Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 12:35 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times

Advertisements

1. My Great-Aunt, who passed away in 2012. She is the only relative from my family of origin that I really always looked up to. She was misunderstood by most of the others. In a family full of low-lifes, users, criminals, addicts, and crazy people, she was the one who always kept it classy. She was smart, funny, creative and generous. I have a lot of her stuff, and her memory is kind of enshrined in my home and my heart.

2. My youngest son. He and I are closer than his brother and I are, though I love him a great deal too. Well. I guess all of this is "at the moment" because it's been true throughout their lives that one or the other of my sons will be on good behavior and doing well and we'll drift closer in the absence of conflict, and the other one will be a complete pain in the butt. It isn't consistent though, they swap roles every so often. So today, I will answer, "my youngest son" as my older one vexes me a bit more right now. But this could change at any time. One thing that makes him special is that he is a funny thinker and a funny talker. We had a conversation recently about how, in his opinion, the robot at Walmart is passive-aggressive.

3. My Fiance, who is my perfect match. He makes everything in my world feel completely right, whenever he is near. And he is smart and fun and genuine and sensitive, and has endless depths of interesting tastes in all kinds of things we can enjoy together as companions. My life is so much better and happier with him in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 02:33 PM

351 posts, read 272,050 times
My parents- for always being caring, supportive and encouraging
My siblings- for always being there for me when I need someone to talk to or hang out with, and for always being up for a fun adventure
My grandparents- for giving me helpful advice and wisdom when I needed it the most
Best friend- for always being genuine, humble, funny, honest, selfless and for always being the realest
God- for listening to all my prayers when I pray each night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships