk-through about that, because they're gonna walk away feeling like they need some brain-bleach more likely than not. Oh, well. There's no rule against it. lol *shrug*

Old 11-21-2019, 04:07 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,380,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Why doesn't the owner invite a can collector in, to gather them up for the deposits? They'd both he happy. This discussion has me wondering if early people kept their caves spotlessly clean?
Wonder if cavewomen got together and gossiped about how the cavewoman who lived a couple of caves down kept her cave.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:19 PM

356 posts, read 371,576 times
I don't think it makes you a horrible person, but it does symbolize that something is wrong. I would go talk with a therapist.

Old 11-23-2019, 09:41 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
No, it's not me.

I keep my house as clean as I can, given there's a feral husband roaming around.
It's hard isn't it? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships