Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 11:23 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,163,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
OMG, the fact that he is older makes me even more disgusted, I thought maybe he was fresh out of living at home with his mommy and daddy and didn't know better.

OP, this is absolutely not acceptable.
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2019, 11:42 AM

631 posts, read 400,009 times
He's an inconsiderate shameless jerk!

I take it you're the only person on the lease? If so, and given the high rents in your area, I'd mention he's threading on thin ice and may soon have to move unless he has the decency to cover up. I'm sure you'd have no trouble finding a replacement.

Good luck OP. Don't put up with his crap!

Old 11-16-2019, 12:00 PM

8,153 posts, read 8,357,075 times
You gotta reopen this topic with him......

“Jerry, if we put a hook on your bedroom door with a robe on it would you use the robe when you go out of your room if you are in your underwear?”

Old 11-16-2019, 12:00 PM

32,658 posts, read 48,067,543 times
If you two are roommates, it is as much his home as it is yours. He's rude, but he can wear what he wants to wear in the privacy of his own home.

If you are on the lease and he is not, give him proper written notice to vacate. Find a different roommate.

seven miles out of town is nothing in the Western states. No one would blink an eye at that. Unless your roommate is expected to provide care for you, no one is going to care if you are handicapped unless you can't take care of yourself or do your own dishes.

You are on a ranch. Is there room for a horse? If so, advertise for a new roommate who has a horse and you can get some female horse person who will be delighted to drive 7 miles on a gravel road to live where their horse is right there with them.

My experience with horse people is that they tend to be very responsible. Screen really carefully, just in case.

Old 11-16-2019, 12:04 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post

....... It's hard for me to find individuals that I consider trustworthy given the circumstances.......

If your current roomie already flaunts his lack of respect for you and your sense of propriety (as well as flaunting his body and so-called masculinity) then he is already to be considered not trustworthy and he is a risk to you. He's sending you a blatant message that he is younger, stronger and has authority - more power and control over you and will do as he pleases. He is challenging you to try to do something about it and see where it gets you. He thinks he has you over a barrel because he is male, younger, stronger and you are female, older, weaker, disabled and at his mercy because of your isolated location.

If I was in similar circumstances (I have been, in the past) I personally would consider somebody like that could be potentially very dangerous towards me with the passage of time and with more familiarity breeding more contempt on his part, so I would not have someone like that for a room mate, especially not when living in such an isolated location. I suggest you not buy a robe or any other clothing for him as to do so could be a signal to him that you are trying to appease him and are acknowledging his superiority over you. Guys like him, at his age, they don't get better, they get worse and worse. Any show of appeasement will only result in him flaunting his ego and power over you in more ways.

I do understand you're in a bit of a pickle right now because of your location and personal living circumstances but I think you should try to find a woman to replace him as soon as possible and get rid of that guy. Or else start making every effort now to find a place of your own in town. Considering your personal circumstances I think if you ever have a roomie again it would be much wiser to get a woman who is more docile and easy going, not a man. Also, with only women living in the house propriety and decorum is not such an issue.

Old 11-16-2019, 12:11 PM

962 posts, read 613,107 times
I fail to see a problem here.

When I'm home, I dress like Winnie The Pooh- no pants, no undies, just a T-shirt.

Old 11-16-2019, 12:37 PM

3,135 posts, read 2,260,309 times
This guy obviously doesn’t care about your feelings even though you’ve made them clear to him several times. This is your sign that he never will. He’s immature and needs to grow up a LOT, just not under the same roof as yourself. Send him packing at the first opportunity.

Old 11-16-2019, 12:45 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,969,781 times
Point and laugh.

Old 11-16-2019, 12:47 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Purlin View Post
I fail to see a problem here.

When I'm home, I dress like Winnie The Pooh- no pants, no undies, just a T-shirt.
I'm guessing you live alone. When you live with other people, you can't do that.

Old 11-16-2019, 12:54 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,743,789 times
Like others have said it's only going to get worse. Separate yourself from him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships