Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 12:37 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,883,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Just get it out of the way and call me every evil dictator and every deadly disease in history. Throw in the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs. That will surely discredit my claims.
The name of that asteroid was Chicxulub named for the Yukaton Peninsula town built there and the crater at impact.

nc17 would definitely be easier to articulate.

OP, were you anywhere in Mexico 66 million years ago and do you have anyone that will collaborate your whereabouts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 01:08 PM

189 posts, read 301,571 times
Well, I’m going to respond to the OP differently from the rest of you. I don’t know him, but I’m going to assume he is an honest person looking for help. To offer a bit of background, I have seen a few instances where someone was in fact treated as though they had a “kick me” sign on their back for no particular reason. I know one person who is utterly harmless and has been treated this way frequently. Having seen it for myself, my hypothesis is that some people through no fault of their own become a scapegoat and seem to engender some kind of malevolent herd response in other people. We’ve all known kids who were picked on, and occasionally it continues into adult life.

nc17, I don’t know what options are available to you, so my suggestions may not help, but here they are nevertheless.
- Cultivate one friend at your place of employment. You need someone to confide in there, and you need someone in your corner who will listen. You seem very alone, and that makes all things worse. There are people who will care, but sometimes you have to get past the outer shell.

- If it’s possible, consider leaving the job you’re in and starting fresh somewhere else. Sometimes a situation just doesn’t resolve no matter what you do, and there’s no shame in deciding to turn over a new leaf and put your energy somewhere else.

- Strengthen and rely on the ties that you have outside work - family, if possible, old or new friends. Make your life less about work, if it’s possible.

- If you’re a loner, try letting just one person in. My husband and I are both loners by nature, which is why we value each other so much and understand each other so well. Your choice isn’t between letting everyone in or letting no one in.

- If you have or can make the option of opening some kind of small business of your own, perhaps internet based, you might find the interactions less stressful. You might not be a team player, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Everyone doesn’t belong on a team.

- Keep a low profile at work, give things a chance to blow over. I know this is really hard, but sometimes it’s the best option if you’re unable to leave. When I was in a hostile work environment that I wasn’t able to immediately leave, I adopted a quiet, “lay low,” “whatever you say” attitude until I was able to leave on my own terms.

- Do something positive to affect your situation. If you’re religious, go to church, light a candle, ask for help. If you’re not, try writing some affirmations or joining a healing group like The Intention Experiment (you can find them on the web).

In closing, let me offer you a virtual *hug* and the hope that things will turn around for you.

Old 11-11-2019, 02:40 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Quote:
In one incident in the military, an officer in the organization I worked for claimed I was sleeping my car, and ordered me to get a psych evaluation. I was agitated because I was trapped in an situation where I'm being harassed and nobody is taking my side. How well would anyone else hold up with a fake allegation like that? But that was enough for the doctor to write a memo that I was unstable. I wish there was recourse or legal action I can take. It was a complete lie that ended my career, a bunch of adults putting a Kick Me sign on my back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Were you sleeping in your car?

Quote:
That's what I mean when that whistleblower anticipated the tech company would try to discredit him. The public would automatically believe the respected company. This is why scum in Hollywood were able to escape the law for so long.
Quote:
I h ave no idea what you're talking about. Answer the question please.

Were you sleeping in your car? You didn't say.
Quote:
For all we know, everyone in this thread could be lying or being disingenuous. If you're interested in this thread, just treat my comments as theory instead of fact. That will help streamline any discussion on the topic.
Quote:
You could just answer the questions that are asked of you.

All we have to go on is what you tell us, and so far you haven't told us much. But your method of responding HERE makes you sound like a recalcitrant person.

Is this how you act at work too?
Quote:
Please read the post that you replied to.
Quote:
Are you saying you were not sleeping in your car?

Why would an officer lie about that? Did he lie about others?

How was it not disproven?
Quote:
Just get it out of the way and call me every evil dictator and every deadly disease in history. Throw in the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs. That will surely discredit my claims.

Or maybe for the sake of argument, just comment in general terms, and don't worry about the veracity of specific details.

Disingenuous comments are amusing from the safety of the Internet, but it's frightening when people make those assumptions in real life interactions, and traumatizing when people act on those pretenses. A false allegation is one of the the worst sins a person can commit toward another.

Wow.

I mean, WOW!

OP, I'm gonna be blunt with you. You are the problem. There is something seriously atypical about the way you relate to people - the way in which you "hear" what other people are saying and the way you react and reply to them is the root of the problem. You took a perfectly normal conversation and question, and in the blink of an eye, turned it into a "Captain Queeg" moment. This was just amazing to see happen; watching this exchange unfold was actually painful for me.

Your social skills and communications skills are dysfunctional and self-destructive. That's why people are interacting with you the way they are. That's the only reason.

I wish you the best in getting this worked out.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 11-11-2019 at 03:10 PM..

Old 11-11-2019, 05:21 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,251,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
mouse exercise wheel
Sorry, is my discussion blocking your path? *scoots discussion out of the way*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Wow.

I mean, WOW!

OP, I'm gonna be blunt with you. You are the problem. There is something seriously atypical about the way you relate to people - the way in which you "hear" what other people are saying and the way you react and reply to them is the root of the problem. You took a perfectly normal conversation and question, and in the blink of an eye, turned it into a "Captain Queeg" moment. This was just amazing to see happen; watching this exchange unfold was actually painful for me.

Your social skills and communications skills are dysfunctional and self-destructive. That's why people are interacting with you the way they are. That's the only reason.

I wish you the best in getting this worked out.
ok, so I'm the problem So now what? Jump in the ocean? That doesn't seem fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo129 View Post
Well, I’m going to respond to the OP differently from the rest of you. I don’t know him, but I’m going to assume he is an honest person looking for help. To offer a bit of background, I have seen a few instances where someone was in fact treated as though they had a “kick me” sign on their back for no particular reason. I know one person who is utterly harmless and has been treated this way frequently. Having seen it for myself, my hypothesis is that some people through no fault of their own become a scapegoat and seem to engender some kind of malevolent herd response in other people. We’ve all known kids who were picked on, and occasionally it continues into adult life.

nc17, I don’t know what options are available to you, so my suggestions may not help, but here they are nevertheless.
- Cultivate one friend at your place of employment. You need someone to confide in there, and you need someone in your corner who will listen. You seem very alone, and that makes all things worse. There are people who will care, but sometimes you have to get past the outer shell.

- If it’s possible, consider leaving the job you’re in and starting fresh somewhere else. Sometimes a situation just doesn’t resolve no matter what you do, and there’s no shame in deciding to turn over a new leaf and put your energy somewhere else.

- Strengthen and rely on the ties that you have outside work - family, if possible, old or new friends. Make your life less about work, if it’s possible.

- If you’re a loner, try letting just one person in. My husband and I are both loners by nature, which is why we value each other so much and understand each other so well. Your choice isn’t between letting everyone in or letting no one in.

- If you have or can make the option of opening some kind of small business of your own, perhaps internet based, you might find the interactions less stressful. You might not be a team player, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Everyone doesn’t belong on a team.

- Keep a low profile at work, give things a chance to blow over. I know this is really hard, but sometimes it’s the best option if you’re unable to leave. When I was in a hostile work environment that I wasn’t able to immediately leave, I adopted a quiet, “lay low,” “whatever you say” attitude until I was able to leave on my own terms.

- Do something positive to affect your situation. If you’re religious, go to church, light a candle, ask for help. If you’re not, try writing some affirmations or joining a healing group like The Intention Experiment (you can find them on the web).

In closing, let me offer you a virtual *hug* and the hope that things will turn around for you.
After going back to the US, it hasn't been easy to connect with people. Most people I meet are really closed down, really angry about.... something.... or I run into the problem where I'm treated as a threatening person. I have my family members, but they mostly pretend this problem I have doesn't exist.
And when I see the headlines and Internet behavior, it messes with your view of how friendly or open people are these days.

I'm really not a loner. No matter how many times I stood at attention while blowhards in the military yelled "loner!" at me. A long time ago, I didn't have this problem at all. I was open and outgoing, seeing the world, making connections with tons of interesting people.
But I'm just flesh and bone, and there's so many threats and setbacks you can take before you start being more cautious.

Then again, the more baseless insults are thrown at me, the more I'm confident in who I really am. I'm a decent guy, but I'm also mortal. The warmest and most loving person in the world still has to be on guard in a warzone or bad neighborhood.

I've been doing Internet jobs and translating documents, and that earns me spare change, but the jobs aren't frequent enough to make a living off of it.

I will take a look at that website. Thank you for the kind words, and blessings to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
The name of that asteroid was Chicxulub named for the Yukaton Peninsula town built there and the crater at impact.

nc17 would definitely be easier to articulate.

OP, were you anywhere in Mexico 66 million years ago and do you have anyone that will collaborate your whereabouts?
lol. It's tough to prove my case, it's my word against the dinos after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships